The Education Forum

COUP IN DALLAS

Someone who tries to overthrow the government

and kill the vice-president and the speaker of the House

while attacking the Congress while it is in session

to determine the outcome of a presidential election is not a conservative.

Edited by Joseph McBride

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

and kill the vice-president and speaker of the House

while attacking the House while it is in session

I’ve been trying to make that point - thank you

7 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’ve been trying to make that point - thank you

As have we.

Bringing this back to the original post, we identified an extreme element who may have posed as "conservative" within their own small world in 1963 — Robert G. Storey, Algur Meadows and Jack Crichton in Dallas come to mind —  but who in fact were aligned with and profiting from an international, extreme, authoritarian ideology intent on destroying any move toward democracy e.g. labor rights, regulation, taxation, on an international scale.

This history, in context of current events, should not be discarded lightly — a point I'm attempting to make with Mr. Griffith.

The debate over the term "conservatism", in my opinion, is a canard.  We are hopefully staring down the rise of the extreme right yet again. 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

" . . .conservatism" . . . is a canard."  Agree.

I would not doubt that some see "liberalism" as being "extreme left".  That too, a canard.

On the social scale, the extreme right and the extreme left are both authoritarian.

Typically, neither works out very well for the masses.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:53 AM, Ron Ege said:

" . . .conservatism" . . . is a canard."  Agree.

I would not doubt that some see "liberalism" as being "extreme left".  That too, a canard.

On the social scale, the extreme right and the extreme left are both authoritarian.

Typically, neither works out very well for the masses.

I agree, Ron, in theory, but Albarelli's investigation into the assassination of JFK did not uncover "extreme left, authoritarian" operatives.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Sigh. . . .  Just sigh. . . .  I'm sorry, but that is downright crazy talk. That is not what happened. I utterly and totally condemn the riot, but to describe it the way you do is erroneous, harmful, and hyper-partisan. 

And what in the world does any of this have to do with the JFK assassination? 

That is exactly what happened. I don't know if you

read newspapers or watch the news on TV or if you

are simply in denial. As for the connections of the

JFK assassination to 1/6, see my book POLITICAL

TRUTH: THE MEDIA AND THE ASSASSINATION

OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY, which traces how the

breakdown of belief and faith in the government following

the Coup of 1963 led inevitably

to many other ills in the body politic, including the attempted coup by Trump.

Edited by Joseph McBride

When it comes to the JFK case, I simply do not care what someone thinks about the 1/6 issue. I see no point is discussing the issue in a JFK forum, (1) because it has nothing to do with the case, and (2) because people who are interested in the JFK case do not all hold the same views on the 1/6 matter. 

I learned long ago that very intelligent persons can be severely wrong on one issue but rock solid on another issue. Sometimes it boils down to a matter of interpretation, to the fact that individuals can interpret the same body of facts very differently. 

I can agree to disagree with someone on non-JFK-related issues and still value their views on the JFK case. For example, I think Mark Lane's book on the Vietnam War is total garbage (even the very anti-war Neil Sheehan savaged the book in the New York Times Book Review). But, I think Lane did outstanding work on the JFK case. I think the interviews he did for his 1967 documentary were historic and crucial; in fact, I include a link to the documentary on my JFK site. Yet, I would not touch his Vietnam War stuff with a 10-foot poll.

Edited by Michael Griffith

I love how Mr. Griffith denies 1/6 had any connection

to 11/22 and maintains that without reading a recent book that

argues that case.  Rejecting an argument without

reading about it is a common way to maintain one's beliefs,

especially if they are drawn from a limited information

base chosen according to predisposition.

Edited by Joseph McBride

Well, here goes: On the off chance that anyone wants to read some conservative articles about the January 6 riot and the January 6 committee, see below. These articles debunk the major myths that most news outlets have been repeating about the riot and the committee--I've seen the same myths repeated several times in this thread and in others.

https://spectator.org/jan-6-seven-democrat-lies/

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/january-6-insurrection-hoax/

https://100percentfedup.com/the-six-biggest-lies-about-january-6th/

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-truth-happened-jan-6-unknown

https://www.nationandstate.com/2022/08/08/sperry-lies-damned-lies-the-january-6-committee/

Michael, thank you.

