The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

26 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Kevin Drum took time out from his cruise down the Seine this week to expertly debunk Ben and Chris's WSJ propaganda piece about Hillary and the silly Durham/Sussman trial. *

Its a funny thing on here, as if I produce a link from a non-democrat voter/worshipper approved news source, the source gets attacked, not the content. You produced the Daily Kos, I did a quick read and reference. In 2015 American’s voted them the 5th least reputable news source, it was giving Alex Jones & Infowars a run for its money. I thought: “yeh, ok William.” Is your criteria for citing sources purely based on whether you like what they are saying or do you have any other criteria that may require careful consideration? 🙂 

I’ll tell you what else is sort of funny, when something espousing high moral values is defending Hilary Rodham Clinton. That’s what they call a paradox. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

I never thought about my kids being shot at school.  Columbine seemed like an anomaly at the time.  They were out of school by the time Sandy Hook happened.  This breaks my heart, pisses me off and scares me.  My daughter is a high school teacher.  I have four grandchildren of school age, one who will be next year and another one on the way.

Terrible as they are mass shootings in the U S have gone way past just the schools.

Uvalde school shooting ends with 18 children, 3 adults dead | The Texas Tribune

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Chris---

Some of what we are seeing in the world of public health might be what could be called "innocent or legal grifting." 

Analogy: Each and every year Americans are duly informed of rising threats to national security. Threats only go up, never down, and this (along with plenty of grifting, lobbying) has resulted in larger DoD-black-budgets budgets every year. 

So the pharma-public health sector has learned a valuable lesson from all of this. Threats! Highlight threats! C19 will never end. 

Of course, elites find this ability to induce fear useful also. 

Just IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I never thought about my kids being shot at school.  Columbine seemed like an anomaly at the time.  They were out of school by the time Sandy Hook happened.  This breaks my heart, pisses me off and scares me.  My daughter is a high school teacher.  I have four grandchildren of school age, one who will be next year and another one on the way.

Terrible as they are mass shootings in the U S have gone way past just the schools.

Ron-

My regards to your grandchildren and very admirable daughter. 

No one should live like this. 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Chris---

Some of what we are seeing in the world of public health might be what could be called "innocent or legal grifting." 

Analogy: Each and every year Americans are duly informed of rising threats to national security. Threats only go up, never down, and this (along with plenty of grifting, lobbying) has resulted in larger DoD-black-budgets budgets every year. 

So the pharma-public health sector has learned a valuable lesson from all of this. Threats! Highlight threats! C19 will never end. 

Of course, elites find this ability to induce fear useful also. 

Just IMHO. 

I agree. It can certainly be all of that, Ben. Of course the cryptic Mr Gates thinks we’ll all take notice of the next one (pandemic). 

We know fear keeps the masses neurotic and obedient. By all accounts this shouldn’t really trouble us, unless of course by some miracle its suddenly very transmissible. With many European countries signing up to outsource the decision making to the WHO on their health affairs, who knows what this may bring. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I expect posts on the site, maybe this thread in particular to be buried quickly.  In some cases, within a few minutes, then a few minutes later it's on the prior page.  Which few go back to look at.

So. Bump.

My wife says the number of dead children is up to 19 now. 

I believe in the right to bear arms, responsibly.  That's why we should have laws restricting their capability and access.  Not NRA lobbyists for the manufacturers advocating for more sales, at any cost. 

Smith and Wesson is on the NASDAQ.

Their stock price is more important to GOP politicians than child safety.

That's not hyperbole. It's just plain factual, backed up by their actions. And inaction.

There are now more guns in circulation than actual people in the United States.

3 times as many guns are annually being produced now as were being made 20 years ago.

This is going to get far worse, unless people stand up to the gun companies and their lobbyist, the NRA.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I believe in the right to bear arms, responsibly.  That's why we should have laws restricting their capability and access.  Not NRA lobbyists for the manufacturers advocating for more sales, at any cost. 

I saw this story on the news last night. Something has to be done to prevent this happening ever again. It happening once is too often, but, as the economics fail in the US, more will delve into malevolence and mental Illness, increasing the possibilities of it repeating. Something has to be done in terms of controls and evaluating who can and can’t have access to firearms. The problem is; you’ll always have the kid who was picked on and tormented at school, the fundamentalist with hate in their heart, the guy whose wife has left him because he can’t pay the bills etc, the nihilist. Sometimes I think it was better when people had faith, spirituality or religion, the absence of which leaves a void in man. We have an epidemic of mental illness, it needs addressing as quickly as anything. 

💔 It’s truly heartbreaking to see. 😢

35 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I am not a person of faith, spirituality or religion but, it has occurred to me that for all time (until recently), whether it be believing in the sun, moon, paganism, christianity or whatever religion, that this occupied a spiritual void in man’s mind. Nietzsche outlined in the 19th century that once man rejected faith, that there would then be this spiritual void and that it would be occupied by government/tyrants. He more or less predicted the disasters of the twentieth century, where scores of people followed dictators unquestioningly, as if they were messiahs or gods. Yes, religion was misused, the collectivist ideology creates opportunity for tremendously bad things to happen in the name of the greater good. People almost look at leaders like a great father figure, hero or god. The trouble is; people aren’t getting a lot of support from the state, community, or friends or family. I think this has caused societies to descend into mental illness. Which leads to tragedies and very unhappy people, with no meaning in their lives. There also seems to be a culture of division and hate in America, which ultimately leads to atrocious things happening.

I will say; I don’t think everyone needs faith, religion or spirituality in their lives to function and be happy/comfortable but, it’s unclear to me whether a large proportion of the masses need it to be happy or exist comfortably. After all, we all have a different set of cards, struggles etc.

Perhaps we just need community back and to gravitate toward strong core moral values, which may prevent these disasters. Whatever the answer is; we seem to he losing our way (globally).