The Education Forum

Information on Patrick Dean

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Great post David.

Thanks Ron...  really enjoyed the research and discovery of this event.

The mindset of -How did "Ruby" get there on time- replaced with -how did they know to bring Oswald down at the right time-

With DEAN lying so poorly to put Ruby on that ramp, the unchecked and unguarded route and the "reserve officer" in their place...  Croy and Westbrook "appear" to be doing Fritz's bidding..  He couldn't even bother to look or worry about his 99% conviction percentage

533422698_CaptFritzsoaware-LEAVELLEreportlies-Fritzdidntseeanythingcopy.thumb.jpg.de1e8fd240880256fd1a51945b79f88d.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality check regards the most negligent security plan to protect the most important ( and most physically threatened ) criminal suspect in American history ( Lee Harvey Oswald ) one could imagine with the ultimate worst case scenario ( Oswald's death ) results.

Way beyond the excuse of simple negligence, too many facts of improbable illogicalness in the entire worst-case scenario failed Oswald security plan affair by the Dallas PD shout "set-up!"

We have all viewed the video of Ruby whacking Oswald on 11,24,1963 perhaps dozens if not hundreds of times.

Even now, after all this time, I am struck by how small, tight and cramped the space is that Oswald had to walk through after entering the basement area to get to a waiting police car.

Look at it again. Maybe only 30 to 40 feet from the main building exit door, 20 feet wide? And in this tight space you have so many officers crammed into it they could have reached out and shook Jim Leavelle's and L.C. Graves hands as they passed.

Then you have the horn honking police car rolling down the ramp into this small space which made it all even more tightly packed. Arm waving, staring off Fritz himself has to pull back as to not get hit by it. And the car even rolls back to almost touching Ruby while he is blasting away into Oswald's gut?!

Then you also have a crush of frantic flash camera, mic holding and question shouting press people thrusting themselves into this already crammed with bodies tight space, getting within feet of Oswald just as "Jews have guts" proving Jack Ruby jumps out from behind his long-time known Dallas PD officer buddy, big "Blackie" Harrison and blasting away into Oswald's inches away gut to complete this security breakdown madness.

The entire scene was a security logistics nightmare! Complete chaos!

10's of millions of Americans who ( like myself ) watched this murder on national TV "LIVE" could not help but feel the greatest suspicion about it all. 

"No Way!" "No Way!"

"What the HECK just happened?" ... and "what an incompetent police force!" and "Man, that Texas is one nutty place!" Etc. etc.

The perfect set up for Ruby who took advantage of this circus of illogically crazy security circumstances. 

Officer Dean was head of the uniformed detail that morning? Ruby breaching that security was his failure of duty. How the heck was he not fired over this greatest criminal suspect security failure event in American history?

The worst case scenario Oswald death affair in the hands of the Dallas PD and right inside their own building is the greatest seed of governmental mistrust event regards the JFKA truth in the national psyche then and throughout the last 61 years imo.

The Dallas PD will always have to live with this infamous greatest security breakdown failure in American history. It's just a part of their legacy forever.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 4:17 PM, David Josephs said:

In his report to Chief Curry two days later, on November 26, Dean said that Ruby told him “in the presence of Mr. Sorrels that he (Ruby) had entered the basement through the ramp entering on Main Street.” Dean told the WC about their conversation. Ruby allegedly told Dean, "I walked in the Main Street ramp…I have just been to the Western Union to mail a money order to Fort Worth…. I walked from the Western Union to the ramp…. I saw Sam Pierce drive out of the basement. At that time, at the time the car drove out is when I walked in." Agent Sorrels, head of the Secret Service in Dallas, reported that Ruby “said no such thing.” Detectives Clardy, Archer, and McMillion were there with Dean when Ruby allegedly told Dean he walked down the Main St. Ramp, yet not one of these detectives said anything about the ramp in their initial reports concerning the murder of Oswald.

Many thanks for all the contributors to this very interesting thread, which I have been using for my work on the Dallas Police.

