The Education Forum

Harvey & Lee poll

Jim,

They aint gonna learn what they dont wanna know...

Our efforts do allow those not overly familar with the H&L situation to see more than just a bad series of rebuttal arguments offered without corroboration or authentication (and no mention of speculation).

Let's put that to the test then.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as I said, I think Armstrong and company are just blowing smoke and I think most people agree with me.

I agree with Tracy. I'll just say I don't find Harvey & Lee theory compelling. And I'm being generous when I say that. That's my vote.

Good. Thanks. I'm obviously technically deficient. I've had 2 attempts at putting a poll up. If they actually got posted, I'm not sure where...

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain

Leo Tolstoy
“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.”
― Leo Tolstoy, A Confession

Criss Jami
“When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person.”
― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality

Henrik Ibsen
“I don't imagine you will dispute the fact that at present the stupid people are in an absolutely overwhelming majority all the world over.”
― Henrik Ibsen

Bertrand Russell
“The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.”
― Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals

Jarod Kintz
“Don’t be jealous if I spend 50% of my time with you, and 50% of my time with others, because you get 100% of 50%, while all the others have to share that other 50%.” This is the speech I’ve prepared to tell my wife in the future, when I’m spending a majority minus one percent of my time with my clones.”
― Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title

Mahatma Gandhi
“The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.”
― Mahatma Gandhi, The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology of His Writings on His Life, Work, and Ideas

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Leo Tolstoy

“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.”

― Leo Tolstoy, A Confession

Criss Jami

“When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person.”

― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality

Henrik Ibsen

“I don't imagine you will dispute the fact that at present the stupid people are in an absolutely overwhelming majority all the world over.”

― Henrik Ibsen

Bertrand Russell

“The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.”

― Bertrand Russell, Marriage and Morals

Jarod Kintz

“Don’t be jealous if I spend 50% of my time with you, and 50% of my time with others, because you get 100% of 50%, while all the others have to share that other 50%.” This is the speech I’ve prepared to tell my wife in the future, when I’m spending a majority minus one percent of my time with my clones.”

― Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title

Mahatma Gandhi

“The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.”

― Mahatma Gandhi, The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology of His Writings on His Life, Work, and Ideas

Pre-emptive excuses. Nice.

So you don't have the same confidence David had about winning a poll when he said...Our efforts do allow those not overly familar with the H&L situation to see more than just a bad series of rebuttal arguments?

Jim,

Our efforts do allow those not overly familar with the H&L situation to see more than just a bad series of rebuttal arguments offered without corroboration or authentication (and no mention of speculation).

I vote that the theory is a fraud. I know-big surprise right?

They polled some of the most respected and influential men of the time and found that they agreed with and signed the report claiming that Oswald was solely guilty of the murder of both JFK and Tippit. Well most of them did.

You actually think any of your minions would vote against you. :rolleyes:

and yes, please make this all about "winning and losing"... your lack of depth and understanding is monumental.

Grasping for straws Greg will not change how you misrepresented the evidence related to Odio, don't undertand how statistics work related to tonsil regrowth, and can't count the number of days in a school year, to name just a few.

Admitting who you are, what you are doing and then owning up to it is obviouly not in your nature Greg.

So get out the petitions, start waving signs on the street corners and ask everyone you can... like LBJ's '48 election, let's see if you can stuff this ballot box with enough shills to make you feel all warm and fuzzy..and WIN!!.

It can't change how you've misrepresented the evidence at every opportunity, but it might make you feel a little better about yourself

:up

They polled some of the most respected and influential men of the time and found that they agreed with and signed the report claiming that Oswald was solely guilty of the murder of both JFK and Tippit. Well most of them did.

You actually think any of your minions would vote against you. :rolleyes:

and yes, please make this all about "winning and losing"... your lack of depth and understanding is monumental.

Grasping for straws Greg will not change how you misrepresented the evidence related to Odio, don't undertand how statistics work related to tonsil regrowth, and can't count the number of days in a school year, to name just a few.

Admitting who you are, what you are doing and then owning up to it is obviouly not in your nature Greg.

So get out the petitions, start waving signs on the street corners and ask everyone you can... like LBJ's '48 election, let's see if you can stuff this ballot box with enough shills to make you feel all warm and fuzzy..and WIN!!.

It can't change how you've misrepresented the evidence at every opportunity, but it might make you feel a little better about yourself

:up

My my. It doesn't take much to set you off, does it?

So you have zero interest in knowing how persuasive your "arguments" have been?

Or...

you don't think it matters if others find your "arguments" persuasive or not?

If so, I'm confused as to exactly why you're expending all this time and energy on your baiting and logical fallacies you mistake for debating points...

Jim,

Thanks for asking.

I think "Harvey and Lee" is a slightly paranoiac attempt to create order from the chaos and confusion involving innocent Oswald look-alikes as well as some perfectly or imperfectly-recalled impersonations of Oswald that did occur.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I think Harvey and Lee is a distraction, most especially from what seem to me to be very real impersonations of LHO. It begs credulity to think that there would be two of everything for a decade or more.

problem with nutters is this: they simply can't put Oswald in that 6th-floor window... not to mention other same era conspiracies... Nutters need the distraction of Harvey and Lee to cover much larger sins of omission/commission...

Edited by David G. Healy

I agree with Mr Parnell, it's a fraud. And a ridiculous one at that.

Thanks Vanessa and others who voted, I appreciate it.

Here's the thing to me. A reasonable person could believe that Oswald was impersonated at some point. Each person's interpretation of the better known cases will probably vary. But IMO, it is extremely difficult for a reasonable person to believe in H&L, since it is based entirely on witness statements and discrepancies in documentation and there are powerful reasons to disbelieve it.

I hope more people will vote in the poll.

Bugliose/Armstrong - is there any difference?

Gary Mack about Bugliosis book, quote Dallas Morning News. June the 9. 2015

“What this book and others like it will do is provide a resource to discover answers. I often suggest to people that part of finding out what happened to President Kennedy is learning what did not happen. My responsibility is to know all sides of these issues. And the beauty of Vince’s book is that he has given people a place to go, a place to start when they have a question.

close quote

Neither Bugliosis nor Armstrongs book are a good starting point. Bugliosis Book is the opposite of a START. It is a deadlock. That LN-Bible. Just like the Armstrong book, HARVEY AND LEE - which is a deadlock for CTers. That CTer Bible. (For a small minority of CTers: Hargrove, Jack White, David Josephs...and Doug Weldon )

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

OK, John Armstrong has a theory that is wrong.

Nonetheless, there are photographs of two different individuals called Lee Harvey Oswald. This is a fact, not a theory. IMO.

My advice to all who are H & L supporters: it is never too late to unhitch your wagon from a dead horse. It's a far better look than continuing to flog it.

Edited by Greg Parker