The Education Forum

Project for AV/Animated GIF experts

Hi all,

Several years ago David Wimp created a gif, which is available in places online, where he zeroes in on each of the limo occupants (Jackie, JFK, JBC, Kellerman) and shows how, from 308 to 320 or so, all of them appear to move forward. In light of this recent article that purports to support a frontal shot, but which ignores issues involving blurring and other movement in the limo, I think this needs to be redone and improved. We have very high quality, deblurred and stablized versions of the Z-film from Dr. John Costella. Plus the Wimp animations were, if anything, too fast.  They need to be slowed down even more.  I am envisioning something similar to what he did:  a 4 quadrant closeup of each occupant simultaneously captured from 308 to 320.  Could someone put that together, but again, using the Costella frames and slowing it down even more?

Regards,

Stu 

I did that once myself... If you have a .mov file you can move back and forth and see what appears to be Greer braking and all but JFK moving forward as a result.

I found this....

Edited by David Josephs

She just moves a bit forward cause of her being perpendicular from the waist up... Plus, a number of FRAMES are missing here which would make the motion even more pronounced...

Here is the best they could do covering the hole... When blacks get crushed, they don't form a square... As can be seen by Jackie's hair

2067046897_z323BOHBlacksquarewithz314blckout.thumb.jpg.a62a0255e9fc37ad519349610420c4d4.jpg

On 5/6/2018 at 11:10 AM, Robert Harper said:

If this image could appear across America, the way Palin's goofs, Weinsteins pants, & Monica's dress did, maybe we'd have some hope. Maybe.

I'm waiting like everyone, for the Hollywood 8 version of this frame.... It's said the black square literally hovers over the image in stereoscope.  But here is a comparison... I crushed out the frame.... Nothing looks like that square... Even the deep blacks behind Greer.

Edited by David Josephs

i understand the Hollywood 8 version will not be made publicly available though others may have more info.

CAPA is working on a project to collect ground-based and aerial laser measurements of the Plaza and to produce essentially a 3D-Z film that will be able to view from any perspective in the plaza.