The Education Forum

Who's more convincing, James Files or Christian David?

Steve - you started the thread on Sarti, and now posed this question. Am I right that Rivele bought into both stories?

I find it somewhat incredible that this forum has let the French Connection story die so easily. I’ll take it as a contrary indicator.

What former board members missed was the now better understood connection between OAS and CMC/Permindex. To sum up a few details, Clay Shaw was on the board of CMC, and a paid CIA informant. According to a Ramparts article published during the Garrison investigation, Gerhard Frey, editor of the Nazi newspaper National Zeitung, was likewise a member. It was this newspaper that Walker spoke with right after the assassination, which then published an article saying that Walker named Oswald as the same gunman who tried to kill him. Jean Souetre, leading member of OAS, met Banister in New Orleans, General Walker in Dallas, and E Howard Hunt (and possibly William Harvey) in Madrid where he resided. (Steve - would you post the picture of Oswald and Souetre?) know who else headquartered in Madrid? Otto Skorzeny. There is a video on YouTube of an interview with Otto in which he claims to have been hired by the US for his expertise in - possibly assassination. According to a Fensterwald FOIA request that Jason Ward excerpted on a Walker thread, Banister is said to have sent money to OAS (I think $200k) in 1962 via Paris through an emissary (Maurice Gatlin I think). As we know now, DeGaulle, the target of many assassination attempts by OAS, found out that CMC was funding OAS, and he pressured the Swiss government in 1964 to expel CMC headquarters in Geneva. The moved to South Africa. According to David Talbot, DeGaulle thought JFK was the target of the same group. 

And let’s not forget ZRRIFLE, QJWIN, WIROGUE. 

If we can’t look at the possibility that a right wing US cabal outsourced the assassins, and that the Dallas right took care of the details on the ground, what are we doing here? 

47 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Steve - you started the thread on Sarti, and now posed this question. Am I right that Rivele bought into both stories?

I find it somewhat incredible that this forum has let the French Connection story die so easily. I’ll take it as a contrary indicator.

What former board members missed was the now better understood connection between OAS and CMC/Permindex. To sum up a few details, Clay Shaw was on the board of CMC, and a paid CIA informant. According to a Ramparts article published during the Garrison investigation, Gerhard Frey, editor of the Nazi newspaper National Zeitung, was likewise a member. It was this newspaper that Walker spoke with right after the assassination, which then published an article saying that Walker named Oswald as the same gunman who tried to kill him. Jean Souetre, leading member of OAS, met Banister in New Orleans, General Walker in Dallas, and E Howard Hunt (and possibly William Harvey) in Madrid where he resided. (Steve - would you post the picture of Oswald and Souetre?) know who else headquartered in Madrid? Otto Skorzeny. There is a video on YouTube of an interview with Otto in which he claims to have been hired by the US for his expertise in - possibly assassination. According to a Fensterwald FOIA request that Jason Ward excerpted on a Walker thread, Banister is said to have sent money to OAS (I think $200k) in 1962 via Paris through an emissary (Maurice Gatlin I think). As we know now, DeGaulle, the target of many assassination attempts by OAS, found out that CMC was funding OAS, and he pressured the Swiss government in 1964 to expel CMC headquarters in Geneva. The moved to South Africa. According to David Talbot, DeGaulle thought JFK was the target of the same group. 

And let’s not forget ZRRIFLE, QJWIN, WIROGUE. 

If we can’t look at the possibility that a right wing US cabal outsourced the assassins, and that the Dallas right took care of the details on the ground, what are we doing here? 

Paul don't quit the forum.  This is deep stuff.  Banister gave OAS $200K in 62?  What's that worth today?  Then in the summer of 63 he gave Oswald a office in the building he worked out of with two different doors, addresses and stairs on different streets because of it's V shape.  Oswald was seen there, Sergio Archa Smith was seen there, Ferrie.  Oswald 544 Camp street stamped flyers purchased by the CIA a year before.  Bannister former disgruntled FBI agent.  Bill Harvey  former disgruntled FBI agent then stationed in Rome Italy with the CIA.  Mafia - Corsican.  Wonder if they ever met?  Probably not necessary.

Edited by Ron Bulman

David - but that doesn't prove he's truthful, just that, at worst, his information and myth-making are better than those of Files, who's so transparently fraudulent as to be a spectre of the truth.

"Mummy, Mummy, is that what the truth really looks like?"

"Hush, darling - that's just the ghost of the truth.  It can't hurt you."

Edited by David Andrews

12 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Wouldn't it have been interesting to sit these two down in the same room and have them swap war stories?

Wonder how that would have turned out.

Steve Thomas

Mostly I was was thinking about the idea that you've got a guy or two groups of guys saying, "I was up on the grassy knoll behind the fence".

And one guys says, "I was there", and the other guys says, "No you weren't. I was."

"Were not". "Was so." "Were not." "Was so."

We can debate all we want, but it would have been interesting to sit them both down in the same room and have them look each other in the eye.

I wonder what would have come out of that.

As for myself, I don't believe Files for two reasons:

1) I worked in public service all my life and I learned not to trust somebody who talks too much and too fast. 99 times out of a hundred, they're trying to pull a fast one.

2) Both Lee Bowers and Ed Hoffman talk about seeing a couple of guys together up there. If Files says he was up there alone, I discount that.

Steve Thomas