The Education Forum

Jim Lehrer, another xxxx about the assassination

On 1/25/2020 at 2:04 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Is the withdrawal of Between the Signal and the Noise by Rahn because of Roger's death and the attempt to establish an estate, or because of a legal threat by Lifton? I don't see how it could be the latter.

In searching for the book, I did read that DL threatened suit against URI, which hosted the pages linked to in your article.  Then they appeared at the personal site kenrahm.com.  It's a little difficult to get to them there, as per the posts above - but that's an internet issue affecting multiple links on the site.  Still, one won't find it anywhere else after this...perhaps indefinitely.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacNeil was actually in Dealey Plaza just after the shots were fired.

He was in the press bus. He jumped out and ran up the Grassy Knoll

to the railroad bridge along with others. He then went to the TSBD

where he asked a young man outside directions to a telephone. It later

came out that the young man might have been Oswald. MacNeil then went to Parkland. Lehrer was

not in Dealey Plaza, and he wasn't as smart as MacNeil, who also seemed less corrupt.

And MacNeil was Canadian. In this photo, MacNeil is the blond man toward the left, turning his head back.

Another later prominent Canadian newsman, Peter Jennings, was in Dallas that weekend. Jennings changed

his citizenship to become an American citizen shortly after 9/11 under pressure and then made one of the worst

pro-WC documentaries.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-30-at-5.48.50-PM.png

Edited by Joseph McBride

On 1/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, James DiEugenio said:

They are making a movie about this--11/22/63 news coverage-- with Chris Pine called Newsflash.  Pine is playing Cronkite.  They bill it at as the day that TV news came of age.

I have had to watch that same day news coverage while working on this documentary for Oliver Stone.  I would say it is the contrary.  Its the day the networks showed all of its weaknesses and utter mediocrity.  All these guys did was follow the story. In other words, they tagged along  as it progressed.  At times--like with NBC-- they did not even have a remote pick up.  They had to rely on telephones.  In other words, you would have Chet Huntley in studio in New York, on a call to some reporter in Dallas.  And he would be literally repeating what the guy on the line said to him to his audience.  Evidently, NBC needed more time to send a reporter to the scene with a camera man.

This was what was the news coverage.  People in a studio saying, the president is now at Parkland Hospital.  He is in an emergency room.  Doctors are working on him.  He has now been pronounced dead.  

But then, comes something really important.  Huntley says, Dr. George Burkley says that Kennedy was killed with a shot into the right temple.  Kind of important detail right.  Especially since later, when Oswald is apprehended, he says I was arrested because I work in that building, the TSBD.  Yet, Huntley does not say, "Well wait a minute.  How could Oswald shoot Kennedy through the right temple if he was in the building behind him?"

Same thing with the Perry/Clark press conference.  Perry says the neck shot came from in front.  Three times he said it.  Clark says there was a large gaping wound in the rear of Kennedy skull.  But still, none of the network guys asks that question.  And this is called "coming of age"?

Barbie Zeilizer wrote a book about this called Covering the Body.  She details the first day coverage and subtly points out how the bid media missed the real story that was right in front of them. And I should add, by doing this, they showed why a well designed conspiracy could make them look like fools. 

PS . Link to Feinman's booklet http://www.kenrahn.com/JFK/The_critics/Feinman/Feinmanbio.html 

Huntley was probably drunk the whole time. I understand that was mostly the case with him.

9 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Screen-Shot-2015-01-30-at-5.48.50-PM.png

MacNeil is turned to look at Jack Ruby walking up. "Hey, Jack, what's going on?"

Edited by Ron Ecker

16 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

MacNeil is turned to look at Jack Ruby walking up. "Hey, Jack, what's going on?"

So that's Jack by the tree, in the white socks.  They do seem to be looking at each other.