The Education Forum

Merry Christmas

Ron Bulman

On 12/25/2021 at 10:42 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Merry Christmas, folks!

We finally got some snow in the Colorado Rockies this week, but we need more.

9536487_37962.gif

Maybe some of this is coming your way.  Mid 20's here Saturday night, no snow predicted though.

Photos: Record snowfall blankets Sierra Nevada (msn.com)

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Maybe some of this is coming your way.  Mid 20's here Saturday night, no snow predicted though.

Photos: Record snowfall blankets Sierra Nevada (msn.com)

Ron,

We finally got some much needed snow in the mountains here-- 50 inches in Crested Butte yesterday (!) -- but Denver and the Front Range are still experiencing historic drought conditions.  It was the driest autumn on record here in Denver.

As for Christmas, my wife and I both tested positive for COVID on Christmas morning!  It's probably the Omicron variant, because we're both fully vaccinated.

We've both had symptoms of the common cold -- cough, sneezing, sinusitis, and fatigue-- that seem to be resolving.  Nothing serious.

Omicron seems to be spreading like wildfire, partly because of the short (3 day) incubation period.   People should be cautious.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

We finally got some much needed snow in the mountains here-- 50 inches in Crested Butte yesterday (!) -- but Denver and the Front Range are still experiencing historic drought conditions.  It was the driest autumn on record here in Denver.

As for Christmas, my wife and I both tested positive for COVID on Christmas morning!  It's probably the Omicron variant, because we're both fully vaccinated.

We've both had symptoms of the common cold -- cough, sneezing, sinusitis, and fatigue-- that seem to be resolving.  Nothing serious.

Omicron seems to be spreading like wildfire, partly because of the short (3 day) incubation period.   People should be cautious.

That's horrible W. Take care!!

On 12/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Hope it's still nothing serious.  Regarding Colorado weather though I guess your well aware of this.  80 - 100 mph winds pushing wildfires north of Boulder.

Hundreds of structures lost amid fast-spreading fires: Live updates (msn.com)

52 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hope it's still nothing serious.  Regarding Colorado weather though I guess your well aware of this.  80 - 100 mph winds pushing wildfires north of Boulder.

Hundreds of structures lost amid fast-spreading fires: Live updates (msn.com)

Ron,

Extremely windy here today, and I could see some of the smoke from the Boulder County fires over the Front Range this afternoon.

I've never seen it this dry in Denver.  Fortunately, it's supposed to snow on New Year's Eve tomorrow night.

Since this thread is still active, and it's not yet New Years . . .  I don't take the tree and decorations down until after that date.  So, Christmas is not officially over yet.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Fortunately, it's supposed to snow on New Year's Eve tomorrow night.

Your New Years snow storm is here in Utah right now and the snow is coming down thick and strong. Weather report says we'll have 6 inches in the morning, but we already have half that now. I won't be surprised if we wake up with a foot of snow. Good thing my wife has the day off.