The Education Forum

PrayerPerson ???

Chris Davidson

2 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Andrej,

Are you trying to convince me that there are individuals who don't possess longer torso/shorter leg ratios?

For instance, what does your research show BWF 6ft body ratio to be?

Mr. BALL - How tall are you?
Mr. FRAZIER - I am 6-foot, a little bit over 6-foot.
Mr. BALL - Do you know what your arm length is?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; I don't.
Mr. BALL - We can probably measure it before you leave.

I assume this is without shoes on, but who knows for sure.

Slant1ecb43c45ad685716.gif

Chris:

Frankly, I have difficulties following your posts (and the gifs), even if I know something about the height aspect in Prayer Man figure.

Can you please clearly answer my question if it would be a short person (5'3'') or a tall person (5'10'') that would match Prayer Man? Only one of them fits Prayer Man because the arm heights would be unequal in spite of the tops of their heads being on the same plane.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Can you please clearly answer my question if it would be a short person (5'3'') or a tall person (5'10'') that would match Prayer Man? Only one of them fits Prayer Man because the arm heights would be unequal in spite of the tops of their heads being on the same plane.

I don't know which one because I can't see PrayerPerson's legs or inseams.

34" inseam + 9" head + 27" torso + 1/2" shoe = 70.5"

27" inseam + 9" head + 27" torso + 1/2" shoe = 63.5"

Shorty.gif

14 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Andrej,

Are you trying to convince me that there are individuals who don't possess longer torso/shorter leg ratios?

For instance, what does your research show BWF 6ft body ratio to be?

Mr. BALL - How tall are you?
Mr. FRAZIER - I am 6-foot, a little bit over 6-foot.
Mr. BALL - Do you know what your arm length is?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; I don't.
Mr. BALL - We can probably measure it before you leave.

I assume this is without shoes on, but who knows for sure.

Slant1ecb43c45ad685716.gif

30" inseam + 9.5" head + 32" torso + 1/2" = 72"

30-inch-inseam.png

Chris:

the height of inseam has nothing to do with the distance between the top of the head and the elbow or forearm of  crossed arms. You do need to see the peron's inseam to decide whether two persons standing on different plaforms 7 inches apart but having their heads at the same height would have or not their arms at the same level.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Chris:

the doorways in different photographs need to be aligned, not flipping violently. If you straighten the western-most post of the aluminum door, as much as it is possible, to be vertical and also make sure that the height of the horizontal bar on the western side matches in both pictures (the second yellow line), you would see that the pink lady is too short to be Prayer Man. Since she would be too short, her arms would be lower compared to a person standing on the top landing but reaching the top of Prayer Man's head. 

I posted this analysis in this thread on September 11:

pm_willis.jpg.2cd97fa2cb156e5a7ac2980c40

May I also ask you to eventually answer my question whether your large person (5'10'') or short person (5' 3'') fits Prayer Man? Only one of the two can. It is the problem of unequal arm heights for such two people with the shorter standing 7'' lower than the tall person, but also the distance of the edge of the right elbow (olecranon ulnae in Latin) from the red brick column seen on the western wall. If you place the short person almost one foot of a distance to the inside of the doorway, as this person would stand with both feet on the top landing, the distance between the elbow joint and the red brick column would increase. I only obtained a good match for this distance with Prayer Man being 5' 10'' (5' 9 5/8''to be exact) and having his right foot on the step below the top landing but not for a short person standing fully on the top landing. 

Again, only one of the two persons can match Prayer Man's figure, not both of them.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

1 hour ago, Miles Massicotte said:

The resemblance between figure 1 and figure 2 is pretty striking, no?

The only thing we can compare between the two are the shapes of the faces. Everything else is covered up on the woman behind the glass door.

Okay, the necklines on the blouses are similar. Problem is, the blouse on Prayer Man is a hoax. That's not on the original Darnell film.

1 hour ago, Andrej Stancak said:

...you would see that the pink lady is too short to be Prayer Man.

Andrej, I don't think Chris is comparing Prayer Man to Lady in Pink. I think he is comparing Prayer Man to the woman standing between Lady in Pink and the police officer to her left. She's behind the opened glass door. Notice that, in Chris's animated gif, that woman and Prayer Man are in the same spot as the doorway alternates violently back and forth.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Andrej, I don't think Chris is comparing Prayer Man to Lady in Pink. I think he is comparing Prayer Man to the woman standing between Lady in Pink and the police officer to her left. She's behind the opened glass door. Notice that, in Chris's animated gif, that woman and Prayer Man are in the same spot as the doorway alternates violently back and forth.

Sandy:

this thread is going back and forth. Seeing a gif in response to the ongoing arm height discussion, I thought Chris was discussing the pink lady on the the top landing. The other lady behind the glass door was discussed too in this thread. Her hair is not compatible with Prayer Man's hair. I have posted this bit also on September 11. The picture below shows highlighted contours of Prayer Man's hair and that lady's hair.

hair_new_woman.jpg.3c6bec085d6178fc49e4a

Edited by Andrej Stancak

1 hour ago, Andrej Stancak said:

...The other lady behind the glass door was discussed too in this thread. Her hair is not compatible to Prayer Man's hair.

hair_new_woman.jpg.3c6bec085d6178fc49e4a

I'm glad you posted that again Andrej. Because I was thinking that we can't distinguish Prayer Man's dark hair from the dark background. And if that were the case, we wouldn't be able to compare that lady's hair outline to Prayer Man's hair outline. But now that I'm looking at the Darnell frame again, I realize that we CAN distinguish Prayer Man's hair from the dark background, given that they are noticeably different shades of gray.

You are right, you're analysis does prove that that lady is not Prayer Man.

(For a truly fair comparison you'd have to reduce the size of the lady's head to match the size of Prayer Man's head, and then compare. But it's easy to see that that won't change the result of the comparison.)

Don't care for moving comparisons.

Cloning is an alternative.

Let me try it this way.

My guess is that neither of the obvious two women is PrayerPerson.

But, PrayerPerson might be between them (dark short sleeved shirt) as I have hinged PrayerPerson's left elbow and arm, although the left arm from the Willis photo is at a greater downward angle.

It also seems like you can see part of the shoulder sleeve attached to the left arm.

Added on Edit: Or, that is the right arm of the woman behind the opened glass door but it looks somewhat low to be hers.

Elbow.gif

Edited by Chris Davidson
Another thought.

If there is a third person standing between the two women, a candidate could be the woman in the other Willis photo.

We have half of her body and since we are symmetrical, I just flipped her horizontally and rotated her 1.5° so her scoopneck aligned symetrically then increased her size 115% for relative headsize size match.

Supplied the scoopneck Darnell version.

LadyClone.gif