The Education Forum

Where in Altgens6 is LBJ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to bring this full circle I'd like to focus on the timing of Altgens, Yarborough's reaction, and if Rufus is indeed turning around to ultmiately jump over the seat and protect the VP... why does Yarborough completely neglect to mention any of that activity.

The desire of the thread was to determine which shot and when Yarborough connects to the soldier hitting the dirt and to tie that to GA's account. The fact is that both men claim there were shots fired after GA hits the ground.

If Nix and Muchmoore show a tan-clothed soldier diving to his left (and why would he dive TOWARD or INTO the sound of gunshots as opposed to his right and AWAY from the shots??) at this point we have to take your word for it. Why wouldn't Groden publish such great still frames showing this then? Waiting for the 50 year celebration??

Any reason Bowers does not mention this soldier wandering around the RR yard and all the other activities/encounters GA claims?? Bowers seemed very observant in that area and was able to describe in great detail the men he did see...

How does GA look so incredibly BLACK in both Betzner and Willis when the lightness of his clothes are seen in the films and in Moorman? He steps back into DEEPER DARKNESS than would be at BDM's position....

Am still not convinced GA was BDM. Until we can place the black couple somewhere at the that time, and there is no reason to believe they did not move around by the bench, enough to catch the eye of Sitzman. GA needs to be north and west of BDM according to his own description... no one else is seen in Willis or Betzner other than BDM, no GA and no black couple.... an imo no Hudson either...

Guess there really is no evidence of Rufus in the back seat... no clear images after z255 at least...

DJ

Hi David.

FWIW

I don't see any CLEAR photographic evidence showing that GA was even in Dealey Plaza on the 22/11/63

The only soldier in uniform i see, is the one seen in Altgens 5 standing just under the fire escape.

Hard to say John.

That image is looking a little fuzzy at my end. ?

I think it's very fuzzy.

Hard to say John.

That image is looking a little fuzzy at my end. ?

I think it's very fuzzy.

Looks like he's sitting down by then.

I agree John

Youngblood appears to be in his normal seating position in the DCA Frame.

TO: Chief DATE: November 29, 1963

WROM: MBIPBARHDMNNSKVFVWRKJVZCMHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCD

Statement of SAIC Rufus W. Youngblood, Vice Presidential Detail (office 1-22), concerning details of events occurring in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963.

The motorcade had just cleared the congested downtown area and made a right turn. I recall observing an illuminated clock sign on a building -- the time was 12:30 p.m., which was the time we were due to be at the Trade Mart. The motorcade then made a left turn, and the sidewalk crowds were beginning to diminish in size. I observed a grassy plot to my right in back of the small crowd of bystanders on the sidewalk -- some tall buildings -- a downhill grade ahead where the street went under what appeared to be a railroad overpass. We were about two car lengths behind the Presidential follow-up car at this time.

I heard an explosion -- I was not sure whether it was a firecracker, bomb, bullet, or other explosion. I looked at whatever I could quickly survey, and could not see anything which would indicate the origin of this noise. I noticed that the movements in the Presidential car were very abnormal and, at practically the same time, the movements in the Presidential follow-up car were abnormal. I turned in my seat and with my left arm grasped and shoved the Vice President, at his right shoulder, down and toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough. At the same time, I shouted "get down!" I believe I said this more than once and directed it to the Vice President and the other occupants of the rear seat. They all responded very rapidly.

I quickly looked all around again and could see nothing to shoot at, so I stepped over into the back seat and sat on top of the Vice President. I sat in a crouched position and issued orders to the driver. During this time, I heard two more explosion noises and observed SA Hickey in the Presidential follow-up car poised on the car with the AR-15 rifle looking toward the buildings. The second and third explosions made the same type of sound that the first one did as far as I could tell, but by this time I was of the belief that they definitely were shots--not bombs or firecrackers. I am not sure that I was on top of the Vice President before the second shot--he says I was. All of the above related events, from the beginning at the sound of the first shot to the sound of the third shot, happened within a few seconds.

In my crouched position, I observed the people on the streets to scatter; heard some shouts; saw the motorcade increase speed, and I knew we were making a rapid evacuation. I shouted to the driver to stick with them and stay close. We then began moving very fast. I then called on my portable radio, which I had with me, to the Vice Presidential follow-up car and ordered them to switch to "Charlie" frequency. As I switched to "Charlie," I heard some transmission from the Presidential follow-up car. From fragments of what I heard and what I saw, I knew that the President had suffered injury. I could see an agent (who had previously run from the Presidential follow-up car, although I did not observe this when it happened) lieing across the trunk turtle of the Presidential car above the President and Mrs. Kennedy. I heard enough radio transmission to know we were headed for a hospital. I could also see the agents in the Presidential follow-up car waving our car to come up close, and I told our driver to stay as close and go as fast as he could without having a wreck.

http://www.jfk-online.com/youngblood.html

Edited by Robin Unger

ediit add : ok

Edited by John Dolva

• 2 months later...

As I said many times over the years, none of the Secret Service agents heard anything that sounded like a rifle report, prior to frame 285 . . . .

Landis wrote that when the first shot was fired, it “sounded like the report of a high-powered rifle from behind me, over my right shoulder.”

He also wrote, “There was no question in my mind what it was.”

