The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

12 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Would you say the Secret Service was part of The Deep State? Shoot, those guys tried to facilitate a coup on Trump's behalf and didn't inform the Speaker of the House of credible death threats against her in the days prior to Jan. 6. 

Andrew P:

Seriously? You think the Secret Service on 1/6 tried to facilitate a coup on Trump's behalf? 

You realize the director of the Secret Service on 1/6 was James Murray, a 24-year SS veteran? 

Yes, the SS is an arm of the Deep State. You may wish to ponder what happened on 11/22/63. 

What you are positing is that Trump, the picture of a political naif and blow-hard, managed to flip the Secret Service into insurrectionists in four short years, including its veteran director? 

You know there are CTs and there are CTs, but the idea that Trump conspired with the Deep State is... far-fetched. 

The evidence is rather the other way. The Deep State loathed, detested and reviled Trump and made no secret of it. 

As for protecting Pelosi, the Capitol Police report to the legislative branch. The failures of the Capitol Police on 1/6 easily exceed the shortcomings of the SS on 11/22. The failures are so inexplicable and complete as to defy sensible explanation. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC&RulesFullReport_ExaminingU.S.CapitolAttack.pdf

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Kirk was right about the Beatles eclipsing Elvis in '64, but it's still a thrill to watch Ann Margret in Viva Las Vegas, especially compared to reading Ben's nightly MAGA dispatches from Thailand.  🤥

So, your from Colorado.  Here you go.  I spent the night in Steamboat once, my dad hunted there once also.

Colorado Man Fires .40 Cal Glock 9 Times to Kill Black Bear That Broke Into His House at Night (msn.com)

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Andrew P:

Seriously? You think the Secret Service on 1/6 tried to facilitate a coup on Trump's behalf? 

You realize the director of the Secret Service on 1/6 was James Murray, a 24-year SS veteran? 

Yes, the SS is an arm of the Deep State. You may wish to ponder what happened on 11/22/63. 

What you are positing is that Trump, the picture of a political naif and blow-hard, managed to flip the Secret Service into insurrectionists in four short years, including its veteran director? 

You know there are CTs and there are CTs, but the idea that Trump conspired with the Deep State is... far-fetched. 

The evidence is rather the other way. The Deep State loathed, detested and reviled Trump and made no secret of it. 

As for protecting Pelosi, the Capitol Police report to the legislative branch. The failures of the Capitol Police on 1/6 easily exceed the shortcomings of the SS on 11/22. The failures are so inexplicable and complete as to defy sensible explanation. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC&RulesFullReport_ExaminingU.S.CapitolAttack.pdf

I seriously believe that. It was the USSS that had knowledge of the threats to Pelosi and did nothing, not the capitol police. They destroyed or refused to hand over their text messages from Jan. 6. And the New York FBI office in 2016 obviously conspired to help Trump by threatening to leak the Weiner laptop BS unless Comey announced it and Rudy knew about it and was bragging about it on TV days before Comey's announcement.

27 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I seriously believe that. It was the USSS that had knowledge of the threats to Pelosi and did nothing, not the capitol police. They destroyed or refused to hand over their text messages from Jan. 6. And the New York FBI office in 2016 obviously conspired to help Trump by threatening to leak the Weiner laptop BS unless Comey announced it and Rudy knew about it and was bragging about it on TV days before Comey's announcement.

Not to mention that VP Mike Pence was suspicious enough of the SS to NOT get into a SS-driven vehicle to be driven away from the Capitol to a location that wasn't disclosed to him. And YES, I DO think that Pence had reason to not trust the SS, after it came out that on January 5, Senator Chuck Grassley stated that HE would be presiding over the certification of the Electoral Votes, since PENCE WOULDN'T BE PRESENT FOR THE PROCEDURE. 

Unless Grassley was in on the plot, how would he have known that there was a plan for Pence to be absent? It certainly wasn't PENCE'S plan to be absent. But apparently SOMEONE planned for Pence to not be there. THAT would circumvent the procedure outlined in the Constitution. And Grassley was AWARE of that. How many MORE were in on the plot? Pence was so certain that he'd be put on a plane and flown to a distant but undisclosed location that he REFUSED to get into the car with the SS agents.

But Ben still thinks the SS, or at least rogue SS agents, weren't part of the coup attempt. Ben, BECAUSE of the JFK assassination and its aftermath, I have problems putting my full trust in the SS. 

3 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

But Ben still thinks the SS, or at least rogue SS agents, weren't part of the coup attempt. Ben, BECAUSE of the JFK assassination and its aftermath, I have problems putting my full trust in the SS. 

Astounding claim.

9 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Not to mention that VP Mike Pence was suspicious enough of the SS to NOT get into a SS-driven vehicle to be driven away from the Capitol to a location that wasn't disclosed to him. And YES, I DO think that Pence had reason to not trust the SS, after it came out that on January 5, Senator Chuck Grassley stated that HE would be presiding over the certification of the Electoral Votes, since PENCE WOULDN'T BE PRESENT FOR THE PROCEDURE. 

Unless Grassley was in on the plot, how would he have known that there was a plan for Pence to be absent? It certainly wasn't PENCE'S plan to be absent. But apparently SOMEONE planned for Pence to not be there. THAT would circumvent the procedure outlined in the Constitution. And Grassley was AWARE of that. How many MORE were in on the plot? Pence was so certain that he'd be put on a plane and flown to a distant but undisclosed location that he REFUSED to get into the car with the SS agents.

