The Education Forum

Jean Rene Souetre expelled from the US 18hrs after JFKA?!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Lieutenant Souetre, 1956

583015365_LieutenantSouetre.jpg.af9ff899f440c3160a8647f17fbbab7f.jpg

In 1956, Souetre was in the GCPA 20. He transferred to the 40th in 1957.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Neat photo.  I will add this to my collection on Souetre.

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Steve,

Neat photo.  I will add this to my collection on Souetre.

John,

Here's another one:

souetr11.thumb.jpg.575ed0e85739a01b58e974b82b6f4d10.jpg

On his left pocket flap: (translated)

Commander Coulet is causing this badge. It is based on the Insignia Polish paratroopers beret which he holds.

https://chemin-memoire-para.superforum.fr/t12436-historique-du-gcpa

Badge silver openwork metal eagle based on its prey, surmounting a square bearing the motto "Sicut AQUILA" (As the Eagle).

Sous l’impulsion du Général de MARICOURT c’est en 1956 que les commandos de l’air sont créés. Ils participeront jusqu’en 1962 à la guerre d’Algérie

(Under the dierction of General Maricourt, it signified members of the Air Corps who served in Algeria between 1956 and 1962)

On his right pocket is his parachutists badge.

The badge on his beret signifies either the 20th or the 40th Regiment. I'm not sure which.

He has three stripes on his epaulet, so I think that means he's a Captain. If so, the badge on his beret would indicate the 40th GCPA.

image.png.b9e97000b817c710bc6df5cb7cbe8210.png

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

On 5/12/2022 at 11:02 AM, John Butler said:

Some where I have read or seen something that suggests the person with Oswald in this photo taken in Russia is Jean Souetre.  I couldn't find that on a recent search of the forum and net.

oswald-alleged-and-friend.jpg

I'm not sure, but this fellow with Oswald looks like photos of Souetre.  Souetre was born in 1930.  This fellow doesn't quite look like 29-32 in age.  This would be 1959 to 1962 for the years Oswald was in Russia.  He might be a young 30ish.

So, is this Souetre?  

I put together this to help decide.

Oswalds-buddy-jean-rene-souetre.jpg

There are resemblances in hairline and chin.  But, that may be coincidental.  If that was Souetre in the photo with Oswald above, is it just another sinister character associated with Oswald?  There is a long line of sinister characters starting with the Russian Colonel in Japan.

Your opinion will be valued.

That’s Alfred of Cuba as Marina testified to. 

41 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Souetre wrote to me he had nothing to do with assassination. 

Denis,

Would you be willing to include a copy of his letter?

He said the same thing in the 1970's, the 1980's and the 1990's

Steve Thomas

On the question of photos provided by the DST (French Intelligence) of Michel Mertz, which are actually photographs of Jean Rene Souetre, we might pay attention to the names Roger Wybot and Pierre Bertaux:

In light of both Otto and Ilse’s association with French Intelligence officers Pierre Bertaux, Director of the Surete Nacionale, and Roger Wybot, head of the DST, both of whom were introduced earlier, it is not surprising they might want a “Mr. Beckhardt from Paris” to be included in the evening, and vice versa. A French intel agent (former or not) adds further to the implications of the welcome that Skorzenys were afforded in Ireland. 

Prior to signing on with Aer Lingus, Kelley-Rogers had been present at the creation of the British Overseas Airways Corporation which was formed just as the second world war began. He was soon appointed Winston Churchill's personal transatlantic pilot for the duration of the war. In 1940, Kelley-Rogers navigated the darkly painted camouflaged Short S.30 flying boats, including the G-AFCZ Clare, making six return crossings of the Atlantic with passengers. One of the three passengers on the first trip of the “Clare,” designated NA W9, was Colonel William “Wild Bill” Donovan, special advisor to President Franklin Roosevelt and head of the Office of Strategic Services whom we met in Chapter 1. According to author Peter Kross, “Bill Donovan left England on August 3, 1940, aboard the BOAC flying boat Clare. There were only two other passengers aboard, and upon his return Donovan would say that the trip was “boring.” Donovan arrived in New York the next evening and the following day had a meeting with Secretary Knox. Over the next few days, Donovan met with every important military and political representative of the president, including members of Congress who had been briefed on his clandestine trip.” Nearly two decades later, might pilot Kelley-Rogers have been particularly curious to encounter one of Bill Donovan’s greatest assets, Otto Skorzeny, in Dublin?

Kelly-Rogers also maintained the flying-boat shuttle from Poole to Foynes on the Shannon estuary. When mileage range was increased for trans-Atlantic aircraft, making flying boats obsolete, Shannon Airport was constructed. It is believed that Otto Skorzeny participated in the engineering for Shannon over the decade. The regional airport proved essential to connections between the US, Europe, and most significant, the Middle East. In recent years, it has been the focus of activists protesting its use by US military transports in spite of the nation’s long-standing position of neutrality. Shannon’s significance to geo-political concerns, especially during the 1950s and 60s cannot be overstated. The flying range of airplanes of the 1960s required that trips across the Atlantic be done piecemeal. The northern route from Britain to the US involved stops in Ireland, Greenland, Canada, and NY. The southern route followed a flight path over the Caribbean, access to The Bahamas, and on to Miami.

