The Education Forum

All the "High" or "Connected" People Who Did Not Believe the WC, or Its Key Findings

Desmond Fitzgerald and Samuel Halpern.  Per Bill Kelly, "Well Samuel Halpern was an assistant to CIA official Desmond FitzGerald, who was encouraging AMLASH to kill Castro – with a high powered rifle. Halpern and FitzGerald were having lunch together in Geogetown when they learned of the assassination, and as they were leaving FitzGerald remarked that he wondered wheather “his Cubans” – the Pathfinder Cubans trained at JMWAVE, were involved, as they were the ones paid and trained to kill Castro." DAP also wondered out loud if the Cubans trained to kill Castro ended up killing JFK.

10 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

You could say it was just a slur on Israel, his enemies. But, I would hazard a guess that there was shared intelligence between Libya, Egypt and other nations in the region that were on a knife edge with Israel. That may have come from that region and not the US. There are a few threads running on the Israel theory but, for me, its just another reason for the ‘power elite’ to whack him. As JFK surmised himself after reading 7 Days In May; he felt it would take 3 Bay of Pigs style events to make him ripe for a coup in the USA. 
I am happy to say the reasons were financial mostly and strategic. He exceeded his forecast of 3. 

I am interested in compiling a list of well-connected US figures, or on-the-scene professionals (Secret Service, technicians at the autopsy) who thought WC fell down on the job, but not researchers and journalists, though the latter two categories are important. 

Evidently, Vincent P. has compiled such a list. 

11 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Desmond Fitzgerald and Samuel Halpern.  Per Bill Kelly, "Well Samuel Halpern was an assistant to CIA official Desmond FitzGerald, who was encouraging AMLASH to kill Castro – with a high powered rifle. Halpern and FitzGerald were having lunch together in Geogetown when they learned of the assassination, and as they were leaving FitzGerald remarked that he wondered wheather “his Cubans” – the Pathfinder Cubans trained at JMWAVE, were involved, as they were the ones paid and trained to kill Castro." DAP also wondered out loud if the Cubans trained to kill Castro ended up killing JFK.

Chuck S--Excellent, thank you.

Yes, the number of reasonable, clued-in people who immediately suspected the CIA, such as RFK, is rather shocking. 

15 hours ago, Dan Rice said:

Fidel Castro and Charles de Gaulle would be two more.

Dan R-

That's right. One might exclude Castro as having an agenda. 

de Gaulle was the Swiss Cheese president. So many attempts were made on de Gaulle the assassins must have thought they can shoot at him but not hit anything.  de Gaulle's lifetime record is tremendous. 

24 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Bertrand Russell

I'll take Russell for $400.

Yes sir!  I'll see you on that one and raise to $1000 on Khrushchev.  He knew they didn't do it.