The Education Forum

Tipping Point now on Amazon

Tipping Point is now available for order in the print version on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Tipping-Point-Conspiracy-Murdered-President/dp/173644090X/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=tipping+point+hancock&qid=1617207373&s=books&sr=1-2#reader_173644090X

It contains some new commentary and elaboration based on feedback on the serialized version as well as some new information, including discussion of one new and possibly significant CIA officer who has never really been on the radar before this (thanks to the ongoing work of David Boylan). It also contains an index which should prove very useful to serious readers  - the indexing does include a number of crypts as well).

Rex is working on getting the Kindle version up (but working with Amazon on Kindle can be challenging) as well as further information on the book and some early reviews by some familiar names in the JFK community.  As always, good reviews from readers are always most welcome.

As noted earlier, all proceeds from the sales will go to the work of the Mary Ferrell Foundation.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the subjects that is covered in Tipping Point is the Rodriguez brothers - Arnesto (sometimes spelled Ernesto) and Emilio. Both have roles in the Oswald story. Arnesto was a close friend of Carlos Bringuier and an acquaintance of Oswald. Oswald had approached Arnesto about learning Spanish at the Berlitz School of Languages in New Orleans. Arnesto hoped to keep his connection with Oswald quiet. Unfortunately his mother-in-law outed him and told authorities in Mexico City that "Ernesto" had tape recordings of Oswald. Arnesto was also and FBI informant reporting to SA Warren DeBrueys. His friend Carlos Bringuier was also an FBI informant. Arnesto claimed that LHO had only approached him about learning Spanish but I suspect that the relationship was a bit more extensive than that much like his contacts with Carlos.

Two of the more puzzling entries in Oswald's notebook were the names and addresses of Lincoln Rockwell (American N*zi Party) and Dan Burros (American National Party). Rockwell was fairly well known, was a friend of Guy Bannister and had visited New Orleans. One of Rockwell's supporters in New Orleans was Arnesto Rodriguez. It isn't too much of a leap to speculate that Arnesto and Oswald had talked about both Rockwell and Burros.

Arnesto was also involved in acquiring weapons and was working with the local National Guard. This is an interesting doc. Was Capt Scholl working for the CIA or Army Intel?

Bringuier has sign from Arnesto 

Arnesto and Bringuier with tape and transcript of LHO and Butler

William Turner interview. ER was leader of the anti-Arcacha group

Edited by David Boylan

Tipping Point, like all Larry Hancock’s books, is exceptionally well researched and I’d suggest the best analysis of what might be termed the ‘minimalist conspiracy’ school of thought, at least in terms of the who and why of the assassination.

I would cordially disagree with the author on some elements of the physical events during the shooting, but that is not the main focus of the work and does not alter my opinion that this is essential reading for anyone seriously interested in understanding these events in terms of historical reality. Any more complex conspiracy scenario will need to include this scenario within itself to be consistent with the evidence, barring some major new development.

well done on yet another first class book

Much appreciated Anthony!   And to follow up on David's post and for anyone reading it now one of the key points to consider is the New Orleans - Miami linkage involving the Rodriguez brothers - Arnesto (sometimes spelled Ernesto) and Emilio. 

Connecting Oswald's first anti-Castro contact in New Orleans (an individual key to the propaganda effort which later developed his Castro/Cuba image) with a senior SAS field officer in Miami, an individual close to both David Morales and Tony Sforza and involved in active political action work against Cuban foreign officers both at the UN and in Mexico City is critical to understanding how the conspiracy jelled in the early fall of 1963.

And if David keeps working, we may be able to further develop yet another lead that will trace directly back to the operations group at WAVE circa September, 1963. 

Good to see Warren Debrueys mentioned; his connection to Oswald in New Orleans has been covered up.

In Carlos Bringuier's 2013 book, he mentions that in September 1963 it was DeBruey's that informed him Oswald had moved out of town. How did DuBrueys know that?  Additionally, earlier in 1963, DeBrueys had been pressuring Bringuier for information on DRE; information on other members, plans etc.  Clearly CIA was not sharing anything about DRE with the FBI.

