The Education Forum

Was it really just a MOLE HUNT about "Oswald?"

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

30 references to Harvey Lee Oswald.  Do these references have dates attached.  And, if possible could you share those 30 incidents with folks.  I just posted 7 references found in the Hardy and Lee.PDF.

The rest would be nice to have. 

John,

To me, this is one of the more interesting ones:

27. MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD: SUBJECT - HARVEY LEE OSWALD

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=18291&search="Harvey_Lee+Oswald"#relPageId=2&tab=page

The author of this memorandum is unknown. The subject of the memo is Harvey Lee Oswald. It looks like it dates from 1972.

The DC/CI (counterintelligence) advised me that the Director had relayed via the DDP (Deputy Director of Plans) the injunction that the Agency was not, under any circumstances, to make inquiries or ask questions of any source or defector about Oswald.”

1. Sheriff Decker's file on the assassination, given to the Warren Commission list the assailant's name as "Harvey Lee Oswald"

(12H51) (CE 5323) Deposition of Sheriff Decker dark brown heavy folder with a label on the outside: Harvey Lee Oswald.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

John,

To me, this is one of the more interesting ones:

27. MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD: SUBJECT - HARVEY LEE OSWALD

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=18291&search="Harvey_Lee+Oswald"#relPageId=2&tab=page

The author of this memorandum is unknown. The subject of the memo is Harvey Lee Oswald. It looks like it dates from 1972.

The DC/CI (counterintelligence) advised me that the Director had relayed via the DDP (Deputy Director of Plans) the injunction that the Agency was not, under any circumstances, to make inquiries or ask questions of any source or defector about Oswald.”

1. Sheriff Decker's file on the assassination, given to the Warren Commission list the assailant's name as "Harvey Lee Oswald"

(12H51) (CE 5323) Deposition of Sheriff Decker dark brown heavy folder with a label on the outside: Harvey Lee Oswald.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve,

I'll look into this later when I am not so sugar deprived.  When the blood sugar is low is often the time of confusion and mistakes.  This is what I am looking for.

2 hours ago, John Butler said:

Thanks Steve,

I'll look into this later when I am not so sugar deprived.  When the blood sugar is low is often the time of confusion and mistakes.  This is what I am looking for.

John,

9. Commission Document 498 - SS Rowley Memorandum of 13 Mar 1964 Forwarding Reports

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10898&search=%22Harvey_Lee+Oswald%22#relPageId=37&tab=page

pp. 37-38.

The Report is titled, Harvey Lee Oswald.

SS Protective Research Report by Kenneth J. Weisman of an interview with Billy Joe Lord, who traveled to Europe with Oswald aboard the SS Marion Lykes. Lord constantly refers to “Harvey Lee Oswald” whom he found to be “unfriendly, standoffish, and that the two of them “didn't hit off”. (p. 38.)

The Report was written by Weisman on February 28, 1964 and approved by a Jose (?)(Benavides?)(sic?) on March 2, 1964.

The name, Harvey Lee Oswald is used seven times in the same document.

Steve Thomas

22 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I have great difficulty in believing that the pregnant woman observed at Kittrell's first meeting with the man in the motorcycle jacket was a Marina impostor, despite her clothing apparently not matching what Marina usually wore. I also don't understand why that Oswald would feel the need for the violent demonstration of hitting the table. Trying to implicate himself by displaying a hair-trigger temper doesn't make sense. It seems to me that two impostors would be more likely than "real" Oswald with a fake Marina.

Denny,

You’re in good company suspecting that both “Oswalds” encountered by Laura Kittrell were impostors.  Dr. James Norwood, a major contributor to HarveyandLee.net, thinks the same thing.  I tend to disagree, but I’m hardly certain.

There is a lot of evidence that two young men were sharing the identity of “Lee Harvey Oswald” going back to elementary school, and the Marine Corps, and during the era of the Russian “defection,” for example.  And there is a lot of evidence for two Oswalds in 1963, as Sylvia Meagher noted more than half a century ago.

