The Education Forum

The Killing Floor

4 hours ago, Sean Coleman said:

Another ad, incorporating a KFC/ Trump crossover commemorative plate -for serious collectors only. Both topical and reasonably priced for people who live in the middle bit of the US probably. Would nestle attractively between an Elvis plate and a Dukes of Hazard plate whilst highlighting a confederate flag backdrop. In a trailer.FEBFB470-0BE4-404A-84F9-737FD92FDBDF.thumb.jpeg.591a2cf35f26316fc9e2024d3c00ed72.jpeg

No! Just don't...

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I need to read up more, because I don't think I'm informed enough on the specifics of the elevators to understand or make an opinion. It seems more complex than I realized.

Switch to chicken bones. Anyone can enter that fray hahaha!

20 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Red letter day. Completely agree with you David hahaha! This isn't even debatable!

Not to belabor the point. But a pancake sandwich is bread with meat.  Well a chicken sandwich is meat with bread. Same thing. Bread/meat...meat/bread...sandwich...

Yes, I grew up with the idea that a sandwich was something you picked up and ate with one bite--meat and bread together. But my son prefers to eat his hot dogs by pulling the sausage from the bun, and then eating the bun and sausage separately. It's still a sandwich, no matter how you eat it. (Although I have argued differently while encouraging him to eat the sausage and bun together.) 

In any event, Williams' description for his lunch should be the least controversial thing about his testimony

40 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Red letter day. Completely agree with you David [about THIS DVP POST only ;  Bob most certainly does not agree with me [DVP] when it comes to anything related to the JFKA] hahaha! This isn't even debatable!

Great! Let's celebrate then....with some hot chicken from Gino's! We can even get it delivered---without using GrubHub too! And this ad is from March 1963! 😁....

KFC-Ad-From-March-29-1963.jpg

Or....we can get some chicken sandwiches to celebrate our Red Letter Day. And look! No bones! (So let's not invite Bonnie Ray. He likes his sandwiches spiked with bones.) 😁 ....

KFC-Ad-From-July-2-1982.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

19 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Not to belabor the point. But a pancake sandwich is bread with meat.  Well a chicken sandwich is meat with bread. Same thing. Bread/meat...meat/bread...sandwich...

Well, of course it is, Pat. No argument there. The ridiculous thing that we've been talking about in this thread is having BONES in a SANDWICH. Because "Bones" and "Sandwich" do not mix. No way, no how.

Obligatory ---> 😇 and 😁

Edited by David Von Pein

17 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

And yes I'm as old as Ben describes....as a child I helped my mother catch the chickens - she would then cut the heads off of with a cleaver and then have to get the feathers off.    The feathers were the nasty and especially smelly business. 

Hard to imagine but food does not just appeared packaged....not that I miss the chicken thing at all and have no desire to return to those days.

My mother, born in 1930 grew up poor in east Texas during the depression.  She participated in this method of fixing Sunday dinner using a hatchet then plucking them.  Here are a few words by another Texan on "Chickens".

On 10/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, Ron Ege said:

Am I understanding that you subscribe to the second-floor lunch encounter between Baker/Truly and Oswald?

Others here have presented evidence, I thought when I read it anyway, that strongly implied that said encounter never happened.   It being just a concocted story to fit predetermined scenario - or a real encounter with a "someone" (never identified)- who was not LHO. 

Frankly, I have no idea whether either one is correct, or even another scenario was possible.  I just value your take, as well as everyone else's here.

All comments welcome.

42 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Well, of course it is, Pat. No argument there. The ridiculous thing that we've been talking about in this thread is having BONES in a SANDWICH. Because "Bones" and "Sandwich" do not mix. No way, no how.

Obligatory ---> 😇 and 😁

They do mix...      https://www.southernliving.com/food/bbq/rib-sandwich

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

B.t.w. is there a picture of those leftovers in situ ?

Or is it like the other paper bag (just a drawing on the floor), removed before taking the crime scene pictures ?

1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

B.t.w. is there a picture of those leftovers in situ ?

Or is it like the other paper bag (just a drawing on the floor), removed before taking the crime scene pictures ?

There are pictures of Bonnie Ray's Dr. Pepper bottle on the floor where he left it. I don't recall seeing any photos of the lunch sack or the chicken remnants on the sixth floor though.

TSBD+6th+Floor+(Dr.+Pepper+Bottle).jpg

CE484.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

7 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

There are pictures of Bonnie Ray's Dr. Pepper bottle on the floor where he left it. I don't ever recall seeing any photos of the lunch sack or the chicken remnants on the sixth floor though.

TSBD+6th+Floor+(Dr.+Pepper+Bottle).jpg

CE484.jpg

The lunch sack was beneath the cart and can be seen in the Alyea film.