Better late than never....Amazon UK finally has TP on site.  My copy was delivered in just 48hrs.

Larry is lined up to give a talk to DPUK next month (19th June) so I have plenty of time to study this book.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Better late than never....Amazon UK finally has TP on site.  My copy was delivered in just 48hrs.

Larry is lined up to give a talk to DPUK next month (19th June) so I have plenty of time to study this book.

Will the DPUK talk possibly be available on a video link?  I also will be finished with time to go back and highlight passages on earmarked pages and make notes by then.  An interactive Q & A would be cool.

9 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Much appreciated Anthony!   And to follow up on David's post and for anyone reading it now one of the key points to consider is the New Orleans - Miami linkage involving the Rodriguez brothers - Arnesto (sometimes spelled Ernesto) and Emilio. 

Connecting Oswald's first anti-Castro contact in New Orleans (an individual key to the propaganda effort which later developed his Castro/Cuba image) with a senior SAS field officer in Miami, an individual close to both David Morales and Tony Sforza and involved in active political action work against Cuban foreign officers both at the UN and in Mexico City is critical to understanding how the conspiracy jelled in the early fall of 1963.

And if David keeps working, we may be able to further develop yet another lead that will trace directly back to the operations group at WAVE circa September, 1963. 

Well, that's pretty much giving David his marching orders!

Actually he had already started and I'm sort of following along in his wake...grin.  

Also, the DPUK session will be on Zoom.  It will be an overview of Tipping Point along with some expanded remarks about JFK at the Bay of Pigs, revisiting the extent to which false blame for the failure of the effort was embedded with the WAVE station personnel and the Cuban exiles by Bissell following the disaster.

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Will the DPUK talk possibly be available on a video link?  I also will be finished with time to go back and highlight passages on earmarked pages and make notes by then.  An interactive Q & A would be cool.

Ron, These Zoom seminars are usually recorded and then put up on DPUK's website.  I'm sure after Larry's presentation there will be a Q & A.

The Zoom invite only goes to DPUK members so if you want to be included you have to join...details on the website.  We do have members Stateside.

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Well, that's pretty much giving David his marching orders!

Ha! I do have my orders. lol

With Arnesto's brother Emilio, you now have a direct link to JMWAVE. Emilio was in the FI (Foreign Intelligence) section. He was under deep cover and would travel to most of Latin America, sometimes Europe, and occasionally to the UN. His main task was to recruit Government assets. Mostly Cuban diplomats. His supervisor evaluated him as one of the top 2-3 in his position and wrote that he could fill any CI (Counter Intelligence) or CA (Covert Action) role.

Here's some background on Emilio by John Newman and Alan Kent - 2017 JFK Document Release Shows Former Intelligence Analyst Got It Right - WhoWhatWhy

Carlos Bringuier and Arnesto attending a JBS meeting. - https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=81679#relPageId=2

Edited by David Boylan

David...

That is very interesting and I think I can see where you are going with this in terms of a short path for information to move between New Orleans and Miami involving operational level people who knew each other very well and trusted each other. Is that understanding correct?

There is also the resistance to releasing the Joannides files which may (or may not) be relevant...but they would relate more to the formal lines of communication between the DRE and JMWAVE...still I’d very interested to see what is in them. This is certainly an area where there is more to learn and I’m glad we have people expert enough to keep moving forward.

Its important to appreciate that David's new work is actually twofold.  And it means that we now know of three different paths that would have carried information about Oswald to Miami:

The personal connection between the Rodriquez brothers which would have taken it to a key SAS foreign intelligence office tasked with counter intelligence duties at both the UN and Mexico City.

The DRE group connection which took the same information from New Orleans to its office in Miami and from there too other anti-Castro groups

The DRE group connection in Miami which took information to SAS case officers in Miami

But beyond that David had opened up the door to the circulation of that same information inside the Miami office, the first due to the fact that SAS officers there had their performance reviews done by Wave Deputy Chief of Station Moore and the fact that Tony Sforza's AMOTS supported SAS counter intelligence activities including those carried out in Mexico City.

Over to you David...