The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

Huh, Mathew?   Did Fox News black out coverage of this big story?

Trump Org. fined $1.6 million after conviction for 17 felonies, including tax fraud | CNN Politics

January 13, 2023

Apparently when you watch MSNPC they don't tell you that that is not part of Trumps 6 yrs of taxes released by congress.. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The real "Twitter Files":

Congressional investigators found evidence that tech platforms — especially Twitter — failed to heed their own employees’ warnings about violent rhetoric on their platforms and bent their rules to avoid penalizing conservatives, particularly then-president Trump, out of fear of reprisals.

https://wapo.st/3CWZrQK

32 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Apparently when you watch MSNPC they don't tell you that that is not part of Trumps 6 yrs of taxes released by congress.. 

I don't watch television news, Mathew.

But, surely, you aren't naive enough to believe that Trump wasn't involved in his Trump Organization tax fraud schemes?

And remember when the Trump Foundation was shut down for fraud after the 2016 election?

Trump has always been a fraudster.

New York Daily News Skewers Trump Organization With Damning Nickname

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I don't watch television news, Mathew.

But, surely, you aren't naive enough to believe that Trump wasn't involved in his Trump Organization tax fraud schemes?

And remember when the Trump Foundation was shut down for fraud after the 2016 election?

Trump has always been a fraudster.

New York Daily News Skewers Trump Organization With Damning Nickname

Got your snow shovel ready for in the morning W?

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

The real "Twitter Files":

Congressional investigators found evidence that tech platforms — especially Twitter — failed to heed their own employees’ warnings about violent rhetoric on their platforms and bent their rules to avoid penalizing conservatives, particularly then-president Trump, out of fear of reprisals.

https://wapo.st/3CWZrQK

Matt:

Thanks for the WaPo article. 

A small part of the Congressional report (and evidently agreed to by the WaPo, which printed this as a news article, and not an op-ed):

“The sum of this is that alt-tech, fringe, and mainstream platforms were exploited in tandem by right-wing activists to bring American democracy to the brink of ruin,” the staffers wrote in their memo. “These platforms enabled the mobilization of extremists on smaller sites and whipped up conservative grievance on larger, more mainstream ones.”

---30---

"to bring American democracy to the brink of ruin"?

A few hundred unorganized nutcases, texting away on their smartphones, almost entirely unarmed, occupying the US Capitol building, brought American democracy "to the brink of ruin"? 

If those occupiers had indeed imperiled the very foundations of American democracy---why did the exalted and lionized Capitol Police, 3,500 officers strong...let everybody go that day? 

From what I see, 1/6 has become akin to 9/11 or The Gulf of Tonkin...an event being dramatized and fear-mongered into a springboard to justify further repression.  

There was simply no chance that band of lulus on 1/6 was going to overturn the US government. That is laughable on the face of it. 

Why all the fear-mongering by the WaPo

To justify censorship? 

6 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- 1/6 was a coup attempt; one with numerous angles being attempted at once.

As that is the reality that the facts now show, trying to spin it differently is likely to end up as a futile effort.

cardiachill-diamondhands.gif

😌

Disabled  vet accuses George Santos of swiping $3K from his dying service dog's GoFundMe

By Matthew Chapman January 17, 2023
https://www.rawstory.com/george-santos-scandal-2659271049/

"George Santos (R-NY) has faced a torrent of scandalous allegations, including that he lied about almost every aspect of his personal and professional background, that he is wanted for fraud in Brazil, that he has ties to the cousin of a Russian oligarch, and that he may have broken campaign finance law.
According to Patch on Tuesday, he may have also ripped off a GoFundMe to support a disabled veteran's dying service dog."
That's just cold.

Steve Thomas

38 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- 1/6 was a coup attempt; one with numerous angles being attempted at once.

As that is the reality that the facts now show, trying to spin it differently is likely to end up as a futile effort.

Matt:

Let us accept your premise. 1/6 was a coup attempt. 

Why did the much-exalted 3,500-officer Capitol Police...let everybody go? 

Why has Ray Epps, who played a vital (video'ed) role in instigating and then coordinating the breach of the Capitol...never been prosecuted?

Indeed, the NYT said Epps is a wonderful family man, ran a solid business, has dogs and displays not the slightest hint of racism, even during a daylong interview. 

Do you think there is a possibility that Epps was a federal asset? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Got your snow shovel ready for in the morning W?

Ron,

My wife and I were scheduled to fly to Love Field in Dallas tomorrow (on Southwest.)

Had to re-schedule for Saturday due to this snow storm tonight.

I have two snow shovels on standby, but shoveling snow is getting old lately. 

I'd rather be in the tropics.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Do you think there is a possibility that Epps was a federal asset? 

I don't think he was, but let's be conspiratorial for a second and pretend he was;

He wasn't the guy that planned the coup or did the planning for the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Or anyone else.

How do I know that?

Because we've had almost 1,000 trials of 1/6 defendants, and not a one has claimed they did it cuz Ray Epps told them to.

The Ray Epps conspiracy theory is just getting mocked at this point. When goofy theories reach a certain point of silliness, it's really time to move on. 

33 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

My wife and I were scheduled to fly to Love Field in Dallas tomorrow (on Southwest.)

Had to re-schedule for Saturday due to this snow storm tonight.

I have two snow shovels on standby, but shoveling snow is getting old lately. 

I'd rather be in the tropics.

Ha.  Southwest, Christmas, what a clusterflub.  Don't end up a snow shovel heart attack victim.  lt is a thing, I'm sure you know.  Love Field eh?  Don't take a convertible uber down Main, right on Houston, left on Elm.

Edited by Ron Bulman