The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Cheers to congresswoman Spartz.  I don't agree with her "two wrongs don't make a right" analogy.  But I do with her current analysis of a charade.  

Greene's endorsing the execution of prominent members of congress is basically encouraging some nut to do so. A threat that should be taken seriously.  Taking her off committees is mild, censure or expulsion would have been more appropriate.  Same thing with Gosar.  Posting a video of yourself killing another member of congress is sick and also dangerous encouragement.

Stripping Schiff, Swalwell, and Omar is being done out of spite.

'I will not be part of this charade': McCarthy bleeding votes to boot Democrats off committees (msn.com)

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

28 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Cheers to congresswoman Spartz.  I don't agree with her "two wrongs don't make a right" analogy.  But I do with her current analysis of a charade.  

Greene's endorsing the execution of prominent members of congress is basically encouraging some nut to do so. A threat that should be taken seriously.  Taking her off committees is mild, censure or expulsion would have been more appropriate.  Same thing with Gosar.  Posting a video of yourself killing another member of congress is sick and also dangerous encouragement.

Stripping Schiff, Swalwell, and Omar is being done out of spite.

'I will not be part of this charade': McCarthy bleeding votes to boot Democrats off committees (msn.com)

Ron,

Removing a statesman like Schiff, in particular, is a travesty.

Non sequitur.  I finally fled the snow and ice in Denver and came to Texas this week to visit my in-laws.

Now it's snowing in Texas.   WTF?  🤥

Edited by W. Niederhut

Unauthorized removal and destruction of classified material[edit]

250px-National_Archives.jpg

The National Archives building in Washington, D.C.

On July 19, 2004, it was revealed that the United States Department of Justice was investigating Sandy Berger for unauthorized removal of classified documents in October 2003 from a National Archives reading room prior to testifying before the 9/11 Commission. The documents were five classified copies of a single report commissioned from Richard Clarke covering internal assessments of the Clinton Administration's handling of the unsuccessful 2000 millennium attack plots. An associate of Berger said Berger took one copy in September 2003 and four copies in October 2003, allegedly by stuffing the documents into his socks and pants.[20][21] Berger subsequently lied to investigators when questioned about the removal of the documents.[22]

Berger was fined $50,000,[24] sentenced to serve two years of probation and 100 hours of community service, and stripped of his security clearance for three years.

---30---

Berger was National Security Adviser during the Clinton Administration. Architect of the Clinton foreign policy. 

But of a chuckle herein. Berger knowingly and covertly steals classified documents...and has his security clearance stripped...for only three years? 

I do like the idea of Trump, Biden and Pence doing community service. Cleaning bed pans at an old age home, something like that. A $50k fine is probably pocket money for that crowd. 

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Non sequitur.  I finally fled the snow and ice in Denver and came to Texas this week to visit my in-laws.

Should have brought your ski's!  I live about 20 miles from Chalk Mountain.  With runs, a lift and lots of Snow it would make a decent ski hill.  Like those in Wisconsin.  I did ski down the dam on Grapevine lake in the 70's.  On water skis, with the fins removed, wired to my hunting boots with coat hangers, broom sticks for poles.  Twice.  It was quite a hike back up carrying the ski's, in the boots.  No, I was not inebriated. 

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Schiff for president?  Schiff/Kinzinger ticket 2024?  Ha, ha, ha.  Will never happen, I know.  But might it win?

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That Biden plagiarized in some speeches 35 years ago has no effect on my assessment of his character. Other than telling me that he's the type of guy who corrects his mistake. Which is yet another feather in his cap.

You think leopards usually change their spots? Would you accept that if Trump said he has turned the corner and stopped lying that he might be a good guy again? 

It sits outside of the realms of “class act”, for me. As do beaming smiles when attending declarations of war. Forgetting what he is talking about mid sentence, are all things that I don’t think are a “class act” at all. If he was CEO of a company, he’d be removed. 

Note to America; you have 320 million people, the Trump’s and Biden’s can’t possibly be the best two candidates of that population sample. Why do you have to choose candidates on the fringes of the average human mortality?

I know you won’t like me saying this, it’s an embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

You think leopards usually change their spots? Would you accept that if Trump said he has turned the corner and stopped lying that he might be a good guy again? 

