Jump to content
The Education Forum

Oliver Stone discusses the JFKA on the Joe Rogan Podcast


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ken Martinson said:

On the Joe Rogan podcast, at 1:13:30 Oliver Stone says: If there was an assassination team on the 6th floor, I don't know how they escaped.

Would an answer be that the elevator went from the 1st floor to the 4th floor. (or did it goto the basement?). On top of the 4th floor would have been a cage to hold the cables etc for the elevator, and this would have taken up all of the 5th floor above the elevator shaft. On the 6th floor, one could lift the floorboards and access the top of the elevator shaft. The elevator didn't work for several minutes during when the bullets were fired. The Team could have ridden down on top of the elevator, or could have entered the elevator if it had a ceiling hatch.

Does anyone know more about the elevator at the TSBD ?

Ken M. 

1. Well, there may have been no assassination team at the TSBD, and instead they were in the Dal-Tex building. But someone in the TSBD was seen sticking a rifle out of the building at the time of the JFKA.

2. Or, there was a true gunman (not LHO) in the TSBD, armed with a semi-automatic, and he quickly walked down the backstairs and out the back, hiding a weapon under a coat. 

3. There were publisher's offices on the fourth floor, and no one ever seems to have searched said offices. A former employee of Jack Ruby's worked in one of the offices on 11/22. 

4. LHO took two intentionally missed shots, stashed the rifle in a pre-arranged spot, and quickly walked down the back stairs. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ken Martinson said:

On the Joe Rogan podcast, at 1:13:30 Oliver Stone says: If there was an assassination team on the 6th floor, I don't know how they escaped.

Would an answer be that the elevator went from the 1st floor to the 4th floor. (or did it goto the basement?). On top of the 4th floor would have been a cage to hold the cables etc for the elevator, and this would have taken up all of the 5th floor above the elevator shaft. On the 6th floor, one could lift the floorboards and access the top of the elevator shaft. The elevator didn't work for several minutes during when the bullets were fired. The Team could have ridden down on top of the elevator, or could have entered the elevator if it had a ceiling hatch.

Does anyone know more about the elevator at the TSBD ?

This subject may deserve a new thread of it's own as it has been discussed in this forum before as well as elsewhere and is not relevant to this topic imho.  

That said, there were three of them.  Two stuck on the 4th/5th floors per Truly when he and Baker tried to access them.  If they are believable on anything.  Another thread, another time, as it is a deep subject. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

This subject may deserve a new thread of it's own as it has been discussed in this forum before as well as elsewhere and is not relevant to this topic imho.  

That said, there were three of them.  Two stuck on the 4th/5th floors per Truly when he and Baker tried to access them.  If they are believable on anything.  Another thread, another time, as it is a deep subject. 

It's disappointing that Oliver was not up to snuff regarding the TSBD witnesses. When one reads all the testimony, it becomes quite clear that an elevator came down as Baker and Truly ran up the steps, and that Jack Dougherty took an elevator up before they came back down. Well, who took this elevator down to the first floor? Not Oswald. 

It's telling, IMO, that no one explained to Dougherty, who insisted he went back to work AFTER 12:30, that if this was so, the sound he heard above him was not a shot being fired, but the sound of Baker and Truly coming down from the roof. A shot from the southeast window of the sixth floor would have come to Dougherty, who was standing near the elevator when he heard this sound, from the southeast window of the fifth floor, after all, and not from above him. In any event, it's clear to me that Ball/Belin knew Dougherty's testimony was a problem and decided to confuse him and make him look stupid, as opposed to trying to make his recollections make sense. Ball just tortured the guy. For those not in the know about Ball, for that matter, this is what he was famous for. Defending criminals by asking all sorts of questions designed to confuse their victims, and making the victims look unreliable. He openly bragged about getting accused child molesters off by exposing their victims' lack of education and sophistication.  And his reputation was well-known to his fellow-Californian Warren, who both hand-picked Ball to lead the charge against Oswald and agreed with Ball that they should pre-interview witnesses in order to cut down the number of problematic answers and help keep the record "clean". 

In any event, there's no real mystery as to how the assassin/assassins came down, as an elevator with unknown occupants made it to the first floor shortly after the shooting at a time when the back and side of the building were unguarded. 

Edited by Pat Speer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oliver was not talking about how the assassins escaped.

He was talking about the Stroud document.  That added a third witness to Styles and Adams.  And the difference is that Garner escorted Adams and Styles to the door but stayed in the doorway until Baker and Truly came up.   

Way back in 1991, I was on those stairs.  They are not the kind of low, cushioned steps in modern buildings. They are tall, old, rickety wood steps. Its hard enough to think that one of the three women would not have seen Oswald, but its almost impossible to think none of them would  have heard him.

As per the escape of the assassins, one of things I advised Oliver not to try to do was to attempt to solve the crime. I said what we should do is inform the viewer of the most exculpatory evidence that the ARRB developed which was not publicized to any large degree or with any specificity.  I was fully aware of what happened to Nigel Turner with his Jay Harrison/Walt Brown "Mac Wallace fingerprint".  And before that with his Steve Rivele "French Connection", Christian David story.  The critical community is all too willing to jump on these kinds of Holy Grails.

The closest we come to that is in the long version, with Horne talking about LeMay and his information about Oswald.  That is as far as I was willing to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, the most impressive thing about the Rogan show is not just the views, its about 2.2 million right now.

But to me its the comments.  I read through about fifty of them, and they are overwhelmingly positive.  Which means a new generation of people from 1991 is getting this stuff. 

I mean how about this: the Trenton Missouri Chamber of Commerce is going to have a talk on the JFK case this week, I think on Wednesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, the most impressive thing about the Rogan show is not just the views, its about 2.2 million right now.

But to me its the comments.  I read through about fifty of them, and they are overwhelmingly positive.  Which means a new generation of people from 1991 is getting this stuff. 

I mean how about this: the Trenton Missouri Chamber of Commerce is going to have a talk on the JFK case this week, I think on Wednesday.

The comments are a reflection of government mistrust.  Rogan’s podcasts have covered all sorts of corruption, he has a great guest list. I would say the JFKA is settled as a conspiracy in their minds, and that government had something to do with it. Some perhaps think it started there, in that seminal moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...