Perhaps, seemingly to some, you are just a "bewildered voice in the wilderness" - but I would also guess many appreciate what "you bring to the table."

I would think that there should always be room here, for dissenting voices.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:00 AM, Michael Griffith said:

When it comes to the JFK case, I simply do not care what someone thinks about the 1/6 issue. I see no point is discussing the issue in a JFK forum, (1) because it has nothing to do with the case, and (2) because people who are interested in the JFK case do not all hold the same views on the 1/6 matter. 

I learned long ago that very intelligent persons can be severely wrong on one issue but rock solid on another issue. Sometimes it boils down to a matter of interpretation, to the fact that individuals can interpret the same body of facts very differently. 

I can agree to disagree with someone on non-JFK-related issues and still value their views on the JFK case. For example, I think Mark Lane's book on the Vietnam War is total garbage (even the very anti-war Neil Sheehan savaged the book in the New York Times Book Review). But, I think Lane did outstanding work on the JFK case. I think the interviews he did for his 1967 documentary were historic and crucial; in fact, I include a link to the documentary on my JFK site. Yet, I would not touch his Vietnam War stuff with a 10-foot poll.

Several weeks before Hank Albarelli suffered a health crisis that would soon take his life in June 2019, he summarized for this coauthor, I think serious consideration should be given now to doing 3-4 end pages that speak generally to Fourth Reich. Rise of—revamped to these times but true Nazism—good way to end the book. 

Excerpt: 

' . . . McCarthy’s search for communists was aided by Kohlberg’s alliance with FBI director J. Edgar Hoover to compile the infamous Red Channel book that blacklisted individuals in television and radio. Germane to the arcane aspects as this analysis, an area Albarelli never shied from, Kohlberg was known for playing on the “dark side,” planting innuendo and casting doubt on the loyalties of his targets. Blackmail of adversaries was not beneath any within his milieu which included McCarthy’s counsel, Roy Cohn. A close friend and advisor to Massachusetts businessman Robert Welch, cofounder of the John Birch Society, Kohlberg served on the original national council of the Birch Society where, prior to his death in 1960, he would have interacted with Robert Morris and Generals Willoughby and Walker—all of whom were central to this investigation into the assassination of President Kennedy.

Once described by Rhodes Scholar and Princeton professor John V. Fleming as a “notorious reactionary if not an outright Fascist,” Isaac Levine had evolved rapidly, both philosophically and politically, toward rabid anti-communism. It was Levine who had advised a young congressman, Richard Nixon, that Levine’s colleague Whittaker Chambers, a writer and editor for Luce’s Time magazine had confirmed to Asst. Sec. of State Adolf Berle that his low-level State Department official was a Soviet spy. Algur Hiss, the official, was charged with espionage. His trial and conviction contributed to the lingering atmosphere of paranoia following the Amerasia scandal, the first major US spy case of the post-World War II era, and set the stage for what would descend into aggressive red-baiting of any who might harbor even the most innocuous communist sympathies. 

After the guilty verdict in the Hiss trial was announced, an exuberant Joe McCarthy officially launched his career in Wheeling, West Virginia with an infamous speech titled “Enemies from Within.” That day he became the country’s most vocal, visible anti-communist, but his personal notoriety barely disguised the wealthy corporatist forces behind him in a campaign to instill fear and distrust throughout the government and the population writ large. Eventually, this thin veneer of anti-communism would be exposed as Protofascism. Inevitably the Cold War heated up, and Isaac Levine, who had sown the seeds for the Hiss trial with his friend and esteemed statesman Adolf Berle, became a major voice of anti-Soviet propaganda.

In another example of the far-right backing Senator Joe McCarthy enjoyed was fascist sympathizer J. Russell Maguire of Thompson Machine Guns, dealt with at length in an early chapter of this book. Maguire’s American Mercury magazine had promoted American poopoo George Lincoln Rockwell, as well as providing an audience for a young Christian evangelical Rev. Billy Graham, and FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. 

