The Education Forum

Nobody said What? Nobody said What? Behave yourself!

Could another reporter be shouting "behave yourself" to the reporter who over exuberantly kept shouting "nobody said what" or "we can't hear you back here?"

Feeling his doing so was hurting their time with Oswald?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Could another reporter be shouting "behave yourself" to the reporter who over exuberantly kept shouting "nobody said what" or "we can't hear you back here?"

Feeling his doing so was hurting their time with Oswald?

Yes this what is happening IMO.

On 6/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Joseph McBride said:

The reporters seem to think Oswald is lying

when he says the police hadn't told him he is

being charged with the murder of the president.

He says the first time he heard that was when

the newspaper reporters asked him in the hall.

Jim Leavelle, the lead detective in the Tippit case,

who participated in the interrogations, told me Oswald

was telling the truth about that (Oswald

also seems shocked by that news). He was charged shortly after the midnight press conference

with murdering the president, but an FBI memo reports

that Oswald was only arraigned on the charge of murdering

a policeman, not on murdering the president. Leavelle indicated

to me that Captain Will Fritz told him Friday that they needed to make a 

case on Oswald for the Tippit murder because they had little (actually

no) evidence he had shot Kennedy. I asked Leavelle why they

thought they had a better case for the Tippit murder, and he

said they had witnesses. But as we know, the witnesses in the

Tippit murder are all over the place about whether or not Oswald

did it or not or whether two other men did it, etc. Leavelle's comment also correctly implies

that they had no witness for Oswald supposedly shooting Kennedy.

The dubious Howard Brennan initially denied he had seen Oswald do it, but

he changed his story to fit the evolving tale and was a key witness for the Warren

Commission coverup version.

"But as we know, the witnesses in the

did it or not or whether two other men did it, etc."

This simply is not true.

The real witnesses, people who were actually outdoors and saw pretty much the entire thing go down (Burt, Smith, Benavides, Markham and Scoggins), ALL said Tippit encountered just one man.

I believe the "nobody said what?" is in response to Oswald telling the reporter who asked him if he killed the President,

"No, nobody has said that to me yet, the first I heard about it is when the reporters in the hall asked me that question." It's right after this answer that, "nobody said what ?" is said. Sounds like they couldn't hear him in the back of the room and were only getting bits and pieces of what he was saying. Somebody keeps yelling, "at ease" trying to quiet reporters down.

52 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

I believe the "nobody said what?" is in response to Oswald telling the reporter who asked him if he killed the President,

"No, nobody has said that to me yet, the first I heard about it is when the reporters in the hall asked me that question." It's right after this answer that, "nobody said what ?" is said. Sounds like they couldn't hear him in the back of the room and were only getting bits and pieces of what he was saying. Somebody keeps yelling, "at ease" trying to quiet reporters down.

I think this is what is happening.

I still don't hear any "behave yourself" or "we can't hear you back here" comments watching the video.

31 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

I think this is what is happening.

I still don't hear any "behave yourself" or "we can't hear you back here" comments watching the video.

Pretty sure "We can't hear you back here" is correct.

9 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

I completely agree.  The premise of this thread is ridiculous.

Reporter:  "Nobody said what.  Nobody said what."

Then Oswald looks at the guy.

Then the guy explains "We can't hear you back here."

Then Curry is heard saying "Okay men.  Okay."

Upon hearing Curry (behind him) call for an end to the party, Oswald shows disgust.

1 hour ago, Bill Brown said:

Upon hearing Curry (behind him) call for an end to the party, Oswald shows disgust.

Exactly. ....

"In my opinion, the major reaction that I see from Oswald at his famous midnight press conference is more DISGUST and ANNOYANCE. (Poor Lee Harvey truly looks annoyed and PUT OUT when he's being removed from that room right after his brief press conference.)" -- DVP; March 1, 2010

More:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/oswald-midnight-press-conference.html

Edited by David Von Pein

15 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Exactly. ....

"In my opinion, the major reaction that I see from Oswald at his famous midnight press conference is more DISGUST and ANNOYANCE. (Poor Lee Harvey truly looks annoyed and PUT OUT when he's being removed from that room right after his brief press conference.)" -- DVP; March 1, 2010

More:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/oswald-midnight-press-conference.html

Yep.

