The Education Forum

A little fun topic : what are your JFK memorabilia ?

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I went through my box this afternoon.  Put the newspapers/articles and magazines in order by date along with organizing print outs and other stuff.

Here's a list of the newspaper items with a few comments.

1.  Denton (Tx) Record-Chronicle, 11/23/1963.  Encased in a plastic sleeve, I think I bought this at the TSBD gift shop in 2013.  Headline: President's Funeral Will Be Held At Noon Monday.  Front page articles: The Day After: Sorrow, Problems, World Stunned By Death, Connally Reported To Be Ok, 'I Did Not Kill Him,' Calm Oswald Claims, President's Assassination Halts Area Sports Activity.

2.  Parade Magazine, 11/13/1983.  Ted Kennedy on cover, article How I Remember Jack.

3.  Fort Worth Star Telegram, Sunday 11/20/ 1983.  Front page, top: Turning Point: A 32 page special section (articles inside), Twenty Years Ago, A Daddy Died, NBC Sunday Night Presentation, Two New Books.  Also on front page, His Legacy Was Hope > pg. 12a, After 1000 days of hope, 20 years of reality. W/ color drawing of JFK, a guy floating in a space suit and castle towers behind him (Camelot).

4. FWST, 11/20/1988.  Section 3, half page picture of the eternal flame plus article, Artifacts (rest of page) > /Echos on back page plus Official findings don't sway the man for whom the puzzle pieces just don't fit.

5.  Dallas Times Herald, 8/7/1990.  Article(s), Another Kennedy Assassin, Ricky White's story about his dad Roscoe White, and, Experts: Latest JFK claim 'fairy tale'.

6.  Dallas Morning News, 4/14/1991, Arts/Section C. Headline, JFK The Mystery Becomes The Movie.  Articles, Director Oliver Stone tells why he tackled the big story of his time, A maverick who's become a power, If past assassination films are any indication, JFK faces an uphill battle.

7.  FWST, Monday, 4/29/1991.  Section C/Life 3/4 of its front page, Addressing History, Movie JFK is renewing interest in the places Oswald called home.

8.  DMN, Monday, 7/15/1991.  Section C/Today, 2/3 of its front page plus pg. 2C.  Article: The Burden Of Proof, Gayle Nix Jackson interviewed about Orville Nix filmed what he though was a second gunman at the JFK assassination.

9.  FWST, 11/23/1991.  Front page, 1/3 of JFK memory and mystery still live w/pict of TSBD and flowers below the grassy knoll.  Story on page 25, Hundred gather in Dallas to relive Kennedy slaying.

10.  DMN, Sunday, 11/21, 1993.  Front page, 1/4, w/picture of guy in Fair Play For Oswald Committee shirt.  Headline: Enduring Intrigue, After 30 years, JFK seluths continue to stoke the controversy.  Continued on pg. 32A.

11.  FWST, Sunday, 11/22/1998.  Section F/Weekly review, 2/3 page.  How I got in the Warren report, Phil Record, reporter helped entertain SSA's the night before in Fort Worth.  The lilting joy of hosting my president.  Jim Wright, FW congressman, later speaker of the house.

12.  FWST, Sunday, 10/27/2013.  Opinion, pg. 5D.  Relive JFK's visit to Cowton 50 years ago.  Art exhibits, photographs.

13.  FWST, Sunday, 11/17/2013.  Front page.  Headline:  JFK 50 years Later, 2 pict's  JFK in crowd in FW, "Oswald" with guns and pamphlets.  12 page special section plus Here's a story about JFK's visit you likely haven't heard.

14.  FWST, Saturday, 11/23/2013.  Front page, 2/3 w pict of color guard marching down Main St in Dallas the day before.  Headline: Dreamer's legacy lives on, Fort Worth pays tribute to 'the last good memory'.  Plus, ...recall the energy JFK brought to town in 1963, and People worldwide honor a man whose contributions reached beyond the U.S. 

I left this one off last night as it was not in a newspaper (like the special section in # 13), though it was produced separately by one.

USA Today, Fall 2010, Sell through November 8, 48 page Special Edition.  Front page: JFK's America, "Ask not what your country . . .", Interview Jean Kennedy Smith looks back, ahead, Three presidents remember JFK, Obama, Clinton and Carter.  23 articles total.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gerry Down said:

That's the first time I've seen a frame from the zapruder film in a newspaper from that weekend - top right newspaper.

Well, most of the sampled ones are from 11/23, but that particular one is from 11/27.

10 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Well, most of the sampled ones are from 11/23, but that particular one is from 11/27.

I didn't realize Life were giving the rights away to anyone. Maybe Life had some type of business relationship with that particular newspaper.

J.P.C.