Meagher.jpg

One major question, though, one that John Armstrong was not able to prove either way, is this: Was the second Oswald active in Dallas in the summer and fall of 1963 one of the Oswalds from the earlier years?  My suspicion is that it was, but I’m aware of no direct evidence to support it.  The Laura Kittrell encounter bears a major impact on this significant question.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the second Oswald Ms. Kittrell encountered, the one she called “the Teamster,” laughed and talked in a loud way similar to the way the real Marguerite Oswald’s closest friends described him.  Not much to go on, other than the additional issue of asking why the plotters would bring more “impostors” than necessary into the plot, all of whom would have to be silenced somehow.

20 hours ago, John Butler said:

I haven't seen any military records for Harvey Lee Oswald, PFC at Santa Ana at 31 July 1959.  So, I am assuming there is none.  Santa Ana as a military address says Harvey, not Lee.  And, Lee is discharged in March, 1959.  This must be Harvey unless this is disinformation in the mole hunt of James J.

John,

ABSOLUTELY!  It was Russian-speaking Lee HARVEY Oswald who was stationed at the small, MACS 9 facility at Santa Ana at the very same time American-born LEE Harvey Oswald was just 10 miles away at the much larger base at El Toro. 

It was at Santa Ana that Harvey suddenly became the U.S. Marine Corp’s loudest pro-Castro, pro-commie, pro-Russian soldier.   Erwin Donald Lewis said, "It was a matter of common knowledge that Oswald could read, write, and speak Russian.”

Lewis.jpg

Less than a year later, Russian-speaking Lee HARVEY Oswald boarded the SS Marion Lykes to begin his “defection” to the Soviet Union.

P.S.  I sure hope Steve Thomas can eventually come up with a theory that at least enables the “Harvey Lee Oswald” references to make sense.  In a case with as much conflicting data as this one, my inclination is always to look for a theory that at least explains things simply, and then to test it against the so-called “facts.”  What makes it so difficult, of course, is the amount of pure disinformation now solidly ensconced in the official record.

Jim,

No problems here.  It just struck me that for those who think the Daily Worker was a Russian newspaper, it was not.  It was an American communist newspaper in English started if memory serves about 1920 in Chicago and transferred to New York when that place became the center of communism in the US. 

Besides being a way to show people he was a Communist/Marxist, it could have been a way to keep up with people he once new such as Louis Weinstock.  Grace Gardos occasionally sent articles in from Hungary.  If I am remembering correctly she was their Hungarian reporter.  It would be a way of sending messages to him.   (I still haven't given up the idea that the Gardos and Weinstock were somehow connected to Harvey, perhaps as step parents.)

I don't really have any doubt on this anymore. I always try to remain agnostic on any particular point of fact no matter how large or small. I don't want to even unconsciously support an incorrect assertion simply because I have already taken a public position that I feel the need to defend. I want to be 100% open to new arguments and new evidence as much as possible. This case deserves it.

But it is clear to me there is something to Harvey & Lee. I believe now that there was indeed some sort of organized government Oswald Project that likely dated back several years and quite possibly a decade or more. I do not discount that possibility as unlikely or far-fetched. This Oswald Project was probably intended to create a better spy with an interchangeable identity. I do not claim to understand all, or even most, of the Harvey & Lee theory. My decision to believe that it is likely comes from long-time observations of these debates over Harvey & Lee on this forum, and me trying my best to apply logic and common sense.

It's impossible for me to believe that the use of "Harvey Lee Oswald" on a government document post-assassination would be a simple clerical error, yet I think it was meant to be explained away as a simple error should any questions ever arise. Only months after the assassination, the name Lee Harvey Oswald was emblazoned on everyone's minds. No one is going to make that error on an official document. If they did, someone would have caught it and re-typed it. It appears to me that, more likely than not, "Lee Harvey Oswald" was a name used by two or more people, while "Harvey Lee Oswald" was possibly intended to refer to one specific individual.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 8:53 AM, Jim Hargrove said:

Mr. Bojczuk continues to claim that the mastoidectomy is fatal to Harvey and Lee even though a member of the exhumation team, Dr. Vincent Di Maio, noted that “many World War II-era kids bore the same scar.”  Dr. Linda Norton’s team went on to identify the man in the grave at Rose Hill Cemetery by Marine Corps dental records.

