The Education Forum

New film for those interested.

Cory Santos

Looks interesting.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Here we go again. I think the JFK assassination truth is being hijacked by Trumpers.

If JFK is going to be used as poster boy for deep state animus, why doesn't Trump meet his legend halfway and give us socialized medicine?

I mean, what has Trump done to anger the deep state except be a non-politician who won and then broke some rules about colluding with foreign governments?  Skew the angle on that picture a little, and he's...George W. Bush.

Edited by David Andrews

57 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

If JFK is going to be used as poster boy for deep state animus, why doesn't Trump meet his legend halfway and give us socialized medicine?

I mean, what has Trump done to anger the deep state except be a non-politician who won and then broke some rules about colluding with foreign governments?  Skew the angle on that picture a little, and he's...George W. Bush.

This looks like something produced by the guys who produced the 2016 GOP propaganda classic, Thirteen Hours, based on a false narrative about Benghazi.

It will be interesting to see how they explain the inconvenient truth that Deep State honchos like James Comey and Giuliani's FBI Email-gate "leakers" threw the 2016 election to Donald Trump.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This looks like something produced by the guys who produced the 2016 GOP propaganda classic, Thirteen Hours, based on a false narrative about Benghazi.

It will be interesting to see how they explain the inconvenient truth that Deep State honchos like James Comey and Giuliani's FBI Email-gate "leakers" threw the 2016 election to Donald Trump.

That’s it exactly. They love to forget what Comey did, and the part Giuliani played leading to Comey’s devastating reopening of the Clinton email case. No amount of fudging numbers and minutes of airtime will change that. 

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Exactly Dave,

pro MIC, pro tax cuts to the wealthy........a  little noise...eh........feels good!

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Exactly Dave,

pro MIC, pro tax cuts to the wealthy........a  little noise...eh........feels good!

And when you factor in election theft, and no recognition of Congress...he's just Dubya with a bigger mouth, and the unwillingness to stoop to holding prior office to create a whiff of party loyalty.

That last thing is probably Trump's original sin: a major party bought into him to get to the White House when they could have forced him to run as an independent and lose.  They had no viable candidate, and now they have buyer's remorse.  So blame it on the deep state, which includes the other party without a viable candidate.

Cripes, the GOP doesn't even have a credible vice-president to replace him with.

Edited by David Andrews

This is what I like.  Movie reviews from people who have not seen the film.

What does that mean?

I not only saw the film, I read the book it was based on.

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is what I like.  Movie reviews from people who have not seen the film.

Agree.  Sometimes watching film of viewpoints which are not your own opens ones mind to other possibilities.  When JFK was released the reviews ranged credible to some that downright misstated what was actually in the film.  Conspiracists were up in arms by some of the mainstream reviewers who did not even view the film yet criticized it.  Now, all these years later, the roles are reversed.  See it or don't see it.  If you don't see it you cannot critique it.  It is no differant than when I ask  wc supporter did they read a book or see a documentary and they say no.  Then how can they say there is no evidence supporting a conspiracy if they will not look at it? They cannot.  To go through life with anti-Trump or anti-Republican, or Democrat for that matter, blinders on is not being open minded.

Who is Bernie Olaf?  And what is the Stasson Group-- a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries ?

My initial skepticism about the film, based on the lead article on this thread, is that it seems to mirror the Trumpaganda blaming the "Deep State" for Trump's Russia-gate and Ukraine-gate scandals.

In that sense, it sounds like another pre-election propaganda film based on fake GOP "history" -- like the Thirteen Hours propaganda film about Benghazi from 2016.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Who is Bernie Olaf?  And what is the Stasson Group-- a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries ?

My initial skepticism about the film, based on the lead article on this thread, is that it seems to mirror the Trumpaganda blaming the "Deep State" for Trump's Russia-gate and Ukraine-gate scandals.

In that sense, it sounds like another pre-election propaganda film based on fake GOP "history" -- like the Thirteen Hours propaganda film about Benghazi from 2016.

Ok replace the above with "Oliver Stone conspiracy nonsense propaganda" that someone might write about.  You cannot have it only one way.

Edited by Cory Santos