The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Some witty person posted this at the Democratic Underground today...

"The FBI moved on Trump like a bitch and, when you have probable cause, they let you do it."  🤥

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

From a front-page article in today's New York Times:

WASHINGTON — A new conservative nonprofit group scored a $1.6 billion windfall last year via a little-known donor — an extraordinary sum that could give Republicans and their causes a huge financial boost ahead of the midterms, and for years to come.

The source of the money was Barre Seid, an electronics manufacturing mogul, and the donation is among the largest — if not the largest — single contributions ever made to a politically focused nonprofit. The beneficiary is a new political group controlled by Leonard A. Leo, an activist who has used his connections to Republican donors and politicians to help engineer the conservative dominance of the Supreme Court and to finance battles over abortion rights, voting rules and climate change policy.

This windfall will help cement Mr. Leo’s status as a kingmaker in conservative big money politics. It could also give conservatives an advantage in a type of difficult-to-trace spending that shapes elections and political fights.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mark Knight said:

Not to mention that VP Mike Pence was suspicious enough of the SS to NOT get into a SS-driven vehicle to be driven away from the Capitol to a location that wasn't disclosed to him. And YES, I DO think that Pence had reason to not trust the SS, after it came out that on January 5, Senator Chuck Grassley stated that HE would be presiding over the certification of the Electoral Votes, since PENCE WOULDN'T BE PRESENT FOR THE PROCEDURE. 

Unless Grassley was in on the plot, how would he have known that there was a plan for Pence to be absent? It certainly wasn't PENCE'S plan to be absent. But apparently SOMEONE planned for Pence to not be there. THAT would circumvent the procedure outlined in the Constitution. And Grassley was AWARE of that. How many MORE were in on the plot? Pence was so certain that he'd be put on a plane and flown to a distant but undisclosed location that he REFUSED to get into the car with the SS agents.

But Ben still thinks the SS, or at least rogue SS agents, weren't part of the coup attempt. Ben, BECAUSE of the JFK assassination and its aftermath, I have problems putting my full trust in the SS. 

And he needs to be reminded that the FBI had not one, but two investigations of Clinton going on in 2016. Here's what Breitbart said about it at the time:

"Even as Clinton was dismissing the Fox News report out of hand, former U.S. attorney Joseph DiGenova was confirming the key revelations, saying he has been told 150 FBI agents are working the Clinton corruption case, and the investigation has been in progress for months."

Those bastards were out to get Trump from the start.

From a New York Times article today:

Yulia Latynina, a Russian journalist and Putin critic, suggested that Dugina’s killing could be a false flag operation intended to justify a campaign of repression or to temper the increasingly vocal pro-war party that has been turning critical of the Kremlin.

“This murder can be followed by total terror,” she said in a video on YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

“This murder can be followed by total terror,”

Obviously Putin has been engaged in total terror against Ukraine for quite a while now, but now Russian citizens will face the same.

How anyone thought a guy that worshiped Stalin would ever behave any differently is beyond me.

Breaking story from the New York Times:
The initial batch of documents retrieved by the National Archives from former President Donald J. Trump in January included more than 150 marked as classified, a number that ignited intense concern at the Justice Department and helped trigger the criminal investigation that led F.B.I. agents to swoop into Mar-a-Lago this month seeking to recover more, multiple people briefed on the matter said.
In total, the government has recovered more than 300 documents with classified markings from Mr. Trump since he left office, the people said: that first batch of documents returned in January, another set provided by Mr. Trump’s aides to the Justice Department in June and the material seized by the F.B.I. in the search this month.

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:
Breaking story from the New York Times:
The initial batch of documents retrieved by the National Archives from former President Donald J. Trump in January included more than 150 marked as classified, a number that ignited intense concern at the Justice Department and helped trigger the criminal investigation that led F.B.I. agents to swoop into Mar-a-Lago this month seeking to recover more, multiple people briefed on the matter said.
In total, the government has recovered more than 300 documents with classified markings from Mr. Trump since he left office, the people said: that first batch of documents returned in January, another set provided by Mr. Trump’s aides to the Justice Department in June and the material seized by the F.B.I. in the search this month.

Isn't almost anything classified? 

Still waiting for a court trial, with an able well-funded defense, in an open courtroom. 

State investigations and prosecutions deserve detached, and skeptical review.