The Education Forum

Mark Crouch dead?

So he'd of been 27.  Three years after the HSCA.  The year Lifton published Best Evidence.  Makes sense.  Never read about Fox leaking, any link or info on that?   

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

So he'd of been 27.  Three years after the HSCA.  The year Lifton published Best Evidence.  Makes sense.  Never read about Fox leaking, any link or info on that?   

From Best Evidence, 1992 signet edition afterward:

In 1981, I received a letter from Maryland radio journalist Mark Crouch saying he knew someone who had a set of the autopsy photographs, the same photographs that were at the National Archives. He subsequently introduced me to James K. (“Jack’’) Fox, formerly a photographer with the Intelligence Division of the U.S. Secret Service. Documents from the House Assassinations Committee establish that Fox was one of a few officials who had access to the photographs. On three occasions, he supervised their processing. According to Fox, shortly after the assassination he was told by Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman: “Here, make a set of these for yourself. They’ll be history someday.” Fox showed me the pictures he had, and later I was able to obtain a set.

My understanding is that Fox was selling these pics of the autopsy.  He sold them to Crouch.  

Lifton bought them from either Crouch or Fox. 

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I knew Mark--not real well, but we spoke a few times. He was a former associate of David Lifton who then sided with Harry Livingstone. Mark was very much into the autopsy photos.

Mark Crouch is the reason why we have the Fox photos, right?

On 4/30/2019 at 8:29 AM, James DiEugenio said:

My understanding is that Fox was selling these pics of the autopsy.  He sold them to Crouch.  

Lifton bought them from either Crouch or Fox. 

Yes, that's Mark. RIP. There used to be a video of him on YouTube in which he ran through the Fox set one by one in which he made a lot more sense than most people when they talk about the photos. 

Mark got the photos from Fox. It is my recollection Fox was a WWII-buff, and Crouch traded him some rare WWII material to Fox in exchange for the photos. It is also my understanding that Lifton did not buy the photos from Crouch, but that Crouch made Lifton copies--photos of the original photos. He later made other sets and sold them to other researchers. I am fairly certain the original Fox set was ultimately sold to Walt Brown, who, in the long tradition of JFK researchers, decided to tuck them away in his personal treasure chest. He published some of them in one of his books, but in low resolution and with captions on the photos. To my understanding, he has never had these superior images digitized, and I'm pretty sure he's never even been pressured to do so by the likes of Wecht or Aguilar. It makes no sense to me. As a result most researchers have been forced to work with scans from Lifton's and Groden's books, some of which have been cropped. it took me several years to realize there was a drainage hole in F8, and that that was the key to orienting that photo, and that's because the drainage hole was cropped off most of the published photos. And then of course there's the other F8, which Crouch had long recognized as the other half of a matched pair with F8, but which I'd stupidly thought was the same photo, only developed differently. Until I created a Gif of these two photos and put it on my website, most didn't even realize we had the other F8, even though it had been in the Crouch set sold to dozens of researchers. 

Secrecy, hoarding, hoping to get rich... It's pretty standard JFK "researcher" behavior. Which is why those who dedicated themselves to sharing information--Mary Ferrell, Harold Weisberg--remain heroes. 

Edited by Pat Speer

26 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Yes, that's Mark. RIP. There used to be a video of him on YouTube in which he ran through the Fox set one by one in which he made a lot more sense than most people when they talk about the photos. 

Mark got the photos from Fox. It is my recollection Fox was a WWII-buff, and Crouch traded him some rare WWII material to Fox in exchange for the photos. It is also my understanding that Lifton did not buy the photos from Crouch, but that Crouch made Lifton copies--photos of the original photos. He later made other sets and sold them to other researchers. I am fairly certain the original Fox set was ultimately sold to Walt Brown, who, in the long tradition of JFK researchers, decided to tuck them away in his personal treasure chest. He published some of them in one of his books, but in low resolution and with captions on the photos. To my understanding, he has never had these superior images digitized, and I'm pretty sure he's never even been pressured to do so by the likes of Wecht or Aguilar. It makes no sense to me. As a result most researchers have been forced to work with scans from Lifton's and Groden's books, some of which have been cropped. it took me several years to realize there was a drainage hole in F8, and that that was the key to orienting that photo, and that's because the drainage hole was cropped off most of the published photos. And then of course there's the other F8, which Crouch had long recognized as the other half of a matched pair with F8, but which I'd stupidly thought was the same photo, only developed differently. Until I created a Gif of these two photos and put it on my website, most didn't even realize we had the other F8, even though it had been in the Croft set sold to dozens of researchers. 

Secrecy, hoarding, hoping to get rich... It's pretty standard JFK "researcher" behavior. Which is why those who dedicated themselves to sharing information--Mary Ferrell, Harold Weisberg--remain heroes. 

You can see the video on my channel: search for "Crouch" or

RARE: JFK Autopsy Photographs with Mark Crouch and Harry Livingstone 1991

Edited by Vince Palamara
link not allowed

• 1 year later...