The Education Forum

What is the limo driver doing?

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

I read somewhere it was in reach of the rear passengers.

Thank you.

So we can loop Jackie back in as a suspect, correct?

Sorry. Joke. Bad joke.

7 minutes ago, George Govus said:

Thank you.

So we can loop Jackie back in as a suspect, correct?

Sorry. Joke. Bad joke.

Years ago we heard that Jackie shot from a gun hidden in her purse.  Then we heard that Greer turned around and shot him. Then we had the spinning umbrella gun and swamp people shooting from the drain hole. I can't understand why Nellie escaped scrutiny ;)

2 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Years ago we heard that Jackie shot from a gun hidden in her purse.  Then we heard that Greer turned around and shot him. Then we had the spinning umbrella gun and swamp people shooting from the drain hole. I can't understand why Nellie escaped scrutiny

Yes, and as I understand it, the Secret Service man in the Queen Mary drilled him, too.

More fodder for my series, Killing Kennedy Komix, which you all may be relieved to know hasn't even gotten to my drawing board, yet.

I like this theory geometrically, but why have I seen no testimony that a bullet hit the windshield at the time of throat shot? The most likely evidence would come from Connally as he was in a perfect spot to hear a bullet hit the windscreen and perhaps whistling past his ear? The front passenger and driver also show no reaction and don't react by getting the car out of line. You could argue they were in on it, but its Connally's failure to register this at the right time I need an explanation for.

50 minutes ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

I like this theory geometrically, but why have I seen no testimony that a bullet hit the windshield at the time of throat shot? The most likely evidence would come from Connally as he was in a perfect spot to hear a bullet hit the windscreen and perhaps whistling past his ear? The front passenger and driver also show no reaction and don't react by getting the car out of line. You could argue they were in on it, but its Connally's failure to register this at the right time I need an explanation for.

Hi Eddy, 

There is some stuff on other threads regarding the windshield hole and a youtube video outlining that at least one of the SS men in the front was very aware that a bullet had passed through the windshield. The source is a friend of the SS man, so it’s not directly from the horses mouth but, that’s never going to happen. 

Doesn’t Connelly glance round immediately after the throat shot? I guess there is plenty of conjecture around what Connelly did or didn’t know.  It may seem a bit insidious to suggest he may have been in on it but, is it that much of a stretch? We view him as a victim, he is lucky to be alive. One thing is for sure, he’d have preferred to have been sat with LBJ in the follow up car, while Yarborough was taking lead. 

The order of procession in the motorcade was deviant. Presidential limo moved forward, and press backward. Chris, I can't forget what Connally was said to have said. "My God, they're going to kill us all!"

6 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

A regular 22 bullet almost replicates the above scenario in this video. Watch till the end and you will see it penetrate the windshield, penetrate a headrest and smash into the rear window.

Tony,

I think this is one of the many Youtube videos about guns that are not quite accurate.  I don't know why these people try to fool the public.  There's too many gun nuts out here for this to fly.  The author of this video is probably  a crank!   He shows a normal size .22 round in his hand.  Some of the new .22 ammunition is quite powerful.  I still can't believe that a .22 round could travel a mile and a half.  

But, capturing a frame from this video shows that this person's weapon may not be a .22 round rifle, but a .223 caliber or a 5.6 mm AR-15 round.  Check out the magazine in this frame of the rifle he is shooting.  It is much larger than a .22 round magazine.  It can only be a .223 or 5.6 mm round.  Technically he is correct.  He is shooting a 22 caliber round.  But, very misleading.

22-round-through-a-windshield-maybe-a.jp

Edited by John Butler

13 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Tony,

I think this is one of the many Youtube videos about guns that are not quite accurate

I was actually looking for proof that a regular 22 would not have enough power, and whether or not the video is fake, the bullet was not up to the task.

1 hour ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

I like this theory geometrically, but why have I seen no testimony that a bullet hit the windshield at the time of throat shot?

The two closest witnesses, Kellerman and Greer, in testimony, state they had no idea the windshield was damaged that day. Kellerman I believe, Greer not so much. At the time of this shot, a loud firecracker noise was heard and as you know, everyone was looking in different directions. 

I would suspect there would have been tiny glass particles that flew with the slug, possibly striking the face of the target. 

27 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

I was actually looking for proof that a regular 22 would not have enough power, and whether or not the video is fake, the bullet was not up to the task.

It is not a .22 round.  I later blew up a frame showing the round in  slow motion.  You can take this as indirect proof that a .22 will not penetrate a windshield since a .223 did not do a very good job.  And, also a question on the James Files story of him using a .223 weapon on the Grassy Knoll to shoot the president.  If you accept the Kennedy head wound as a round striking his right temple about at the right ear and exiting the back of the head at the occipital region then Files would have had to shoot from the front through the windshield.  After striking the windshield and penetrating the round in the video didn't do much else. 

The guy in the video shows you where glass penetrates the head rest, but claims while looking at the back of the head rest that a .22 round passed through.

I like your idea of you questioning what type of round could penetrate a windshield.  I believe a round traveling at approx- 2000 feet per second could do the job.  Even the new high power .22 rounds only go to about 1400 feet per second.   Here is an example of AK-47 rounds penetrating the windshield and some glancing off.  If my memory still serves the AK-47 round traveled at about 2000 feet per second.  Which is also the speed of a Carcano round.  That type of round is also capable of penetrating metal.

There were 3 GIs in the cab.  How the man in the middle survived is beyond me.

korean-truck-ambush-easter-1968.jpg 

Edited by John Butler