LBJ has to be upright at the Altgens 6 moment, because Lady Bird and Yarborough are unfazed.

Yarborough’s affidavit clearly explains why he seems unfazed: “In fact, until the automatic weapon was uncovered, I had been lulled into a sense of false hope for the President’s safety, by the lack of motion, excitement, or apparent visible knowledge by the Secret Service men that anything so dreadful was happening.”

Hickey did not pick up the “automatic weapon” until after the headshot.

I agree John

Youngblood appears to be in his normal seating position in the DCA Frame.

TO: Chief DATE: November 29, 1963

WROM: MBIPBARHDMNNSKVFVWRKJVZCMHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCD

Statement of SAIC Rufus W. Youngblood, Vice Presidential Detail (office 1-22), concerning details of events occurring in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963.

The motorcade had just cleared the congested downtown area and made a right turn. I recall observing an illuminated clock sign on a building -- the time was 12:30 p.m., which was the time we were due to be at the Trade Mart. The motorcade then made a left turn, and the sidewalk crowds were beginning to diminish in size. I observed a grassy plot to my right in back of the small crowd of bystanders on the sidewalk -- some tall buildings -- a downhill grade ahead where the street went under what appeared to be a railroad overpass. We were about two car lengths behind the Presidential follow-up car at this time.

I heard an explosion -- I was not sure whether it was a firecracker, bomb, bullet, or other explosion. I looked at whatever I could quickly survey, and could not see anything which would indicate the origin of this noise. I noticed that the movements in the Presidential car were very abnormal and, at practically the same time, the movements in the Presidential follow-up car were abnormal. I turned in my seat and with my left arm grasped and shoved the Vice President, at his right shoulder, down and toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough. At the same time, I shouted "get down!" I believe I said this more than once and directed it to the Vice President and the other occupants of the rear seat. They all responded very rapidly.

I quickly looked all around again and could see nothing to shoot at, so I stepped over into the back seat and sat on top of the Vice President. I sat in a crouched position and issued orders to the driver. During this time, I heard two more explosion noises and observed SA Hickey in the Presidential follow-up car poised on the car with the AR-15 rifle looking toward the buildings. The second and third explosions made the same type of sound that the first one did as far as I could tell, but by this time I was of the belief that they definitely were shots--not bombs or firecrackers. I am not sure that I was on top of the Vice President before the second shot--he says I was. All of the above related events, from the beginning at the sound of the first shot to the sound of the third shot, happened within a few seconds.

In my crouched position, I observed the people on the streets to scatter; heard some shouts; saw the motorcade increase speed, and I knew we were making a rapid evacuation. I shouted to the driver to stick with them and stay close. We then began moving very fast. I then called on my portable radio, which I had with me, to the Vice Presidential follow-up car and ordered them to switch to "Charlie" frequency. As I switched to "Charlie," I heard some transmission from the Presidential follow-up car. From fragments of what I heard and what I saw, I knew that the President had suffered injury. I could see an agent (who had previously run from the Presidential follow-up car, although I did not observe this when it happened) lieing across the trunk turtle of the Presidential car above the President and Mrs. Kennedy. I heard enough radio transmission to know we were headed for a hospital. I could also see the agents in the Presidential follow-up car waving our car to come up close, and I told our driver to stay as close and go as fast as he could without having a wreck.

http://www.jfk-online.com/youngblood.html

Note that while the motorcade is still in DP on Elm, Youngblood climbs over into the back seat!...BEFORE THE SECOND SHOT. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jack

Guest Robert Morrow

Rufus Youngblood is LYING and the reason he is lying is because Lyndon Johnson wants him to lie to pretend in some way that Lyndon Johnson was in danger and a possible target when he was not. That is the fantasy that Lyndon Johnson wanted created just like when he asks Hoover on tape was anybody shooting at ME. Johnson knows sucker historians will be listening to that tape just like they will be reading Rufus Youngblood's phony account of jumping over the backseat and sitting on LBJ: which he did NOT do!

After the assassination, Lyndon Johnson was very nice career-wise to Rufus Youngblood.

Senator’s Ralph Yarborough's Suspicion of Lyndon Johnson:

"There is the well-publicized story of Agent Rufus Youngblood, who reportedly threw himself on top of Vice President Johnson after the shooting began in Dealey Plaza.... Johnson, in a statement to the Warren Commission, mentioned the incident:

I was startled by a sharp report or explosion, but I had no time to speculate as to its origin because Agent Youngblood turned in a flash, immediately after the first explosion, hitting me on the shoulder, and shouted to all of us in the back seat to get down. I was pushed down by Agent Youngblood. Almost in the same moment in which he hit or pushed me, he vaulted over the back seat and sat on me. I was bent over under the weight of Agent Youngblood's body, toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough....

However, former Texas senator Ralph Yarborough, who was sitting beside Johnson that day, told this author: 'It just didn't happen.... It was a small car, Johnson was a big man, tall. His knees were up against his chin as it was. There was no room for that to happen.' Yarborough recalled that both Johnson and Youngblood ducked down as the shooting began and that Youngblood never left the front seat. Yarborough said Youngblood held a small walkie-talkie over the back of the car's seat and that he and Johnson both put their ears to the device. He added: 'They had it turned down real low. I couldn't hear what they were listening to.'"

--Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy