The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The fear psychosis just gets deeper, coincidentally as MSM ramps up the nuclear exchange rhetoric. 

Anyone who doesn’t agree with the cult, simply has to be a Russian asset. In fact anyone who is not pro escalating this conflict is a Russian asset or dangerous apologist for Putin. Anyone not committed to annihilating Russia militarily and economically is “one of them”, an enemy of the state.
This is intellectual laziness, because you are out of answers, you’re just embracing group think. 

Just pause for a second you vengeful lunatics, revisit JFK history, senator Joe McCarthy, and that whole era of paranoia and where it took the world, to a the brink of destruction. 145m American’s would have been dead in seconds. Some of you wouldn’t be here, I might not be either (my country was complicit too and is again now). 

The US foreign policy of being faux-virtuous and manufacturing propaganda and using force to regime change in small inconsequential non-nuclear nations for their resources, playing the bully, will not work with super-powers & nuclear nations with good capability of delivery of those weapons. You put someone who can cause enormous harm into a corner, with nowhere to go, and they lash out causing as much damage as possible. Animals do the same. If you’re cheerleading this position, you’re complicit. 

To anyone who is critical of this post. How would you achieve peace in this situation and stop us getting deeper into a potentially more perilous situation? 

My position is clear; I want peace, for Ukrainians and Russians to stop dying. Weapons manufacturers and energy giants to stop profiting from the misery of others. I want detente, rapprochement. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I like Baker, but I think he misses a big part of what he is describing here -- at least from the rightwing perspective -- they like Russians because they are white.

AP--

Interesting comment.

But...can a party make ID politics the only frame of reference...and then act surprised when more and more voters and office holders see themselves in terms of ID politics? 

See the four LA City officials in recent private conversation....

Although the 'Phants are running Herschel Walker....

Personally, I think Putin is a horrible dangerous lunatic. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Huh, Ben?  What glass houses do you imagine progressive Democrats around here live in?  Do tell.

As for Douglas Caddy's latest post about insurance companies and Hurricane Ian, let's not forget that Florida Republicans like Rick Scott, Marco Rubio, and Ron DeSantis have been funded by the Kochs for years to deny climate change.

When Koch-ster Rick Scott was Governor of Florida he even prohibited Florida state employees from using the term "climate change."  

The GOP is, unquestionably, the Big Oil-funded party of climate change denial. 

334457_image.jpg

Not surprisingly, Ben's attempt at humor in posting a derogatory Biden meme fell flat-- but his comment about the Democratic Party being based "only on ID politics" was unwittingly amusing.

Certainly, Trump and his cult have strongly identified themselves as Blood and Soil, white, gun-toting Evangelical Protestants, but that doesn't mean that Democrats have similarly based their own political affiliation on ethnicity and religion.

In fact, the opposite is the case.  Democrats are ethnically and religiously diverse.

(Where's Chris Barnard when we need a legitimate diagnosis of projection?)

How many times have people here on the Education Forum tried to educate Ben about the substantive policy differences between the Koch- bought GOP and progressive Democrats-- including critically important issues like climate change, healthcare, gun control, Citizens United, abortion, tax policy, prosecuting Trump's J6 coup attempt, etc.?

It's all for naught.  Ben's mind is closed to revising his numerous flawed paradigms, even while he repeatedly claims to "keep an open mind."

My guess is that Ben closed his mind and avoided listening to the damning evidence about Trump's J6 coup attempt-- and Secret Service complicity-- in last week's final Congressional hearing.

At the same time, he repeatedly insists that Trump's J6 MAGA mob wasn't armed-- the exact opposite conclusion reached by the Secret Service before the J6 attack on the Capitol!

Under the circumstances, Ben is, obviously, thrilled to have a new forum member from the MAGA-verse, Mathew Koch, share and amplify his MAGA-verse paradigms here.

It's a folie a deux.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Not surprisingly, Ben's attempt at humor in posting a derogatory Biden meme fell flat-- but his comment about the Democratic Party being based "only on ID politics" was unwittingly amusing.

Certainly, Trump and his cult have strongly identified themselves as Blood and Soil, white, gun-toting Evangelical Protestants, but that doesn't mean that Democrats have similarly based their own political affiliation on ethnicity and religion.

