The Education Forum

Destiny Betrayed, Revisited

I was over at https://kennedysandking.com/ the other day and came across thishttps://kennedysandking.com/videos-and-interviews/jim-dieugenio-s-25-part-series-on-destiny-betrayed-with-dave-emory

I read the 2nd edition of Destiny Betrayed within a year after it came out in 2012, but not since.  It's pages are tagged, highlighted and underlined.  I read the first edition a few years before that.  I thought this would be a good way to refresh my memory and get Jim's updated thought's on it.  Then I saw, 25 episodes, and discovered each was an hour long.  Over a day's worth of listening.  I was a bit daunted.  I probably spent more time than that reading it previously.  

Listened to the first episode last night.   I'd read some about the Congo but was not really familiar with Sukarno and Indonesia.  Of Guillon in 1951 in Vietnam he mentions him telling JFK "France will never win this war". … "This is not about Communism. It's about the desire of these people to be freed of Colonialism".   Then as a senator in 1956 JFK says "these guy's would rather die than go back under the yolk of Colonialism".  Not what the power elite wanted to hear.

These episodes go well with house cleaning, folding clothes etc.  As well as relaxing and just listening.

I've noticed Jim hasn't posted here in well over a week.  I know he didn't for a few days a couple of months ago over a health issue.  Hope he's well and just busy or something. 

• Ron Bulman changed the title to Destiny Betrayed, Revisited

I'll second the thought that I hope all is well with Jim. 

And now I'm curious about the interviews.  I have only recently started listening to things like this online.  I prefer to read than to listen, but I've had good success with a few other links posted on this forum.  I'll have to give it a go.  Thanks for the suggestion!

I am up to Episode 12! (Should we have a leaderboard, as in PGA tournaments?😃)

Seriously, I agree with Ron. While much of Jim's material is generally familiar to serious students, there are many details and nuances that are well worth the time. 

(A minor quibble: John Newman has persuaded me that the "Maurice Bishop" story as related by Antonio Veciana almost certainly did not apply to David Atlee Phillips in 1959. Newman's recent work on that is powerful, and certainly calls into question the post-Gaeton Fonzi identification by Veciana of Phillips as "Maurice Bishop". For Newman's reasoning, see the link below. I believe Jim DiEugenio was present during this presentation from the spring of 2018, so I would love to hear Jim respond about why he rejected Newman's claim!)

But, all in all, Jim's interview with Dave Emory is highly recommended.

I have caught many of Dave Emory's Destiny Betrayed interviews of Jim Di on KKUP radio out of Cupertino, Ca.

These are one hour broadcasts on Monday night.

Through this not too long yet still informative format you really get the broader JFK political historical record which enhances your understanding of the context of everything leading up to 11,22,1963 and even beyond.

The interviews are relaxed, casual and entertaining.

I especially enjoy Jim Di's sharing on Jim Garrison and Garrison's investigation and many of the less reported findings in this which are often extremely interesting in revealing how much more Garrison truly knew in his honorable quest for the truth.

Edited by Joe Bauer

22 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I was over at https://kennedysandking.com/ the other day and came across thishttps://kennedysandking.com/videos-and-interviews/jim-dieugenio-s-25-part-series-on-destiny-betrayed-with-dave-emory

I read the 2nd edition of Destiny Betrayed within a year after it came out in 2012, but not since.  It's pages are tagged, highlighted and underlined.  I read the first edition a few years before that.  I thought this would be a good way to refresh my memory and get Jim's updated thought's on it.  Then I saw, 25 episodes, and discovered each was an hour long.  Over a day's worth of listening.  I was a bit daunted.  I probably spent more time than that reading it previously.  

Listened to the first episode last night.   I'd read some about the Congo but was not really familiar with Sukarno and Indonesia.  Of Guillon in 1951 in Vietnam he mentions him telling JFK "France will never win this war". … "This is not about Communism. It's about the desire of these people to be freed of Colonialism".   Then as a senator in 1956 JFK says "these guy's would rather die than go back under the yolk of Colonialism".  Not what the power elite wanted to hear.

These episodes go well with house cleaning, folding clothes etc.  As well as relaxing and just listening.

I've noticed Jim hasn't posted here in well over a week.  I know he didn't for a few days a couple of months ago over a health issue.  Hope he's well and just busy or something. 

Thanks for posting this. I had the 1st 5 or 6 episodes on my podcast app when they came out but newer episodes never uploaded. Got a lot of catching up to do

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I have caught many of Dave Emory's Destiny Betrayed interviews of Jim Di on KKUP radio out of Cupertino. Ca.

These are one hour broadcasts on Monday night.

Through this not too long yet still informative format you really get the broader JFK political historical record which enhances your understanding of the context of everything leading up to 11,22,1963 and even beyond.

The interviews are relaxed, casual and entertaining.

I especially enjoy Jim Di's sharing on Jim Garrison, Garrison's investigation and many of the less reported findings in this which are often extremely interesting in revealing how much more Garrison truly knew in his honorable quest for the truth.

I recommend listening to the Night Fright episodes that have Jim on as a guest. There are a few of them and all are excellent. It’s a radio show out of Canada that deals with a lot of subjects but a lot of episodes about the assassinations of the 60s. The guests are always top notch and very entertaining. Episodes are on YouTube and most podcast apps.

Ron,

I've also been going through this great selection of interviews. Glad that you are bringing some attention to this fine project. For those who haven't spotted it yet, this is an amazing collection of 25 one-hour interviews with Jim all focused on the ideas set forth in Destiny Betrayed. A great way to revisit the book and to learn how more recent revelations fit into the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Rob Couteau

On 6/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Joe Bauer said:

I especially enjoy Jim Di's sharing on Jim Garrison and Garrison's investigation and many of the less reported findings in this which are often extremely interesting in revealing how much more Garrison truly knew in his honorable quest for the truth.

Joe,

I don't have the luxury of time to listen to or watch much of anything these days. Would you mind elaborating as to what those less reported findings are/were, and what more Garrison knew?

Thank you