My JFK memorabilia is mostly in books signed by the authors, which include Mark Lane, Josiah Thompson, Penn Jones, Robert Groden, Michael Eddowes, John H. Davis, Ed Hoffman, Craig Zirbel, J. Gary Shaw & Larry Harris, Walt Brown, Mathew Smith, Cyril Wecht, Bill Sloan, Beverley Oliver, Ron Lewis, Connie Kritzberg, Norman Mailer, Madeleine Brown, Noel Twyman, Larry Hancock, William Law, Ian Griggs, Joan Mellen, Brian Andersen, Dick Russell, James Douglass, Doug Horne, Russ Baker, Barry Ernest, Judyth Vary Baker, James Tague, Jim Marrs, Barry Keane, Mark Bridger, Flip DeMay, Anita Dickason, Gayle Nix Jackson, Steve Cameron, Michael Marcades and Jim DiEugenio.  I will also obtain Malcolm Blunt's signature on my copy of 'The Devil is in the Details' at this year's DPUK Conference.

At every DPUK Canterbury conference an auction is held of books and JFK coins etc. So, over the years I have collected various sets of U.S. coins including a U.S. Proof set of Liberty coins showing U.S. presidents including JFK along with a set of one dollar, half dollar, quarter, cent, dime coins, + a U.S. Proof set minted in 1972 with set of coins & U.S. presidents including JFK in presentation case + same from 1967 in presentation case + a JFK half dollar 12g 90% silver minted in 1964.  (I am in the process of attempting to paint acrylic on canvas of a Dealey Plaza scene for this auction in Canterbury, which could raise hundreds of thousands of £ from the room + international bidders for DPUK's funds! 🎨🖼️🤣

In the book room at Lancer in 2013 some bint was selling a model of the 1961 Lincoln Continental 'X-100' with all the figures seated in their places....for $200!!  I really fancied it to buy, never seen anything like it before but the price was a rip off.  Anyway, in time I inherited the very same 'Kennedy car' from Ian Griggs' collection when he passed at a tiny fraction of the cost in Dallas.  I also have from Ian's collection a bronze bust of JFK.

Included in my man cave is a framed Altgens photograph showing X-100, the S.S. 'Queen Mary' and the TSBD, signed by Clint Hill.

I can also include the usual JFK fridge magnets, 'JFK for President-Leadership for the 1960's' etc bought from the 6th floor Museum. 

29 minutes ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

WOW that's a whole lot, must have taken you years !

Well it seems like my book collection has been collected over decades, the rest over the past two decades.

I'm a fully qualified JFK anorak, much to my wife's displeasure.

4 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Very nice collection !

In the most popular Belgian newspaper no Zapruder scenes either, must be rare

Thanks, JP. It's not something that I've looked into, but I wouldn't be surprised if Life sold the images to lots of media outlets around the world.

2 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Well it seems like my book collection has been collected over decades, the rest over the past two decades.

I'm a fully qualified JFK anorak, much to my wife's displeasure.

LOL 😄

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

13 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

J.P.C.

My JFK memorabilia is mostly in books signed by the authors, which include Mark Lane, Josiah Thompson, Penn Jones, Robert Groden, Michael Eddowes, John H. Davis, Ed Hoffman, Craig Zirbel, J. Gary Shaw & Larry Harris, Walt Brown, Mathew Smith, Cyril Wecht, Bill Sloan, Beverley Oliver, Ron Lewis, Connie Kritzberg, Norman Mailer, Madeleine Brown, Noel Twyman, Larry Hancock, William Law, Ian Griggs, Joan Mellen, Brian Andersen, Dick Russell, James Douglass, Doug Horne, Russ Baker, Barry Ernest, Judyth Vary Baker, James Tague, Jim Marrs, Barry Keane, Mark Bridger, Flip DeMay, Anita Dickason, Gayle Nix Jackson, Steve Cameron, Michael Marcades and Jim DiEugenio.  I will also obtain Malcolm Blunt's signature on my copy of 'The Devil is in the Details' at this year's DPUK Conference.

At every DPUK Canterbury conference an auction is held of books and JFK coins etc. So, over the years I have collected various sets of U.S. coins including a U.S. Proof set of Liberty coins showing U.S. presidents including JFK along with a set of one dollar, half dollar, quarter, cent, dime coins, + a U.S. Proof set minted in 1972 with set of coins & U.S. presidents including JFK in presentation case + same from 1967 in presentation case + a JFK half dollar 12g 90% silver minted in 1964.  (I am in the process of attempting to paint acrylic on canvas of a Dealey Plaza scene for this auction in Canterbury, which could raise hundreds of thousands of £ from the room + international bidders for DPUK's funds! 🎨🖼️🤣

In the book room at Lancer in 2013 some bint was selling a model of the 1961 Lincoln Continental 'X-100' with all the figures seated in their places....for $200!!  I really fancied it to buy, never seen anything like it before but the price was a rip off.  Anyway, in time I inherited the very same 'Kennedy car' from Ian Griggs' collection when he passed at a tiny fraction of the cost in Dallas.  I also have from Ian's collection a bronze bust of JFK.

Included in my man cave is a framed Altgens photograph showing X-100, the S.S. 'Queen Mary' and the TSBD, signed by Clint Hill.

I can also include the usual JFK fridge magnets, 'JFK for President-Leadership for the 1960's' etc bought from the 6th floor Museum. 

Pete, that's quite an impressive list of authors whose books you have signed copies of.

34 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

What language are these in?

Danish. We're 6+ hours ahead of US time, and apparently the news of the assassination arrived too late for the 11/22 afternoon editions.