But John Armstrong has proved that there were two men in the USMC at roughly the same time going by the name Lee Harvey Oswald.  One, for example, had a false upper front tooth that failed while in the Marines, while the body exhumed in 1981 had all its front teeth intact.  One LHO in the Marines in 1958 traveled aboard the USS Skagit and was stationed in Ping-Tung Taiwan at the very same time another LHO was treated repeatedly for venereal disease far away in Atsugi, Japan.  One LHO could read, write, and speak the Russian language while still a Marine, the other could not.  From Marine Corps unit diaries and other records, it is easy to see that one Oswald worked with an entirely different group of Marines than the other at numerous times.

Dr. Norton’s team did indeed prove that the man buried in Oak Hill cemetery was Lee Harvey Oswald.  One of them, that is.  I have told Mr. Bojczuk more than once that I disagree with John Armstrong about the mastoidectomy.  I think it was the Russian-speaking Oswald all along that had it, and that Hoover found out and faked a record or two, as he did so often in this case. 

From the internet:

"Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that leaves you firmly convinced of the defendant's guilt. There are very few things in this world that we know with absolute certainty, and in criminal cases the law does not require proof that overcomes every possible doubt."

In this case this the idea of beyond a reasonable doubt applies to the theory of Harvey and Lee and whether or not this theory has validity and plausibility.  Harvey and Lee is beyond reasonable doubt based on facts alone.  The quantifying of beyond reasonable doubt is generally set at the 95% confidence level of statistics.  Some go to a higher level of .01, but at .05 level leaves about 5% uncertainty or falsehood.

Setting aside the comments of the "lone nutters",  I do not think that one can find 5% uncertainty or falsehood in the story of Harvey and Lee.  Maybe closer to .01 for somethings to fit into the category of doubt. 

No one ever gets anything 100% correct in such as massive undertaking such as the production of Harvey and Lee as an example.   There is room for some doubt.  How much doubt in Harvey and Lee.  Very little.  Those who claim that they have the truth concerning Harvey and Lee have to generally resort to deception and bend and distort what they are saying when matched with the research behind Harvey and Lee.  

From Steve Thomas' info:

July 15, 1961- Lee Harvey Oswald employed as an assembler at the Radio-Television plant.  Does this mean he was demoted from regulator in quality control?  Was he no longer needed to supervise in the Experimental Shop?

Regarding Minsk: Logic tells me that the Soviets would easily see Oswald and any other suddenly dissaffected American military types defecting to Russia as obvious spies. The Soviets give Oswald a shell job or two, and then keep him under constant surveillance and away from places spies shouldn't be. The Soviets even manage to get an informant to marry him.

But whoever sent Oswald to Russia in the first place must have known that the Soviets would work under the assumption that Oswald was an obvious spy and therefore would be unlikely to get many opportunities to do some serious spy work. This assumption that Oswald was considered to be a spy would have been confirmed to the US by the fact Oswald got a good-paying skilled factory job very quickly (a job I suspect he never actually worked more than a day or two), and was treated to a comparatively lavish lifestyle. So, did Oswald get any meaningful "spy activities" done during his time in the USSR? In other words, did whoever sent Oswald to Russia ultimately feel that they accomplished their goal?

Denny,

This is just speculation.  I have always felt that Harvey was chosen as the Patsy because he had failed somewhere along the way.  Perhaps in Russia or perhaps in New Orleans.

35 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

Regarding Minsk: Logic tells me that the Soviets would easily see Oswald and any other suddenly dissaffected American military types defecting to Russia as obvious spies. The Soviets give Oswald a shell job or two, and then keep him under constant surveillance and away from places spies shouldn't be. The Soviets even manage to get an informant to marry him

I agree on the idea that Harvey would be seen as an obvious spy.  IMO, he was sent there to be caught and once caught and after a severe interrogation he would turn into a double agent and work for the Russians as a turncoat spy.  He could of said he had turned against America because he had been used by the American government for his whole life.  He could have said he turned against the ONI and CIA for setting him up as a defector and putting him in this situation. 

That was the plan to (here again in my opinion) get radar information to the Soviets in order to shoot down the U2 spy plane and keep the Cold War going by defeating any peace initiatives between Eisenhower and Khrushchev.

In my speculation Harvey is sent to the Minsk Radio-Televison plant's Experimental Shop to provide information on radar devices.  He is said to be sent as a regulator to the Experimental Shop in other words as a supervisor of quality control.  Quality control over what? 

Harvey had to show some kind of value in order for the Russians to give him a superior pay equal to a plant director.  This more than likely had to be something greater than the propaganda benefit of a defecting American to Russia. 

