The Education Forum

Where in Altgens6 is LBJ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newspaper retouches and scan artifacts were covered long ago between this and Lancer's sites .... it's interesting that it was the newspaper Altgens 6 print crop that was used at that time and compared to regular prints of the same. I also imagine that when a crop of an image was decided, then the aspect ratio was changed to fit how the editor wanted it to appear in print ... much like we do when doing our own presentations.

Bill

Bill,

I'm not talking about an artifact in this instance.

This is not an artifact, it is part of the original photo.

Are you trying to convince me that it was not on the original Altgen's negative, but yet, ended up in a newspaper edition the next day, as an artifact?

Take a look at a Muchmore frame, it might answer your previous post.

chris

Muchflag.png

Bill,

Are you trying to convince me that it was not on the original Altgen's negative, but yet, ended up in a newspaper edition the next day, as an artifact?

chris

Muchflag.png

The retouched remark I made had to do with the obvious windshield view differences. The flag was constantly waving and seen at different angles depending on which source one is looking at ... this would explain its design shape changes.

Bill

Bill,

chris

The retouched remark I made had to do with the obvious windshield view differences. The flag was constantly waving and seen at different angles depending on which source one is looking at ... this would explain its design shape changes.

Bill

I assume Chris is refering too the slight difference in the "circle on the flag" as seen between different newspaper versions of Altgens 6

The flag waving doesn't come into the equation.

Willis 2 crop showing the FULL CIRCLE

This is only seen in the better quality newspaper image, the unbroken circle does NOT appear in the poor quality newspaper copy, or in my Corbis copy. ?

I think Chris's question is, what does the Altgens negative show.

A broken circle on the flag, OR a complete circle as seen in Willis 2

Edited by Robin Unger

?

Bill,

chris

Bill

I assume Chris is refering too the slight difference in the "circle on the flag" as seen between different newspaper versions of Altgens 6

The flag waving doesn't come into the equation.

Willis 2 crop showing the FULL CIRCLE

This is only seen in the better quality newspaper image, the unbroken circle does NOT appear in the poor quality newspaper copy, or in my Corbis copy. ?

I think Chris's question is, what does the Altgens negative show.

A broken circle on the flag, OR a complete circle as seen in Willis 2

Thank you Robin for breaking it down into simplified terms.

Apple to Apple comparisons.

chris

In order to bring this full circle I'd like to focus on the timing of Altgens, Yarborough's reaction, and if Rufus is indeed turning around to ultmiately jump over the seat and protect the VP... why does Yarborough completely neglect to mention any of that activity.

The desire of the thread was to determine which shot and when Yarborough connects to the soldier hitting the dirt and to tie that to GA's account. The fact is that both men claim there were shots fired after GA hits the ground.

If Nix and Muchmoore show a tan-clothed soldier diving to his left (and why would he dive TOWARD or INTO the sound of gunshots as opposed to his right and AWAY from the shots??) at this point we have to take your word for it. Why wouldn't Groden publish such great still frames showing this then? Waiting for the 50 year celebration??

Any reason Bowers does not mention this soldier wandering around the RR yard and all the other activities/encounters GA claims?? Bowers seemed very observant in that area and was able to describe in great detail the men he did see...

How does GA look so incredibly BLACK in both Betzner and Willis when the lightness of his clothes are seen in the films and in Moorman? He steps back into DEEPER DARKNESS than would be at BDM's position....

Am still not convinced GA was BDM. Until we can place the black couple somewhere at the that time, and there is no reason to believe they did not move around by the bench, enough to catch the eye of Sitzman. GA needs to be north and west of BDM according to his own description... no one else is seen in Willis or Betzner other than BDM, no GA and no black couple.... an imo no Hudson either...

Guess there really is no evidence of Rufus in the back seat... no clear images after z255 at least...

DJ

I think the bell crop I posted earlier from a collage by Robin shows what could be interpreted as Rufus.