The Education Forum

The Kennedys and Civil Rights: How the MSM Continues to Distort History

Not to detract from the threads focus on Kennedys and Civil Rights itself or the article itself but I came across an interesting aside.  In relation to another thread Ed Butler got me to thinking of Guy Bannister (neglected VIP) and I was re reading about him for the first time in years in Destiny Betrayed.  I'd forgotten that in his extensive files he had one on JFK and Civil Rights.  That would have been an interesting read.  Most likely deep sixed years ago. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is for sure. Banister probably hated JFK for that issue.  Banister was part of the state Sovereignty Committee.  Those nutty states rights groups who wanted segregation forever.  And he thought the civil rights groups were commie fronts and ridiculed JFK for being friendly with them. Hanging out with George Lincoln Rockwell.

Any BTW, Delphine Roberts was as rightwing as Banister was. She picketed catholic churches for desegregating their schools.

For people today its hard to understand just how radioactive the integration issue was back then.  But I am old enough to remember those things since they were televised since they made such dramatic visual images. For instance, I will never forget the face-off at Alabama between Wallace and Katzenbach.

After doing the research I am now convinced that the reason Wallace eventually stood aside was he knew that if he resisted Kennedy's order, the judge was ready to jail him for obstruction of justice.  The judges on that Fifth Circuit were the real hidden heroes of the whole struggle in the south .  Bobby Kennedy knew he could count on them in the end.

Radioactive is right. 

The issue of segregationists hate toward JFK/RFK was a true time bomb.

Wouldn't be a surprise at all to find out Joseph Milteer and Guy Bannister knew and occasionally interacted with each other.

Just to let those who think talk of MSM's decades long efforts at tainting JFK's image is paranoid conspiracy poppycock ... another JFK " dark secret " sex scandal article is on AOL's national news site today.

Second one in a week.  Seriously, that's dozens of JFK image bashing pieces over the last few years.

Can't we ever read about LBJ's numerous Lady Bird disrespecting sex affair/mistresses scandals for decades and which even produced offspring including one Steven Johnson ? A son who was treated horrifically bad ( maybe even murderously? ) by LBJ's first family survivors and/or their protectors when he dared to ask for recognition and maybe a little share of his deceased father's estate?

Or how about LBJ's long time and deeply corrupt dealings with Bobby Baker and Billy Sol Estes and probably an encyclopedia sized list of others?

Or his radio and television advertising pay off scheme or his election fraud or his incredible manipulation of his younger protege Malcolm Wallace's murder conviction sentence to instant freedom, and on and on and on?

How about LBJ'S long term, closer-than-close, politically incestuous relationship with J.Edgar Hoover ( LBJ's recorded words to J.Edgar ..."we can talk like brothers") which one can imagine included covering each other's backsides or undermining their mutual enemies through their years of brotherly love.

LBJ's deep life long corruptness and moral depravities make JFK look like a boy scout, yet ever since the 1960's, the difference in numbers of extremely negative image articles, books and commentaries given national exposure about these two former presidents is so wide ( hundreds tainting JFK to hardly any reporting the true dark side of LBJ )  that one would have to be mentally challenged to not see and acknowledge this imbalance reality and consider it's illogical implementation with at least some suspicion.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I did notice that AOL article, which was not as bad as the first one.

I mean, why not talk about something genuine like what he did with civil rights?   I mean if i could do this why couldn't some reporter at AOL have done it?

Or how about his showdown with the steel companies? Or the Missile Crisis?  Or the American University speech?

This is what I mean about this cottage industry and how effective it has become.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Radioactive is right. 

The issue of segregationists hate toward JFK/RFK was a true time bomb.

Wouldn't be a surprise at all to find out Joseph Milteer and Guy Bannister knew and occasionally interacted with each other.

Just to let those who think talk of MSM's decades long efforts at tainting JFK's image is paranoid conspiracy poppycock ... another JFK " dark secret " sex scandal article is on AOL's national news site today.

Second one in a week.  Seriously, that's dozens of JFK image bashing pieces over the last few years.

Can't we ever read about LBJ's numerous Lady Bird disrespecting sex affair/mistresses scandals for decades and which even produced offspring including one Steven Johnson ? A son who was treated horrifically bad ( maybe even murderously? ) by LBJ's first family survivors and/or their protectors when he dared to ask for recognition and maybe a little share of his deceased father's estate?

Or how about LBJ's long time and deeply corrupt dealings with Bobby Baker and Billy Sol Estes and probably an encyclopedia sized list of others?

Or his radio and television advertising pay off scheme or his election fraud or his incredible manipulation of his younger protege Malcolm Wallace's murder conviction sentence to instant freedom, and on and on and on?

How about LBJ'S long term, closer-than-close, politically incestuous relationship with J.Edgar Hoover ( LBJ's recorded words to J.Edgar ..."we can talk like brothers") which one can imagine included covering each other's backsides or undermining their mutual enemies through their years of brotherly love.

LBJ's deep life long corruptness and moral depravities make JFK look like a boy scout, yet ever since the 1960's, the difference in numbers of extremely negative image articles, books and commentaries given national exposure about these two former presidents is so wide ( hundreds tainting JFK to hardly any reporting the true dark side of LBJ )  that one would have to be mentally challenged to not see and acknowledge this imbalance reality and consider it's illogical implementation with at least some suspicion.

And the Caligula-esque murder of LBJ's sister... 😮

Excellent point about the dramatic difference between the JFK and LBJ PR in our mainstream media during the past half century.

And the guy who ushered Medicare through Congress is only commemorated in the MSM by stories about the Chappaquiddick accident.

I was trying to find a full length 50 minute version that I could share with those of you who really are interested in Jim's topic of Kennedy with Civil Rights. but I've been having problems finding it. It stars no less than JFK, RFK, Nicholas Katzenbach and George Wallace, and I'm sure the Kennedy family would greatly approve, as they let the cameras film it live. It's the story behind the story. It is a historical document showing how politicians try to work out these situations in advance behind the scenes, and then the inevitable showdown..
I saw it when it first came out  30 years ago, because I was also interested in the Kennedy's and Civil Rights era.

And where did I see it? In the  MSM, PBS. You've heard of them? It was a 1988 episode of the 'American Experience" entitled  "Kennedy vs. Wallace, A Crisis Up Close" ..And it goes specifically into the admission of black students into the University of Alabama highlighting phone calls of no less JFK and RFK to George Wallace! I suppose people on the other side see it as a MSM conspiracy as well. But I think it's great, and I think Jim, even you'd love it.
Actually PBS may be have drank the Kool Aid for whatever reason on the JFKA, but their coverage of the Kennedy's lives over years has been largely favorable. Believe it or not! I would bet you could see it in it's entirety if you log on to the PBS site. Recordings don't lie. It's really worth seeing.

And for more of the story behind the story, we have a half hour series of the phone calls between JFK and RFK with Mississippi Govenor Ross Barnett stalling during the University of Mississippi crisis in Sept. and Oct. 1962 in a piece I found on Youtube contributed by  DVP. Thanks Dave!

That film is called Crisis.

It was made back in the sixties by the cinema verite film maker Charles Drew.  

If you want to see the revised approach to JFK and his career, you should have seen the Robert Dallek based two hour special at the fiftieth. A real stinker.

I look at this as PBS being hard up because of all the cut backs by the GOP and having to go to private foundations.  It was the same thing I found in the Burns' ten parter on Vietnam. Which somehow could not mention NSAM 263.