Being crafty Russians they still did not trust Harvey and sent about 30 spies to keep track of him, Marina included.

I go a lot further than any by suggesting Lee Oswald was there also with Harvey playing their favorite Switcheroo game.  This explains some of the things that appear to Harvey and other things that appear to be Lee.  There is no solid proof for this just a few questionable or debatable things. 

I ask the question of how could Harvey accomplish anything in the spying business in Minsk under such intense observation?  My answer is that Lee was switched in there when it came time to provide radar details at the Experimental Shop.  Harvey assumes another identity (the one Lee used to enter the Soviet Union) elsewhere and begins setting up spy networks.  Just speculation again.

Edited by John Butler

21 hours ago, John Butler said:

Harvey Lee Oswald, PFC at Santa Ana at 31 July 1959 

By July 1959, Lee Harvey had been and was released from El Toro in March.

There are most certainly 2 diff signatures on the Helsinki hotels .

From what I remember Lee hated to be called Harvey...

1484847204_oswaldhotelcardsfromhelsinkihavediffsignatureslikeCubanvisaAPP.jpg.bb66966bb4e371bde97a2b3d676d9cf1.jpg

And then figuring who it was in London....
943212567_hELSINKISTAMPON1959PASSPORTPAGE1.jpg.c9b3f63d43d750cf061acbbdbbfc0148.jpg

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

So, did Oswald get any meaningful "spy activities" done during his time in the USSR? In other words, did whoever sent Oswald to Russia ultimately feel that they accomplished their goal?

From a post I made a few years ago....

Did the Warren Commission Publish Oswald’s Intelligence Report?

[On June 18, 1962] Oswald walked into Pauline Bates' office in the Burk Burnett
Building in Fort Worth.  He introduced himself and said, "I saw your
name in the phone book, can you do some typing for me?" Bates, a public stenographer,
asked Oswald what he wanted typed and he replied, "Notes I made in Russia of con­-
ditions there." Bates told him she would do the work for $1.00 per single-spaced page.
Oswald accepted her offer and handed Bates numerous handwritten notes.

Bates recalled that Oswald was very protective of his many notes, some of which were
written on scraps and pieces of paper and stuffed into a manila envelope. Oswald never
left Bates alone with his notes and took all typewritten pages and carbons with him when
he left her office.

Oswald sat in Bates's office for 3 days and helped her read the notes as she
typed. She remembered the notes reflected Oswald's account of his life in Russia where
he had worked 12 hours a day at a factory in Minsk, with no coffee breaks and no vaca­-
tions. He kept voluminous notes on everything, including the price of various foods
which he said tasted monotonous and were not very good.

On June 20, as Bates finished typing the lOth page, Oswald stopped her and
said, "Ten dollars is all I've got," and handed her a $10.00 bill. Bates offered to complete
the work and allow Oswald to pay her later, but he declined her offer and left. She es­-
timated that the project was only 1/3 complete.

Oswald then visited the Criner Career School, a business school located in the
Bewley Building in Fort Worth, and asked if someone could do some typing. Virginia
Valle was a former student who returned to the school to practice typing and shorthand,
and agreed to help. After a few hours Virginia had managed to type four or five sheets,
and Oswald gave her a small sum of money and then left.45

NOTE: The Warren Commission interviewed Bates but never gave her any typewritten
pages to identify as the work she produced for Oswald. They did, however, publish a 31-
page typewritten manuscript, with handwritten notations and corrections, on pages 287-
336 of Volume 16.

--from Harvey and Lee, pp. 395-396, Copyright © 2003 by John Armstrong

Many people here are no doubt aware of this document, but if there are any who aren't, it may come as a surprise.  In an era before widespread communication and spy satellites, before personal computers and the Internet, it's easy to imagine how helpful to American Intel the information in this report would have been.

The whole Bates story may have been part of a cover story, but Oswald's lengthy manuscript is nevertheless fascinating.  Here's the first part of Part I:

------------------------------------------------- 

The lives of Russian workers is governed, first and foremost, by the "collective," the smallest unit of authority in any given factory, plant, or enterprise. Sectional and shop cells form a highly organized and well supported political organization. These shop committees are in turn governed by the shop and section party chiefs who are directed by the factory or plant party secretary. This post carries officially the same amount of authority as the production director or president of the plant, but in reality it is the controlling organ of all activities at any industrial enterprise, whether political, industrial, or otherwise personal relations. The party secretary is responsible for politiical indoctrination of the workers, the discipline of members of the Communist party working at the plant, and the general conduct and appearance of all members.

