The Education Forum

Information on Patrick Dean

I met Pat’s son Tony in Dallas last November. Unpon my request, he came and join us for a visit of the former City Hall where Oswald was erased. I also obtained Dean’s interview with the HSCA. I also obtained a recording made by Burt W. Griffin in 1963 made for the WC in which he elaborates on his interaction with Dean. I’m writing to Griffin today to ask him if he’d be interested in listening to the audio. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

I met Pat’s son Tony in Dallas last November. Unpon my request, he came and join us for a visit of the former City Hall where Oswald was erased. I also obtained Dean’s interview with the HSCA. I also obtained a recording made by Burt W. Griffin in 1963 made for the WC in which he elaborates on his interaction with Dean. I’m writing to Griffin today to ask him if he’d be interested in listening to the audio. 

Can you post Dean's HSCA testimony?  The Griffin audio would be really cool too.

Yes, Dennis thank you very much.  I'm just starting Griffin part 2 but really interesting and informative so far.

50 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, Dennis thank you very much.  I'm just starting Griffin part 2 but really interesting and informative so far.

It becomes clear in part 2, Griffin freely states he questioned Dean's telling the full truth on two issues off the record.  Ruby's supposed admission to Dean of thinking about shooting Oswald Friday night, and, about Ruby coming down the ramp.  He emphasizes he never called him a liar or mentioned possible perjury charges among other tidbits. 

I have lots more on Patrick Dean in my new book American Memory Hole: How the Court Historians Promote

Disinformation. Included are exclusive insights from his daughter. He has been unfairly maligned by the

research community. 

1 hour ago, Don Jeffries said:

I have lots more on Patrick Dean in my new book American Memory Hole: How the Court Historians Promote

Disinformation. Included are exclusive insights from his daughter. He has been unfairly maligned by the

research community. 

Do you have a website for the book?

It's available wherever books are sold. Here's the Amazon link:

American Memory Hole by Donald Jeffries  

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

Polygraphs aren't accurate.

Provenly, not always accurate to a fool proof degree.

Rationally and logically, always room for reasonable doubt in a jurist mind when the prosecution tries to prove guilt through them.

Then why are polygraphs still used so prolifically in so many areas of law enforcement and intelligence agency doings?

My question to Dean, right after Ruby whacked Oswald... would have been for him to explain his view of why the Dallas Police security plan for most important ( and most threatened ) criminal suspect in American history failed and in the worst possible way ... death to Oswald?

I am sure Dean would have simply said..."I don't know."

Second question to Dean ... was there any internal discussion at all that you knew of about moving Oswald at night with no public announcement of the move and no packed in press crowd to film it? And did Dean himself have any reservations at all about a publicly announced, packed press crowd daytime movement?

Again, my guess is he would have simply answered..."no."

Edited by Joe Bauer

I watched Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV when I was 12 years old.

Millions of Americans did. 

My guess is however, that 75% of Americans who watched this event on live national TV 61 years ago are now resting in cemetery plots or sitting in fireplace mantel adorning cremation vases.

We are fast becoming a vanishing breed.

I can imagine if I make it to 100 and with only a handful of viewing survivors left, some odd history story TV show host might ask me to describe what it was like seeing this iconic event on live TV.

Like Lincoln assassination witnesses 100 years later.

Sitting in my wheelchair toothless, half blind and with my cow horn hearing aid scratching out a ... "what's that sunny?" 

Repeated question: and an "Oh...well, it was a real shocking thing. Even scary."

"I jumped off my bed and pert near soiled myself!"

I shouted out "No Way" - "No Way" over and over ( true story ) and said something like "Man, that Texas is one nutty place!"

Edited by Joe Bauer