The Education Forum

Richard Nagell Letter Decoded

Calvin, I think "Big Mother Busher" is a misspelling/mistransliteration of Nagell's frequent "Mother Rusher" description of Russia. 

"Mother Russia" (a common Russian phrase) turned into a euphemism for "mother******."

"Double Man" = double-agent, just as "Triple Man Zero" = triple-agent Nagell.  So, can we peg Tracy Barnes as a double-agent?

What do you make of the letter's strange subplot involving silver coinage?  A reference to JFK's silver-backed currency that challenged the Fed?

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

"Double Man" = double-agent, just as "Triple Man Zero" = triple-agent Nagell.  So, can we peg Tracy Barnes as a double-agent?

Not a double agent in the conventional sense of that word. What I think Nagell was doing here in referencing a "single" "double" or "triple" was the relationship of a person to the conspiracy. Single-man Snerd describes a conspirator, loyal to the operation.

Double-Man Abe refers to a man who is peripherally involved in the conspiracy, or is aware of it, but is not loyal to the conspirators. In this reference, we have Tracey Barnes figuring out some kind of conspiracy is underway and he uses his own assets to investigate to find out more. He's a "double" insofar as he is not loyal to the conspirators, he is in a position to know something, but is not just silently going along. He's actively trying to find out more, presumably because he doesn't agree with the conspirators.

That is how I view these designations. Nagell is talking about a person being a "double agent" of the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy, rather than a literal double agent working for U.S. and Soviet intelligence.

Nagell suggests that it is the the "Snerd" character that first gets wind of a plot to kill JFK and reports it to Barnes, who then sends Nagell to see what's going on. 

I don't think Snerd is a plotter. Would definitely like to know who he is though. IMO, the Bush family wasn't involved in a plot to kill JFK and I think it's a waste of time trying to find evidence they were. 

59 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

Not a double agent in the conventional sense of that word. What I think Nagell was doing here in referencing a "single" "double" or "triple" was the relationship of a person to the conspiracy. Single-man Snerd describes a conspirator, loyal to the operation.

Double-Man Abe refers to a man who is peripherally involved in the conspiracy, or is aware of it, but is not loyal to the conspirators. In this reference, we have Tracey Barnes figuring out some kind of conspiracy is underway and he uses his own assets to investigate to find out more. He's a "double" insofar as he is not loyal to the conspirators, he is in a position to know something, but is not just silently going along. He's actively trying to find out more, presumably because he doesn't agree with the conspirators.

That is how I view these designations. Nagell is talking about a person being a "double agent" of the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy, rather than a literal double agent working for U.S. and Soviet intelligence.

Well, I'm reverse-engineering from Nagell's self-designation as "Triple-Man Zero," seen as referring to Nagell being a US operative who was forcibly doubled by accepting a mission from the infamous double, "Bob," but who then acted against the Russians for the US.

Under this logic, there might be some connection between "Bob" and the "Double-Man," or not.

Calvin - I was right contextually but wrong textually: Nagell uses "Mother Rusher" for "Mother Russia," but - as you point out - does name a character "Big Mother Busher."  It's not a typo.  I was confused.

"Big Mother Busher" seems to refer to Fidel Castro and his beard.

Before visit to Little D, Young Regent also thinking of effecting rapprochement with Isle of Cuber, establishing nicer rapport with Isle of Cuber's Big Mother Busher. Strange!  [...]

Meanwhile, Single-Man named "Snerd" gets wind of Xmas Present Caper and going-on at Bravo Club. Snerd is Isle of Cuber's Big Mother Busher's illegitimate son.

So, literally or metaphorically, who might Castro's "illegitimate son" be?

Apparently he went back to Cuba:

Snerd crawls back inside Big Mother Busher's womb, dies.

+++

Here's some reddit-style fun on the Greenstein letter that I found.  Barnes is suggested as Abe Greenbaum within:

https://alt.conspiracy.jfk.narkive.com/gHFdYhey/arthur-greenstein-as-abe-greenbaum

Edited by David Andrews

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Calvin - I was right contextually but wrong textually: Nagell uses "Mother Rusher" for "Mother Russia," but - as you point out - does name a character "Big Mother Busher."  It's not a typo.  I was confused.

"Big Mother Busher" seems to refer to Fidel Castro and his beard.

Before visit to Little D, Young Regent also thinking of effecting rapprochement with Isle of Cuber, establishing nicer rapport with Isle of Cuber's Big Mother Busher. Strange!  [...]

Meanwhile, Single-Man named "Snerd" gets wind of Xmas Present Caper and going-on at Bravo Club. Snerd is Isle of Cuber's Big Mother Busher's illegitimate son.

So, literally or metaphorically, who might Castro's "illegitimate son" be?

Apparently he went back to Cuba:

Snerd crawls back inside Big Mother Busher's womb, dies.

+++

Here's some reddit-style fun on the Greenstein letter that I found.  Barnes is suggested as Abe Greenbaum within:

https://alt.conspiracy.jfk.narkive.com/gHFdYhey/arthur-greenstein-as-abe-greenbaum

I looked into this  right now and I believe that "Snerd crawls back inside Big Mother Busher's womb, dies" is reference to one of the Anti Castro Cubans who tried to assassinated Castro ended up failing

Edited by Calvin Ye

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Calvin, I think "Big Mother Busher" is a misspelling/mistransliteration of Nagell's frequent "Mother Rusher" description of Russia. 

"Mother Russia" (a common Russian phrase) turned into a euphemism for "mother******."

What do you make of the letter's strange subplot involving silver coinage?  A reference to JFK's silver-backed currency that challenged the Fed?

I believe the letter is giving out clues and referencing things

1 hour ago, Calvin Ye said:

I believe the letter is giving out clues and referencing things

It most certainly is.

I imagine when this letter was written Nagell assumed no one besides Greenstein would ever see it; unless it was intercepted, in which case he'd think only spooks would be reading it. I doubt at that moment while he was in prison he foresaw a scenario where 50+ years later anyone could read it anywhere at any time.

It is him condensing his experience all the way to the moment he went into the bank. And then speculating on everything that happened after that,

29 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

It most certainly is.

I imagine when this letter was written Nagell assumed no one besides Greenstein would ever see it; unless it was intercepted, in which case he'd think only spooks would be reading it. I doubt at that moment while he was in prison he foresaw a scenario where 50+ years later anyone could read it anywhere at any time.

It is him condensing his experience all the way to the moment he went into the bank. And then speculating on everything that happened after that,

Can Nagell be used as an reliable source?