The Minsk Radio and Television plant is known throughout the Union as a major producer of electronics parts and sets. In this vast enterprise created in the early 50's, the party secretary is a 6'4" man in his early 40's -- has a long history of service to the party. He controls the activities of the 1,000 communist party members here and otherwise supervises the activities of the other 5,000 people employed at this major enterprise in Minsk, the capital of the 3rd ranking Republic Belorussia. 

This factory manufactures 87,000 large and powerful radio and 60,000 television sets in various sizes and ranges, excluding pocket radios, which are not mass produced anywhere in the U.S.S.R. It is this plant which manufactured several console model combination radiophonograph television sets which were shown as mass produced items of commerce before several hundreds of thousands of Americans at the Soviet Exposition in New York in 1959. After the Exhibition these sets were duly shipped back to Minsk and are now stored in a special storage room on the first floor of the Administrative Building -- at this factory, ready for the next international Exhibit.

I worked for 23 months at this plant, a fine example of average and even slightly better than average working conditions. The plant covers an area of 25 acres in a district one block north of the main thoroughfare and only two miles from the center of the City with all facilities and systems for the mass production of radios and televisions; it employees 5,000 full time and 300 part time workers, 58% women and girls. This factory employs 2,000 soldiers in three of the five mainshops, mostly these shops are fitted with conveyor belts in long rows, on either side of which sit the long line of bustling women. 

500 people, during the day shift, are employed on the huge stamp and pressing machines; here sheet metal is turned into metal frames and cabinets for televisions and radios.

Another 500 people are employed in an adjoining building for the cutting and finishing of rough wood into fine polished cabinets. A laborer's process, mostly done by hand, the cutting, trimming, and the processes right up to hand polishing are carried out here at the same plant. The plant also has its own stamp making plant, employing 150 poeple at or assisting at 80 heavy machine lathes and grinders. The noise in this shop is almost deafening as metal grinds against metal and steel saws cut through iron ingots at the rate of an inch a minute. The floor is covered with oil used to drain the heat of metal being worked so one has to watch one's footing; here the workers' hands are as black as the floor and seem to be eternally. The foremen here looks like the Russian version of "John Henry," tall and as strong as an ox. He isn't frilly, but he gets the work out. 

The plant has its electric shop, where those who have finished long courses in electronics work over generators, television tubes, testing experiment of all kinds. The green work tables are filled high here. Electric gadgets are not too reliable, mostly due to the poor quality of wires, which keep burning out under the impact of the ususal 220V____ voltage. In the U.S. it is 110V. 

The plastics department is next. Here 47 women and three physically disabled persons keep the red hot liquid plastic flowing into a store of odd presses, turning out their quota of knobs, handles, non-conducting tube bases, and so forth. These workers suffer the worst condition of work in the plant, an otherwise model factory, for the Soviet Union, due to bad fumes and the hotness of the materials. These workers are awarded 30 days vacation a year, the maximum for workers. Automation is now employed at a fairly large number of factories, especially the war industry. However, for civilian use, their number is still small. 

At this plant at least one worker is employed in the often crude task of turning out finished, acceptable items. Often, one worker must finish the task of taking the edge of metal off plastic and shaving them on a foot driver lathe. There is only so much potentiality in presses and stamps, no matter what their size. 

The lack of unemployment in the Soviet Union may be explained by one of 2 things. Lack of automation and a Bureaucratic corps of 16 workers in any given factory. These people are occupied with the tons of paperwork which flow in and out of any factory. Also the number of direct foremen is not small to the ratio of workers in some case 1-10, in others 1-5, depending on the importance of the work. 

These people are also backed by a small array of examiners, committees and supply checkers and the quality control board. These people number (without foremen) almost 300 people, total working force 5,000 -- 3-50 without foreman. 

To delve deep into the lives of the workers, we shall visit most of the shops one after another and get to know the people. The largest shop employs 500 people; 85% women and girls; females make up 60% of the work force at this plant. 