OK, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

The 1/6 Show Trial could subpoena SS agents, and if they do not comply, then throw hem into jail, ala Bannon. Fine by me. But curiously, the 1/6 Show Trail instead puts photogenic hearsay witnesses on the stand. Really, this is how you get at the truth--or stage a Show Trial?  

The answer is obvious. 

As I have said many times, I hope there is a public and fair court trial of Trump and others, wherein stout and able defense counsel is provided, and let the chips fall where they may. Trump in jail, fine, Trump skates, fine, Trump exonerated, fine. 

Show trials deal in the DC coin of realm: Political advantage.  Truth is not on the agenda. 

Do you really expect a heavily, heavily partisan investigative body to present anything other than a Show Trial?

Would you expect the 'Phants to run a fair hearing, if they gain control of Congress? I don't. 

C'mon, Ben.  Are you now trying to argue that Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are partisan "Donks?" 🤥

You've twisted yourself into a Russian pretzel for the past year trying to deny the terrible truth about Trump's J6 coup attempt, but this takes the proverbial pirogue.

Nor has it been easy to bring Trump's co-conspirators before the investigating committee.  Meadows and others have stubbornly refused to comply with their subpoenas.  Flynn plead the 5th repeatedly during his appearance.

BTW, did you ever finally watch the J6 hearings?  They have been outstanding and, certainly, educational-- nothing at all like the Republican Benghazi show trials.

Sadly, the people who really need to watch them are hiding their heads in their distal alimentary canals.

Here's my question.

What is your resistance to facing the truth about Trump's historic misconduct?

What impact would it have on your life if you were to finally realize that Trump is a self-serving scoundrel who conspired to overturn an election in order to remain in power?

Edited by W. Niederhut

C'mon, Ben.  Are you now trying to argue that Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are partisan "Donks?" 🤥

You've twisted yourself into a Russian pretzel for the past year trying to deny the terrible truth about Trump's J6 coup attempt, but this takes the proverbial pirogue.

Nor has it been easy to bring Trump's co-conspirators before the investigating committee.  Meadows and others have stubbornly refused to comply with their subpoenas.  Flynn plead the 5th repeatedly during his appearance.

BTW, did you ever finally watch the J6 hearings?  They have been outstanding and, certainly, educational-- nothing at all like the Republican Benghazi show trials.

Sadly, the people who really need to watch them are hiding their heads in their distal alimentary canals.

Here's my question.

What impact would it have on your life if you were to finally realize that Trump is a self-serving scoundrel who conspired to overturn an election in order to remain in power?

Bingo.

Here's my question.

Liz Cheney is being touted (by Robert Reich) for the Donk Presidential candidate in 2024. 

https://www.eurasiareview.com/15062022-robert-reich-liz-cheney-for-president-oped/

By Robert Reich

I trust Joe Biden’s steadiness and judgment, and if he runs again, I’ll probably back him in 2024. But today I want to suggest someone who isn’t even a Democrat, and whose positions on many issues I (and I suspect you) strongly disagree with — but who could possibly be the best president of the United States for the perilous time we’re entering.

I’m referring to Liz Cheney.

---30---

Cheney of course, has just been unseated by the Trump, or populist, wing of the GOP. She is hardly an unbiased observer. 

Have you heard the expression about a woman scorned? In spades, when politics is involved. 

In fact, Pelosi refused to seat the Republicans on the 1/6 Show Trial who were nominated by the GOP. 

I am comfortable in saying there is no defense counsel at the 1/6 Show Trial. 

I have "resistance" to Donk or 'Phant Show Trials, or Warren or 9/11 commissions. These are propaganda venues.  

I will say it again: Get Trump into court, provide him with able and well-financed defense counsel. Let the chips fall where they may. I care little, and regard Trump as a divisive diversion. 

A Show Trial is not the way to get at the truth, but is a tool to seek political advantage. 

Cheney says she will run for President. 

Maybe you will join long-time Donk Reich in endorsing the idea?  

You can agree or disagree with Matt Taibbi, that's fine. But for decades has proved out as one of the very best Washington observers, and he is independent. 

From Taibbi:

CIVICS: NATIONAL NEWS MEDIA AND FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE NOW AS INDISTINGUISHABLE IN AMERICA AS IN ANY AUTOCRATIC COUNTRY ANYWHERE

Matt Taibbi:

Watching, I found myself wondering, “What is this?” There was no pretense of separateness between the CNN employees, and the spot’s purpose appeared to be to let a senior CIA/FBI counterintelligence official whine about the reaction to the Trump raid, stoke fear, and compare Americans to al-Qaeda. It felt less like news than something out of a dystopian novel like Fahrenheit 451 or We, and this is essentially on air round the clock. Dollars to doughnuts, if you turn on cable right now, you will find, somewhere, a former intelligence official yammering at you through your telescreen.

We’re a week into one of the biggest stories of our time, and the feds and media have spent most every minute acting as an unembarrassed unified front. One after another, national security “analysts” lined up to give breathless, hyperbolic, and and eerily synchronized commentary about the Mar-a-Lago raid. If the message on day 1 was about how they “must have” probable cause of a crime, that was the word up and down the dial. If by the weekend it was “I’ve never seen this level of threat,” you heard that in more or less the same words from the likes of Mudd, McCabe, and others on multiple channels. What’s the public supposed to see, other than an American analog to China Central TV or Rossiya-1, when they tuned in to all this?

People who used to be very skeptical of M$M coverage and the national security state now lionize the same.