It sits outside of the realms of “class act”, for me. As do beaming smiles when attending declarations of war. Forgetting what he is talking about mid sentence, are all things that I don’t think are a “class act” at all. If he was CEO of a company, he’d be removed. 

Note to America; you have 320 million people, the Trump’s and Biden’s can’t possibly be the best two candidates of that population sample. Why do you have to choose candidates on the fringes of the average human mortality?

I know you won’t like me saying this, it’s an embarrassment. 

Chris--

I agree with you----both parties have a serious issue with candidate quality; possibly the 'Phants are worse off in this regard. 

There was a time when a pol's private life was (I think properly) regarded as his private life. No more---get ready for "op research" from both parties. If you groped a girl (maybe) at a high school beer party, that becomes a national issue on the national stage. 

You would run for office in the US? 

Then, the constant need to raise funds. Get money from rich people to run. 

The Berlusconification of America is complete. A 24/7 Gong Show, with rabid partisans throwing PR eggs after every event. 

I suspect it is hopeless, and American is in decline. They have trained the public to bicker with each other over race, religion, sex, private sex lives, even fatness. 

"Domestic subversives and foreign enemies" as DC sells America down the river. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Chris--

I agree with you----both parties have a serious issue with candidate quality; possibly the 'Phants are worse off in this regard. 

There was a time when a pol's private life was (I think properly) regarded as his private life. No more---get ready for "op research" from both parties. If you groped a girl (maybe) at a high school beer party, that becomes a national issue on the national stage. 

You would run for office in the US? 

Then, the constant need to raise funds. Get money from rich people to run. 

The Berlusconification of America is complete. A 24/7 Gong Show, with rapid partisans throwing PR eggs after every event. 

I suspect it is hopeless, and American is in decline. They have trained the public to bicker with each other over race, religion, sex, private sex lives, even fatness. 

"Domestic subversives and foreign enemies" as DC sells America down the river. 

That’s about it. Its all PR / media gone wild. The few have refined communication, dark psychology and the shaping of ideas to such a degree, that it is an almost unassailable instrument of control and distraction. 

The masses typically believe they are super smart and on the winning side, with solid ideas and thinking, despite the paradox of having all of their opinions served up to them by others that they think are more worthy of doing the critical thinking. 

The media turns peoples emotions on and off like a tap.  I can feel another thread coming on. 🙂 

Wow, No question about it! These Oath Keepers are really a disciplined bunch! In their sacred handbook they say:

“A Proud Boy may not ejaculate alone more often than once every thirty days […] if he needs to ejaculate it must be within one yard of a woman with her consent. The woman may not be a prostitute.”

Is that so she can watch?

i can see where that would be a hard oath to keep hard!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/proud-boys-trial-rule-book-masturbation-ban-1234666317/

7 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

That’s about it. Its all PR / media gone wild. The few have refined communication, dark psychology and the shaping of ideas to such a degree, that it is an almost unassailable instrument of control and distraction. 

The masses typically believe they are super smart and on the winning side, with solid ideas and thinking, despite the paradox of having all of their opinions served up to them by others that they think are more worthy of doing the critical thinking. 

The media turns peoples emotions on and off like a tap.  I can feel another thread coming on. 🙂 

Except for me and my party, everyone is deluded and bad!

Sanders Blasts Big Pharma Greed in Fox News Op-Ed

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), in an opinion piece published Monday by Fox News, called on Congress to have the “courage” to take on corporate greed in the pharmaceutical industry.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/bernie-sanders-big-pharma-greed-fox-news-cd/?fbclid=IwAR1kTAi-zCrznzs2LEZeT2s3vdDkbvEDsJuHZ9bu1MAZUmcpjC7PN_oNdjI

Does Bernie now have to goto Fox News to get his opinions published? 

52 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

You think leopards usually change their spots?

The fact is, Biden quit plagiarizing a long time ago. It's time for you to get over it.

52 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Would you accept that if Trump said he has turned the corner and stopped lying that he might be a good guy again?

If Trump quit lying, I'd be amazed first and then give him kudos.

5 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

The fact is, Biden quit plagiarizing a long time ago. It's time for you to get over it.

If Trump quit lying, I'd be amazed first and then give him kudos.

The point is, the pathology rarely alters, Sandy. Behaviours are usually formed at a very young age and they are very hard to shake, even when their is an appetite to do so.

I think you can do much better as a country and should demand that.