Here girls solder and screw the chassis to the frame attaching, transistors, tubes and so forth. They each have quotas depending upon what kind of work they are engaged in. One girl may solder 5 transistors in four minutes while the next girl solders 15 wire leads in 13 minutes. The pay scales here vary but slightly with average pay at 80 rubles without deductions. Deductions include 7 rubles, general tax, 2.50 rubles for bachelors and unmarried girls and any deductions for poor or careless work the inspectors may care to make further down the line. They start teams of two mostly boys of 17 or 18, turning the telvisions on the conveyor belts right side up, from where there has been soldering to a position where they place picture tubes onto the supports. These boys receive for a 39 hour week, 65-70 rubles, not counting deductions. Further on, others are filling tubes and parts around the picture tube itself, all along the line there are testing apparatus with operators hurriedly afix shape type testing currents, and withdrawing the snaps that fitting out a testers card, pass the equipment back on the conveyor, speed here is essential. 

The full text of this report can be read at John McAdams' website at this address:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/thecollective.htm

2 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

But it is clear to me there is something to Harvey & Lee. I believe now that there was indeed some sort of organized government Oswald Project that likely dated back several years and quite possibly a decade or more... It's impossible for me to believe that the use of "Harvey Lee Oswald" on a government document post-assassination would be a simple clerical error, yet I think it was meant to be explained away as a simple error should any questions ever arise.

Denny

9. OSWALD CASE-REFERENCE IS MADE TO THE ATTACHED C

COPY OF AN INCOMING STATE DEPARTMENT TELEGRAM DATED 19 DECEMBER 1963, IN CONNECTION WITH THE HARVEY LEE OSWALD CASE

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=5921&search=%22Harvey_Lee+Oswald%22#relPageId=2&tab=page

To: Chief/Research Branch/SRS/OS Date: December 30, 1963

Subject: Oswald Case

1. Reference is made to the attached copy of an incoming State Department telegram dated 19 December 1963, in conjunction with the Harvey Lee Oswald case (see Tab A). This telegram concerns a Mr. and Mrs. DeMohrenschildt who appear to have lived in Dallas, Texas, but on 2 June 1963 went to Haiti and have not since returned to the United States.
    1. (Tab A is not included with this memo)

The Harvey Lee Oswald name can't be attributed to a simple inversion, or a mistake, or a typo. It appears in too many places. You have it showing up in CIA files, Secret Service Files, Military Intelligence files, Army and Navy files, FBI files, and local law enforcement files. I believe that a dossier on a Harvey Lee Oswald was circulated or shared across many different intelligence agencies. Now when that dossier was started, and by whom and for what purpose, are open questions.

I agree with Peter Dales Scott when he wrote, "

This "Harvey Lee Oswald" reference is no accidental anomaly, but part of an organized pattern, widely dispersed, that suggests an official intelligence deception (and possible dual filing system). Serial 02296-E of 27 Jun 60 is the earliest Harvey Lee Oswald reference we now possess of over two dozen, from the files of ONI, FBI, CIA, Army Intelligence, the Secret Service, the Mexican Secret Police (DFS), and the Dallas Police.9

9 . For a discussion and incomplete list, see Peter Dale Scott, Deep Politics Two, 80, 85-89, 118-19, 142-49.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, David Josephs said:

By July 1959, Lee Harvey had been and was released from El Toro in March.

There are most certainly 2 diff signatures on the Helsinki hotels .

From what I remember Lee hated to be called Harvey...

1484847204_oswaldhotelcardsfromhelsinkihavediffsignatureslikeCubanvisaAPP.jpg.bb66966bb4e371bde97a2b3d676d9cf1.jpg

And then figuring who it was in London....
943212567_hELSINKISTAMPON1959PASSPORTPAGE1.jpg.c9b3f63d43d750cf061acbbdbbfc0148.jpg

David,

Thanks much for this info.  It looks to be very important.  I, too remember reading that Lee hated to be called Harvey.

Would you happen to know the date for the two Oswald signatures in Finland? 

The London airport dates to 10 Oct., 1959 which is to say Helsinki at around the 10th or just after?

The Steenbarger interview is dated to mid-October.  It would be interesting to have a more accurate date for that.  It puts Lee Oswald in Germany in mid-October.

Now for the big question.  Does the two Oswald signatures relate to both Harvey and Lee in Finland at the same time?

If so that puts Lee closer to Russia and my speculations.

Edited by John Butler