David, as others have posted, thanks for your work on Sgt. Dean.  My query is regarding Agent Sorrels, 'reported that Ruby said "no such thing". 

Where, when & to whom did Sorrels say this?

In his Warren testimony Sorrels states that after his short interview with Ruby, he left the 5th floor jail, leaving the detectives (and Sgt. Dean), with Ruby.

2 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Many thanks for all the contributors to this very interesting thread, which I have been using for my work on the Dallas Police.

David, as others have posted, thanks for your work on Sgt. Dean.  My query is regarding Agent Sorrels, 'reported that Ruby said "no such thing". 

Where, when & to whom did Sorrels say this?

In his Warren testimony Sorrels states that after his short interview with Ruby, he left the 5th floor jail, leaving the detectives (and Sgt. Dean), with Ruby.

Pete,

Thanks for the kind words.  Sorrels says that the words in his notes about the "ramp" comes from his overhearing FRITZ ask RUBY.  

Mr. HUBERT. Do you know if anyone asked him how he got in? I think perhaps you have testified to that already.
Mr. SORRELS. Yes, Captain Fritz asked him that.
Mr. HUBERT. And he said he came in through the ramp, I believe you said.
Mr. SORRELS. That is right.

Mr. SORRELS. I do not remember just exactly the time, but it was some time after that when Jack Ruby was brought to Captain Fritz' office, and Captain Fritz questioned him. I was present at that time and heard Captain Fritz interrogate him and made some notes and wrote them up. And I also at that time asked him a few questions myself, on some points I wanted to clarify.

Mr. SORRELS. It probably brought it to my mind that there were other people present there, and I think I so informed Mr. Griffin on the telephone. But that is not what prompted me to make the call about the two uniformed officers, because that had no bearing on what I told Mr. Griffin. What he was asking me over the telephone is what I had heard Ruby say. And I told him what I had heard Ruby say. And he had asked me about certain things that I did not recall hearing Ruby say, and I told him so at the time. And when I was in District Attorney Wade's office, the question was asked of me by Mr. Wade as to whether or not certain statements alleged to have been made by Ruby were made to Officer Dean in my presence, and I told him I did not hear anything like that.

Mr. SORRELS. The only comment that I can remember that he made is when Mr. Wade asked me if certain things were said by Ruby when I was talking to him in the jail on the morning of November 24, when Dean was there, and I told him no, that that statement was not made in my presence, I did not recall any statement like that. And Dean said, "Well, maybe it was. after you left." And I said, "Well, if it was--if the statement was made, it would have had to be after I left, because I don't recall any statement like that."

In his report to Chief Curry two days later, on November 26, Dean said that Ruby told him “in the presence of Mr. Sorrels that he (Ruby) had entered the basement through the ramp entering on Main Street.” Dean told the WC about their conversation.

Ruby allegedly told Dean, "I walked in the Main Street ramp…I have just been to the Western Union to mail a money order to Fort Worth…. I walked from the Western Union to the ramp…. I saw Sam Pierce drive out of the basement. At that time, at the time the car drove out is when I walked in.” 
Agent Sorrels, head of the Secret Service in Dallas, reported that Ruby “said no such thing.” 

Mr. HUBERT. And he said he came in through the ramp, I believe you said.
Mr. SORRELS. That is right.  (Again - I think the distinction is between FRITZ and DEAN)

SORRELS. Now, I might put in here as an explanation that these are in response to questions that Captain Fritz was asking him. That he had this gun for 2 or 3 years. That George Senator was a roommate. That he came in the basement--the word "basement" is not shown here he came in off Main Street, off of the ramp.

img_1138_563_200.jpg

On 9/15/2024 at 12:33 PM, David Josephs said:

In his report to Chief Curry two days later, on November 26, Dean said that Ruby told him “in the presence of Mr. Sorrels that he (Ruby) had entered the basement through the ramp entering on Main Street.”

So, there's the big porky!  Cheers David.