The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 5/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, Lawrence Schnapf said:

We need to separate Trump the person from his claims about the Deep State. He is a terrible messenger but he is right about the risk posed by the Deep State.  

Amen, and in spades. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

From AXIOS AM, a news aggregator to which I subscribe:

"

More than a century and a half after the actual Civil War, "civil war" references are becoming common on the right, The New York Times writes in a front-page story (subscription).

• Why it matters: Polling and social media "suggest that a growing number of Americans are anticipating, or even welcoming, the possibility of sustained political violence, researchers studying extremism say."

🧮 By the numbers: Posts on Twitter that mentioned "civil war" soared nearly 3,000% after the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago.

The bottom line: "What was once the subject of serious discussion only on the political periphery," The Times writes, "has migrated closer to the mainstream."

Of course, the NYT story is behind a paywall, so I haven't read it firsthand. But the implication is that it's the people "on the right" who are mentioning "civil war." Axios is reporting on the content of the NYT story, not issuing their own opinions here, Notice, Ben, that Axios did not agree or disagree with the NYT; they merely reported what was published.

42 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

From AXIOS AM, a news aggregator to which I subscribe:

Of course, the NYT story is behind a paywall, so I haven't read it firsthand. But the implication is that it's the people "on the right" who are mentioning "civil war." Axios is reporting on the content of the NYT story, not issuing their own opinions here, Notice, Ben, that Axios did not agree or disagree with the NYT; they merely reported what was published.

Hi Mark, 

Check out this video with Tim Pool as the guest, he is the main voice mentioning "Civil war".
He's been pushing this narrative since the Floyd Riots and it's been picking up steam in the last year with more domestic troubles happening.. 

Ben,

I talked to my friend who lives in Colorado Springs the other day. He said he's seeing Raptor drilling he's never seen before. He then told me he thinks they're preparing for a "No Fly Zone" sounds like you're getting what Kirk says you wanted.. 

Edited by Matthew Koch
changed and to then

4 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Real world hint:

Re: Tim Poole, You know he's a bore when he expects you to buy the perpetual ski cap.

Maybe these tough talking guys at the Capitol will like a boring existence in jail.

MIND BLOWING.   "Everything we trained for."

Trump's phony Capital police tweet came after 3+ hours of watching them be pummeled?

Watching someone get beaten for 3+ hours and then saying...okay boys, you can let up "now?"

40 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Real world hint:

"Re: Tim Poole, You know he's a bore.."

Kirk, indeed..
The only reason to watch his show (I haven't since before the election)
is for the guest that may be on like with Rogan. 

I'm just trying to show it begins with Tim Pool and then turns into articles with pay walls, where the headlines suggests people that are more right wing than Tim Pool. The people who want to overthrow the government just so happen to usually either be Feds or hang out with Feds that help them until the last second and then arrest them. Making people ask did the FBI foil their own plot? lol. Then partisen people just read the headline into their echo chamber and start whatever alarmism about the other side, eventually leading to them asking the government to crack down on their political rivals. Which is a sign that you're supporting values outside of Traditional American Political Values aka Authoritarianism..

Edited by Matthew Koch
changed your to you're

47 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Kirk, indeed..
The only reason to watch his show (I haven't since before the election)
is for the guest that may be on like with Rogan. 

I'm just trying to show it begins with Tim Pool and then turns into articles with pay walls, where the headlines suggests people that are more right wing than Tim Pool. The people who want to overthrow the government just so happen to usually either be Feds or hang out with Feds that help them until the last second and then arrest them. Making people ask did the FBI foil their own plot? lol. Then partisen people just read the headline into their echo chamber and start whatever alarmism about the other side, eventually leading to them asking the government to crack down on their political rivals. Which is a sign that your supporting values outside of Traditional American Political Values aka Authoritarianism..

Real world hint that is badly needed:

Yeah our deep state has the infinite power to dupe everyone, including Trump and take away all their free will to act on their own. So we may as well pardon them all! They never had a chance anyway!

I get it.They can do everything with impunity.They'll get away with everything and no one will ever be able to trace them just as they did with bombing the Russian pipeline. So they never have any fear of being caught.

The biggest scam they're successfully perpetuating  is that very fact.  Schumer's "Six ways to Sunday," CIA comment is meant to perpetuate this myth of American Exceptionalism that our intelligence is like our country itself, far superior than anywhere else. And the CIA is the crown jewel with the historic naughty reputation that sends shivers through the rest of the world.

Of course, even here on a JFKA forum this thinking is is very prevalent also. Which is to be expected, as many assume  government agencies were part of a plot to kill a standing President, and they've gotten way with it! However i think the broadening of the conspiracy is because the government decided a conscious course of action,and  decided not to pursue leads and cover up and suppressed the  truth from it's citizens.

As a U.S., citizen, for me it's an interesting phenomena to see here how foreigners buy the American Exceptionalism idea here  more often than Americans themselves, that literally the U.S. could  brazenly do the most sinister plots, absolutely anything on the world scene and get away with it. Many, though by no means all people from across the pond are willing to believe that, and interestingly people who once lived here but now live abroad like Ben. That includes Canada and of course Jeff and Len O. Of course in those cases, there is this natural   inferiority complex of the great superpower U.S. "Superman."  that's been going on all their lives. 

It seems the author's here buy into it also, though there's some I suspect who have their own views about the current dangers of the government "deep state", but don't want to be involved in speculating. Which is fine.

As evidenced by your comments, The myth of American Exceptionalism wins hands down, throughout the world, without even firing a shot!

Tell your friends

14 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Heartfelt sympathies to the people in Florida. I suppose many people East of the divide here have  vacationed there  many times.

Ian sure made a lot of those manufactured homes look like cardboard.

Last year I went across that bridge that was washed out leading to Sanibel. That island was beautiful with a lot of multi million dollar homes. The road ended at a beach that i recall costed $21 bucks to enter! I shined it on and went to their free public sort of aquatic park with trails and walkway through the swamps.

Kirk,

There's a fairly detailed report at WaPo this week about Sanibel Island and Hurricane Ian.  It will take a while to repair the three mile causeway to the island, which is in ruins.

When it comes to current existential crises in the world, I would rank the Ukrainian War (and Putin's nuclear threats) as #1 and catastrophic climate change at #2.

The GOP in Florida, and throughout the country, needs to come clean about climate change denial.

Koch-funded Republican Rick Scott actually forbade state officials from using the term, "climate change," when he was governor of Florida.  And Florida Republicans Ron DeSantis and Marco Rubio voted against Federal aid for Hurricane Sandy victims back in the day.

Sanibel residents hope for recovery after Hurricane Ian's destruction - The Washington Post

c95be7502199013bc71e005056a9545d.png

Judges refuse to hire ‘woke’ Yale graduates amid cancel culture row (msn.com)

The corruption of our judiciary, as evidenced in the above article, is exposed in this hew book:

Amazon.com : servants of the damned

Edited by Douglas Caddy

The latest in my email from Jefferson [Jeff] Morley:

https://jfkfacts.substack.com/p/greenwald-trump-and-the-jfk-files?r=elbl1&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

Perhaps Trump think THAT is his "get-out-of-jail free" card

Or perhaps not.