The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Coping with Trumplicon fascism has acquired another potentially useful therapy in Colorado... 🤥

Colorado voters legalize psilocybin and psychedelic therapy
Colorado is the second state to legalize medicinal psychedelics
www.denverpost.com/2022/11/08/colorado-results-prop-122-legalizing-psilocybin-psilocin-mushrooms/

November 11, 2022 
Colorado is poised to become the second U.S. state to legalize medicinal psychedelics.

Proposition 122, Access to Natural Psychedelic Substances, was supported by about 52% of the vote as of 12:35 p.m. Friday with 2,240,233 votes counted, according to the Secretary of State’s Office. The measure was ahead by nearly 108,000 votes as of that time.

Natural Medicine Colorado, the campaign behind the measure, declared victory at 5:20 p.m. Wednesday. Luke Niforatos, CEO of Protect Colorado’s Kids, the opposition group fighting the measure, confirmed to The Denver Post he had conceded. The Associated Press confirmed the election results Friday morning.

The measure legalizes psilocybin and psilocin, two compounds found in “magic mushrooms,” for use in therapeutic settings and paves the way for the establishment of “healing centers” where adults 21 years old and up can use the substances under the supervision of licensed professionals.

Additionally, Proposition 122 decriminalizes the personal growing, use and sharing of psilocybin and psilocin, as well as ibogaine, mescaline and dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, for adults.

Colorado follows Oregon, which legalized psilocybin in 2020. Natural Medicine Colorado lauded the results as a history-making win.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Last night we heard the death knell of Donald Trumps political future.

Trump keeps winning elections for the Dems. After they suffer yet another disaster in 2024, the GOP might finally cut him loose. But he's just the gift that keeps on giving lol

48 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Coping with Trumplicon fascism has acquired another potentially useful therapy in Colorado... 🤥

www.denverpost.com/2022/11/08/colorado-results-prop-122-legalizing-psilocybin-psilocin-mushrooms/

November 11, 2022 
Colorado is poised to become the second U.S. state to legalize medicinal psychedelics.

Proposition 122, Access to Natural Psychedelic Substances, was supported by about 52% of the vote as of 12:35 p.m. Friday with 2,240,233 votes counted, according to the Secretary of State’s Office. The measure was ahead by nearly 108,000 votes as of that time.

Natural Medicine Colorado, the campaign behind the measure, declared victory at 5:20 p.m. Wednesday. Luke Niforatos, CEO of Protect Colorado’s Kids, the opposition group fighting the measure, confirmed to The Denver Post he had conceded. The Associated Press confirmed the election results Friday morning.

The measure legalizes psilocybin and psilocin, two compounds found in “magic mushrooms,” for use in therapeutic settings and paves the way for the establishment of “healing centers” where adults 21 years old and up can use the substances under the supervision of licensed professionals.

Additionally, Proposition 122 decriminalizes the personal growing, use and sharing of psilocybin and psilocin, as well as ibogaine, mescaline and dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, for adults.

Colorado follows Oregon, which legalized psilocybin in 2020. Natural Medicine Colorado lauded the results as a history-making win.

OK boomer, what does this have to do with scholarly research?

lmfoa Seems more like Wiliam's brain operates like: A childs' guide to arguing, everyone I like is good everything I don't like is Trump Fascism. Mushrooms should help just like those SSRI's that even Tom Cruise knew was BS. What's the crime rate now in Dever William, has it gone up since liberal policies in Denver started going into overdrive? 

18 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Trump keeps winning elections for the Dems. After they suffer yet another disaster in 2024, the GOP might finally cut him loose. But he's just the gift that keeps on giving lol

Here's a nice video about your Support of Fascism in Ukraine Matt 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

November 11, 2022 

Have you ever tried it? 

That’s probably good news. 

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

MK---

Yes, it appears Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were thoroughly infiltrated. 

But the 3500-officer Capital Police force was woefully unprepared and under-staffed on Jan. 6, with the commander of civil disturbance unit at home making meatloaf. She had to be called in for duty. Then the CP stood down, as seen in videos. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC&RulesFullReport_ExaminingU.S.CapitolAttack.pdf

The report above was a quickie, and governments can rarely investigate themselves (see the JFKA). Compare it to a report that says the Secret Service notably failed to perform its duties on 11/22, but stops there. 

The 1/6 committee has many parallels to the Warren Commission---essentially a prosecutorial body with a singular narrative to promote, in a hyper-politicized atmosphere. No defense counsel, or alternative or enlarged, narratives presented. 

Ponder, in both the WC and the 1/6 Committee: 

1. Only the prosecution presented evidence, and that evidence was unchallenged. 

2. Only the prosecution presented witnesses, hand chosen and curated for effect. Those witnesses were unchallenged. 

3. The narrative, the unfolding story, was controlled by prosecutors. People and organizations become good guys or bad guys. The early media coverage of the Capitol Police presented the department as racists who would not shoot at white people and so shirked their duties, but the image became sanitized, and by the time of 1/6 committee hearing the decision was made to lionize the Capitol Police department. The media was played like an accordion. 

4. The media, which is mostly compliant anyway, is left to report on the witnesses and evidence presented, on daily deadlines. 

5. There is no judge to even try to make hearing formats impartial or fair.  

6. Many appeals are made to emotions, or patriotism, which generally play well in the media.

The WC and the 1/6 committee are essentially show trials. 

This is an interesting topic worthy of exploration in this forum. When there are "large" events, such as the JFKA, 9/11 or 1/6....who influences the media and to what end? Are there hidden truths? Ben

Ben, the silence  from the peanut gallery on this has been deafening, lols. 

I would love to hear the counter from Matt, William, Steve, Joe, Ron, and Kirk but I'm guessing that MSNPC hasn't put out their talking points to counter this Bombshell. 

3 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Have you ever tried it? 

Never have, but I may try a dose or two now that it's legal.

I'm curious about the therapeutic potential of psilocybin, especially in relation to musical creativity.

38 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'm curious about the therapeutic potential of psilocybin, especially in relation to musical creativity.

I haven’t tried it either, some close friends have. Their relating to it also has me curious. In a creative sense, nothing has a more powerful affect on me than 1-3 glasses of red wine. 

Feel free to share the results if you do try it. 

55 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Watch out where the huskies go

And don’t you eat that yellow snow.

(Frank Zappa)

Presumably psychedelic drugs and magic mushrooms have a role in opening the “doors of perception” accessing the unconscious, the yin, the imagination – the “lovely, dark and deep” woods of Robert Frost’s poem.

I’m very interested in the Jungian distinction between solar consciousness and lunar consciousness, the former relating to logical and pragmatic thinking and the latter to dreams, the arts and the imagination.

I suppose the ideal is to have balance or interplay between the two. It’s well explained in this article:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ie/blog/transcending-the-past/201608/the-night-sea-journey-lunar-consciousness-and-the-hero

2 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

“doors of perception”

I’ve had Huxley’s book on my desk for a few months, perhaps I’ll try and read it on a travel trip to the Scottish isles next week.