I've seen it said many times that Oswald shows disgust upon being notified that he has indeed been charged with murdering the President.  I disagree.  I think Oswald is disappointed that the very short "press conference" is over.

• 6 months later...

It is my contention that Oswald was never formally charged with JFK’s murder. He was supposedly charged upstairs in the fingerprinting  room at 1:35 AM Saturday morning after the Friday/Saturday night “Midnight Press Conference” 

All day Friday the press was assured Oswald killed the President. Police Chief Jessie Curry had said the case against Oswald was “cinched”

After the press conference Judge David Johnson gave an interview to newsman Roger Sharp upstairs. He reads out the arraignment against Oswald for JFK’s murder. One problem, Sharp asks Johnson if this has been read to Oswald. “No”

This is at 1:30 at the YouTube video Roger Sharp on #JFK50: The Justice of The Peace. 

In the full video of the “Midnight Press Conference” after Oswald is quickly taken out after someone shouted “nobody said what” Dallas DA Henry Wade lays out the evidence against Oswald. Standing behind him, lighting up a cigarette, is Judge Johnson. Johnson could have read the charge right there. 
He tried to slip it in afterwards upstairs and got caught. 
The only evidence of Oswald’s arraignment for JFK’s murder is a typed record of it from the texashistory.unt.edu site entitled Arraignment of Oswald. P.74

Was Oswald the only one who did not know he was the prime suspect in JFK’s murder? 
Did the press see him again after the Midnight Press Conference and his ambush in the Dallas Police Headquarters basement Sunday morning?

all the notes about his interview were destroyed, right?

Thats embarrassing! But sounds a lot better than no notes ever existed because they wanted to keep Oswald under wraps until Sunday morning. 
When no “assistance” came to Oswald he tried to make “The Raleigh Call” Saturday night. It was blocked. 
The head of the Dallas Bar Association visited Oswald. Read his testimony in the Warren Report. JFK’s murder was not brought up. 
Was Oswald ever arraigned for JFK’s murder? 

image.png.d539546b122b1c4540fe5a537c89a725.png

On YouTube: November 22, 1963 - Dallas County District Attorney Henry Wade press conference...
At 0:32 Judge David Johnson, standing behind and on the left of Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade, lights up a smoke. 
Johnson could have read the Arraignment for JFK’s murder during Oswald’s Midnight Press Conference or right now along with Wade. 
Wade told everyone Oswald was upstairs for the night so most of the newsmen probably went looking for somewhere to get some sleep. 
Johnson read Oswald’s Arraignment for the murder of JFK to lone newsman Roger  Sharp upstairs shortly after Wade’s interview. 

You know this makes Oswald’s statement about not being questioned about JFK’s murder seem plausible. Oswald made a bold statement but he said it with such conviction that it just hung out there in mid air for decades. 
But it didn’t hang long when he said it. 
Someone wasn’t going to let this pass. “Nobody said what” Nobody said what”

Was that Jack Ruby? 
If Ruby was involved he would want to get the facts straight because he was a patsy too now. Ruby wanted to talk. In his Warren Commission testimony... incredible number of leads he gave. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:27 PM, Bill Brown said:

"But as we know, the witnesses in the

did it or not or whether two other men did it, etc."

This simply is not true.

The real witnesses, people who were actually outdoors and saw pretty much the entire thing go down (Burt, Smith, Benavides, Markham and Scoggins), ALL said Tippit encountered just one man.

Actually it’s stronger than that. Not a single named witness ever claimed more than one gunman involved, including Acquilla Clemons. The only known claim of more than one gunman was the anonymous writer of a letter published in Playboy. If that wasn’t a hoax I have suspected the author of that might be Tatum, but if so by the time he was outed and named as a witness he was talking single gunman too. 

I got the impression (from the DPD video clip) that Oswald was frustrated. The police were not telling him anything, he didn't know what was going on and when he was just about to answer a question or find out more the police dragged him away. Shortest press release ever.