The Education Forum

Film of David Atlee Phillips

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has been using my website for a documentary they are making on David Atlee Phillips. They have asked me a question I cannot answer: "Do you know where I might be able to find any film of Phillips?" Is anyone aware of any film of Phillips?

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has been using my website for a documentary they are making on David Atlee Phillips. They have asked me a question I cannot answer: "Do you know where I might be able to find any film of Phillips?" Is anyone aware of any film of Phillips?

I taped Phillips on NBC denying that he was Bishop. It is now at both the Penn Jones collection at Baylor

and at UTA. Contacting Ben Rogers at Baylor ought to turn up the clip. Ben can furnish a copy on DVD.

Jack

"Inside the CIA" was subtitled "On Company Business".

You can watch it here:

http://www.documentary-film.net/noticeboard/video-comment.php?&e=162

or in parts 1 through 12 on YouTube beginning here (and that is Phillips on the freeze frame):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3YH_ggYdc&feature=related

In part 1 at 2:11, Phillips tells us that if the CIA is abolished, Presidents will create their own intelligence service, and "they may reach into the looney bin to find the people to run it, and they may call it the Plumbers, but they will have it".

In part 6 at 2:40, Phillips says that after the CIA assisted coups in Iran and Guatemala, "It seemed so easy to hope that secret shenanigans could accomplish what an army should have been doing".

In part 10 at 4:35, Phillips says of the US-Mafia cooperation that "I had only known that we used them in Marseilles, on the docks there". He also notes that "a good policy maker" has to weigh the "very, very tricky" use of the mafia.

There may be a few more quotes throughout.

Steve

Edited by Steve Rosen

Thank you very much for this information. I have passed it onto my contact at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Interestingly, I had an email from Gary Mack offering to help CBC make the documentary. No doubt, as part of Operation Mockingbird. This is the same Gary Mack who ran an email campaign against me. I have passed on details of other researchers into David Attlee Philips who emailed me.

Notice that David Atlee Phillips won't commit, journalism-style, to JFK-RFK knowledge of Castro assassination plots (but he'll raise the question...).

Note in Part 10 Phillips equates "a good intelligence officer" with "a good policy-maker."

Edited by David Andrews

Interestingly, I had an email from Gary Mack offering to help CBC make the documentary. No doubt, as part of Operation Mockingbird. This is the same Gary Mack who ran an email campaign against me. ...

Old Gar never met a network he couldn't hustle... :ice

This is the same Gary Mack who ran an email campaign against me.

Thats BS John!

You allow Gary Mack to be a member of your great forum and what does he do? He hides behind his position at the 6th Floor so he dosent have to post

It must be nice and easy to have others post for you and not have to answer to anybody on the forum

I believe that if he is a member of this forum he should have to post

The fact that he ran an email campaign against you makes me very upset!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

John, he testified before congress in his career. The archives must have something. Purchased and old documentary VHS set on the CIA years ago, and I believe I remember him testifying and Helms too before Congress in it.

This is the same Gary Mack who ran an email campaign against me.

Thats BS John!

You allow Gary Mack to be a member of your great forum and what does he do? He hides behind his position at the 6th Floor so he dosent have to post

It must be nice and easy to have others post for you and not have to answer to anybody on the forum

I believe that if he is a member of this forum he should have to post

The fact that he ran an email campaign against you makes me very upset!

Dean, With a little help from Mr. Mack, I must say, that he was not the person I saw at the bookstore.

Edited by Anthony DeFiore

"Inside the CIA" was subtitled "On Company Business".

You can watch it here:

http://www.documentary-film.net/noticeboard/video-comment.php?&e=162

or in parts 1 through 12 on YouTube beginning here (and that is Phillips on the freeze frame):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3YH_ggYdc&feature=related

In part 1 at 2:11, Phillips tells us that if the CIA is abolished, Presidents will create their own intelligence service, and "they may reach into the looney bin to find the people to run it, and they may call it the Plumbers, but they will have it".

In part 6 at 2:40, Phillips says that after the CIA assisted coups in Iran and Guatemala, "It seemed so easy to hope that secret shenanigans could accomplish what an army should have been doing".

In part 10 at 4:35, Phillips says of the US-Mafia cooperation that "I had only known that we used them in Marseilles, on the docks there". He also notes that "a good policy maker" has to weigh the "very, very tricky" use of the mafia.

There may be a few more quotes throughout.

Steve

Steve, that's the VHS set I bought! Nice post. TD