The Education Forum

The Handwritten Letter Compared With The Typed One, Et Cetera

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Thomas,

This part has always confused me. It implies that his original visa was in a fake name. Has a visa ever turned up for Oswald in a fake name, and what was the name he used? Would he have had fake documents to prove who he said he was?

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Either that, or like the author says in the post that I started this thread off with: Maybe Oswald wrote the letter and cleverly threw that bit in to confuse the authorities. [paraphrased]

--  Tommy :sun

29 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

IMG_8255_resized-for-web-930x620.jpg

All Lee had to do was drop the letter in the mailbox which was mounted next to the front door and it would have been picked up by the mailman and postmarked on 11/12/63, no?

Could Ruth have just taken it out anytime before the pickup and copied the letter?

The original draft could then have been retrieved along with the other drafts on 11/22-11/23 and the story about how she made the copy developed?

As Ray pointed out, it wouldn't do for Ruth to be snooping through stuff is she were simply an innocent housewife.

Maybe he didn't put it in the mailbox because he was afraid Ruthie would find it.  LOL !

Edited by Thomas Graves

36 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Could Ruth have just taken it out anytime before the pickup and copied the letter?

The original draft could then have been retrieved along with the other drafts on 11/22-11/23 and the story about how she made the copy developed?

If Ruth had given a copy of the original typed letter to Hosty sometime between 11/12/63 and 11/22/63 (like a good informant would) then that would explain how Hosty claims to have known about it (the 11/22/63 Cable) on 11/22/63 before he went to the first Oswald interrogation.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=118886&relPageId=57

Edited by Chris Newton

12 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

If Ruth had given a copy of the original typed letter to Hosty sometime between 11/12/63 and 11/21/63 (like a good informant would) then that would explain how Hosty claims to have known about it (the 11/22/63 Cable) on 11/21/63 before he went to the first Oswald interrogation.

My main "problem" is that the handwriting, etc, looks like Oswald's to me.

Wouldn't if have been simpler for the bad guys to have routinely intercepted the typed letter (regardless of who typed it) and figure out some way to "hide it" from Hosty until it was too late for him to do anything?  

PS  A xeroxed copy? A neat, legible, handwritten "copy"?  I would expect nothing less from Ruth.

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

My main "problem" is that the handwriting, etc, looks like Oswald's to me.

Wouldn't if have been simpler for the bad guys to have routinely intercepted the typed letter (regardless of who typed it) and figure out some way to "hide it" from Hosty until it was too late for him to do anything?

Tommy,

It was mentioned earlier that another draft(s) was found among his possessions. Hosty probably wasn't aware of the CIA HTLINGUAL Operation. If he had a read a copy of the typed letter prior to 11/22/63 there would be no way for him to explain that.

9 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Tommy,

It was mentioned earlier that another draft(s) was found among his possessions. Hosty probably wasn't aware of the CIA HTLINGUAL Operation. If he had a read a copy of the typed letter prior to 11/22/63 there would be no way for him to explain that.

Marina claimed to have seen about ten handwritten drafts, iirc.

PS  Ten ???  If that's the case, then CE 103 must have been one of the very first ones, given all the cross-outs and "editing" it has.  Or, heaven forbid, was it the nearly-finished product?

LOL

Edited by Thomas Graves

4 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

If Ruth was an informant would that explain the "file boxes of subversives" that was removed from her house on 11/22 that subsequently morphed into personal correspondence and folk dancing records?

Would for me.  Which seem to have gone missing or something like that, iirc.

23 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

PS  Ten ???  If that's the case, then CE 103 must have been one of the very first ones, given all the cross-outs and "editing" it has.  Or, heaven forbid, was it the nearly-finished product?

I can't imagine that I'd misspell my wife and children's names 10 times (Marina's name misspelled 2 ways in the transcripts you posted earlier). Was Alzheimer's setting in?

2 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

I can't imagine that I'd misspell my wife and children's names 10 times (Marina's name misspelled 2 ways in the transcripts you posted earlier). Was Alzheimer's setting in?

Maybe he was perfecting his forgery techniques.

17 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

3 of the 6 (or 7?) were returned to her.

BTW, I wasn't referring to the drafts, but to Oswald's "file boxes of subversives" that seem to have disappeared when they were taken away by the DPD. 

PS  Oh, I see now.  They morphed.  Sorry.

Edited by Thomas Graves

paine_house.jpg

So why did Oswald leave his draft on the desk secretary in the living room if he typed it on the dining room table and his seabags with his notebooks were in the garage? The inside door to the garage is off the dining room.

Edited by Chris Newton

23 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

So why did Oswald leave his draft on the desk secretary in the living room if he typed it on the dining room table and his seabags with his notebooks were in the garage? The inside door to the garage is off the dining room.

Chris,

Beats the heck out of me.  

Some possibilities:

1 ) He wanted to throw it away but the wastebasket was already full.

2 )  He was wearing really tight pants that day and couldn't get it in his pocket.

3 )  He didn't want her to find it so, using reverse psychology, he left it where she "probably wouldn't notice it."

4 ) There was a good football game on TV and he totally spaced out, man.

5 ) He wanted to leave it where it would be easy for her to hide it.

6 ) He meant to leave the typed one there and mail the handwritten one.  To really confuse them.

Edited by Thomas Graves