Maguire’s magazine was eventually sold off to a shadow company of Willis Carto with General Edwin Walker remaining on as military advisor and partial owner. It was Carto who single handedly brought Holocaust Denial to the US around the same time that McCarthy and his team, including Roy Cohn [political and business mentor to Donald J. Trump] launched their red-baiting. It cannot be ignored that Carto’s final propaganda sheet, American Free Press provided a venue for a number of reporters and journalists who in the mid 2000s would infiltrate the Kennedy assassination research efforts under the guise of truth seeking that they sold as being in alignment with John F. Kennedy’s philosophy and policies had he lived to serve out his term. In fact, history insists that contributors to AFP are closely aligned with Carto’s legacy, not that of John F. Kennedy.'

We really should find time to discuss the Monterrey Language Institute.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Several weeks before Hank Albarelli suffered a health crisis that would soon take his life in June 2019, he summarized for this coauthor, I think serious consideration should be given now to doing 3-4 end pages that speak generally to Fourth Reich. Rise of—revamped to these times but true Nazism—good way to end the book. 

Excerpt: 

' . . . McCarthy’s search for communists was aided by Kohlberg’s alliance with FBI director J. Edgar Hoover to compile the infamous Red Channel book that blacklisted individuals in television and radio. Germane to the arcane aspects as this analysis, an area Albarelli never shied from, Kohlberg was known for playing on the “dark side,” planting innuendo and casting doubt on the loyalties of his targets. Blackmail of adversaries was not beneath any within his milieu which included McCarthy’s counsel, Roy Cohn. A close friend and advisor to Massachusetts businessman Robert Welch, cofounder of the John Birch Society, Kohlberg served on the original national council of the Birch Society where, prior to his death in 1960, he would have interacted with Robert Morris and Generals Willoughby and Walker—all of whom were central to this investigation into the assassination of President Kennedy.

Once described by Rhodes Scholar and Princeton professor John V. Fleming as a “notorious reactionary if not an outright Fascist,” Isaac Levine had evolved rapidly, both philosophically and politically, toward rabid anti-communism. It was Levine who had advised a young congressman, Richard Nixon, that Levine’s colleague Whittaker Chambers, a writer and editor for Luce’s Time magazine had confirmed to Asst. Sec. of State Adolf Berle that his low-level State Department official was a Soviet spy. Algur Hiss, the official, was charged with espionage. His trial and conviction contributed to the lingering atmosphere of paranoia following the Amerasia scandal, the first major US spy case of the post-World War II era, and set the stage for what would descend into aggressive red-baiting of any who might harbor even the most innocuous communist sympathies. 

After the guilty verdict in the Hiss trial was announced, an exuberant Joe McCarthy officially launched his career in Wheeling, West Virginia with an infamous speech titled “Enemies from Within.” That day he became the country’s most vocal, visible anti-communist, but his personal notoriety barely disguised the wealthy corporatist forces behind him in a campaign to instill fear and distrust throughout the government and the population writ large. Eventually, this thin veneer of anti-communism would be exposed as Protofascism. Inevitably the Cold War heated up, and Isaac Levine, who had sown the seeds for the Hiss trial with his friend and esteemed statesman Adolf Berle, became a major voice of anti-Soviet propaganda.

In another example of the far-right backing Senator Joe McCarthy enjoyed was fascist sympathizer J. Russell Maguire of Thompson Machine Guns, dealt with at length in an early chapter of this book. Maguire’s American Mercury magazine had promoted American poopoo George Lincoln Rockwell, as well as providing an audience for a young Christian evangelical Rev. Billy Graham, and FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. 

Maguire’s magazine was eventually sold off to a shadow company of Willis Carto with General Edwin Walker remaining on as military advisor and partial owner. It was Carto who single handedly brought Holocaust Denial to the US around the same time that McCarthy and his team, including Roy Cohn [political and business mentor to Donald J. Trump] launched their red-baiting. It cannot be ignored that Carto’s final propaganda sheet, American Free Press provided a venue for a number of reporters and journalists who in the mid 2000s would infiltrate the Kennedy assassination research efforts under the guise of truth seeking that they sold as being in alignment with John F. Kennedy’s philosophy and policies had he lived to serve out his term. In fact, history insists that contributors to AFP are closely aligned with Carto’s legacy, not that of John F. Kennedy.'

We really should find time to discuss the Monterrey Language Institute.

Please continue Leslie.  The Monterrey Language Institute, in relation to Oswald?