Between 1954 and 1957 tourist visa regulations in Ireland were liberalized for certain applicants, with Germans seen as potential tourists. Labor minister Norton introduced legislation in 1955 that created the Irish tourist board, Bord Fáilte became fully operational in 1957. The Irish-German Air Transport Agreement had been established in 1956. This allowed Aer Lingus to fly to Frankfurt and Düsseldorf by 1957; cities also used by the Irish airline as hubs for travel to other parts of Europe. Lufthansa also introduced direct flights to Dublin and began to operate to North America via Shannon. The United States military currently relies on Shannon for hundreds of weekly US Military flights to and from combat zones. 

According to author Ralph Ganis, the Skorzenys had been involved with Roger Wybot’s SEMIC, the “Society for the study of Industrial and Commercial Markets” which was essentially a detective agency within his counterintelligence apparatus. By the mid-1950s, Otto had taken great pains to distance Ilse from exposure of her role as an agent for the network. If indeed her expertise was in business, and this organization was an intel operation in service to corporate intrigue around the globe, Otto would have been intent on protecting the long-term value of her position. 

Both Wybot and Bertaux would become close personally and professionally with the CIA’s James J. Angleton, whose recruitment of a leading member of the French intelligence service, Phillipe de Vosjoli (named in the Lafitte datebook, twice) as a double agent is “one for the records” in the history of US counterintelligence. Referenced in an earlier chapter, it was a disgruntled agent within SEMIC that named Wybot as involved in the jewel heist of the Aga Khan and his Begum outside their villa, Yakymour, located in Le Cannet, Côte d'Azur. Pierre Lafitte is said to be one of the other thieves in that operation, along with notorious Corsican drug runner, Paul Mondoloni, a name that was on his mind well into 1963. 

8 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

That’s Alfred of Cuba as Marina testified to. 

We all know about the Russian Princess, honey pot, spy, Marina's statements.  Let's see.  Was that Alfred Diaz?  Or, Alfred Gomez? Or Alfred Gonzales?  Or, maybe Elvis Infante?

10 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

John,

Here's another one:

souetr11.thumb.jpg.575ed0e85739a01b58e974b82b6f4d10.jpg

On his left pocket flap: (translated)

Commander Coulet is causing this badge. It is based on the Insignia Polish paratroopers beret which he holds.

https://chemin-memoire-para.superforum.fr/t12436-historique-du-gcpa

Badge silver openwork metal eagle based on its prey, surmounting a square bearing the motto "Sicut AQUILA" (As the Eagle).

Sous l’impulsion du Général de MARICOURT c’est en 1956 que les commandos de l’air sont créés. Ils participeront jusqu’en 1962 à la guerre d’Algérie

(Under the dierction of General Maricourt, it signified members of the Air Corps who served in Algeria between 1956 and 1962)

On his right pocket is his parachutists badge.

The badge on his beret signifies either the 20th or the 40th Regiment. I'm not sure which.

He has three stripes on his epaulet, so I think that means he's a Captain. If so, the badge on his beret would indicate the 40th GCPA.

image.png.b9e97000b817c710bc6df5cb7cbe8210.png

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve,

I made a copy of this photo also.

8 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Souetre wrote to me he had nothing to do with assassination. 

I’ll second Steve’s request. I know this thread is about Souetre. Perhaps Chris, having read all these responses, will understand what I meant when I said that all discussion of international Fascist and possible French or Corsican shooters should not end with Souetre. He may have been impersonated, or not. His own protestations of innocence don’t carry much weight do they? What would you expect him to say? In any case, Albarelli did much original research, so I wish those posting would read his posthumous book. 

18 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

His own protestations of innocence don’t carry much weight do they? What would you expect him to say?

Yes, you’re going to have the same fate as the mafia hoods that were in Dealey Plaza that day. I am never expecting a confession. I do think there may have been truth in someone like Hunt’s. 

Thanks for your input here and that of others, it’s been an interesting read. 

On 5/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I’ll second Steve’s request. I know this thread is about Souetre. Perhaps Chris, having read all these responses, will understand what I meant when I said that all discussion of international Fascist and possible French or Corsican shooters should not end with Souetre. He may have been impersonated, or not. His own protestations of innocence don’t carry much weight do they? What would you expect him to say? In any case, Albarelli did much original research, so I wish those posting would read his posthumous book. 

I have read that multiple European killers used the name Souetre as an alias. Thus, the man evicted from the U.S. could be anyone of several gunmen. 

23 hours ago, Norman T. Field said:

I have read that multiple European killers used the name Souetre as an alias. Thus, the man evicted from the U.S. could be anyone of several gunmen. 

The main takeaway is that a foreign gunman using the name Souetre was there that day. You’d think that confusion about who it actually was would not detract from its significance.