In fact, the opposite is the case.  Democrats are ethnically and religiously diverse.

(Where's Chris Barnard when we need a legitimate diagnosis of projection?)

How many times have people here on the Education Forum tried to educate Ben about the substantive policy differences between the Koch- bought GOP and progressive Democrats-- including critically important issues like climate change, healthcare, gun control, Citizens United, abortion, tax policy, prosecuting Trump's J6 coup attempt, etc.?

It's all for naught.  Ben's mind is closed to revising his numerous flawed paradigms, even while he repeatedly claims to "keep an open mind."

My guess is that Ben closed his mind and avoided listening to the damning evidence about Trump's J6 coup attempt-- and Secret Service complicity-- in last week's final Congressional hearing.

At the same time, he repeatedly insists that Trump's J6 MAGA mob wasn't armed-- the exact opposite conclusion reached by the Secret Service before the J6 attack on the Capitol!

Under the circumstances, Ben is, obviously, thrilled to have a new forum member from the MAGA-verse, Mathew Koch, share and amplify his MAGA-verse paradigms here.

It's a folie a deux.

W-

1. Yes, three of the 900+ people arrested for 1/6 are charged with carrying a firearm. I guess you can call that "an armed mob." A mob that fired not a shot. 

The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were explicitly unarmed; we know that from the federal indictments. They appear to have been the only "organized" groups in the Capitol that day, although the word "organized" is being used loosely here. Very loosely. 

2. Secret Service complicity in an insurrection? 

How on earth did Trump, widely regarded as nearly impossible to work for, often imbalanced and mercurial, obviously egocentric...swing the longtime Deep State apparatchiks in the Secret Service to join his insurrection? 

You realize the man running the Secret Service, James Murphy, during the Trump Administration was a 24-year veteran of the service? 

The "Secret Service was in on the insurrection" meme just does not hold water. 

I guess anti-Biden cartoons are not funny and anti-Trump cartoons are funny...or vice-versa? Comedy is in the eye o the beholder.

Keep an open mind...but some skepticism regarding M$M narratives is warranted.... 

PS. Try for a collegial, conversational style when addressing fellow members. Ad hominem and personally derogatory comments should be beneath you. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Using an Honorary badge from a racist sheriff's department, one of many from other departments.  To impersonate an officer?  A crime for lieing?  Ignorance?  I hope it doesn't happen but he and Tommy Tuberville would make an odd southern couple.

Herschel Walker Says The Infamous Badge Is Real. That's Terrifying. (msn.com)

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Using an Honorary badge from a racist sheriff's department, one of many from other departments.  To impersonate an officer?  A crime for lieing?  Ignorance?  I hope it doesn't happen but he and Tommy Tuberville would make an odd southern couple.

Herschel Walker Says The Infamous Badge Is Real. That's Terrifying. (msn.com)

Walker sure appears to be a boob.

Is the noisome glare of media too noxious...the good and the decent no longer seek public office or positions? The endless money-raising from the monied? 

What happened to the Walter Reuthers, the JFKs, the Eisenhowers, even the Jimmy Carters? 

What starts as a cause becomes party politics, then a business, and then a racket. 

I think we are into the racket stage....

Donald Trump and the wider Republican Party seem to be promoting entertainers for public office.

Dr. Oz was a TV doctor. No political experience.

Herschel Walker - a football player. No political experience

Kari Lake - a TV news anchor. No political experience.

J.D. Vance - author. No political experience.

What happens if these people get elected and actually have to govern?

Are we going to have a national variety show? Straw Hats? Barbershop Quartets?

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump and the wider Republican Party seem to be promoting entertainers for public office.

Dr. Oz was a TV doctor. No political experience.

Herschel Walker - a football player. No political experience

Kari Lake - a TV news anchor. No political experience.

J.D. Vance - author. No political experience.

What happens if these people get elected and actually have to govern?

Are we going to have a national variety show? Straw Hats? Barbershop Quartets?

Steve Thomas

Al Franken? 

I still don't know why Franken folded so easily, like a $9 tent in a typhoon. A cardboard suitcase on a Detroit Greyhound bus. A poker player with a six of hearts high. 

He was a smart and funny guy. 

I guess now Franken is telling jokes at the local Rotary Club.