The Education Forum

Shaw and Ferrie

Paul, what I would have given to be there at the end with Mort Sahl.

There is an example of a guy who lost it all for the JFK case.  Both he and Garrison had to fight their way back to any kind of moderate success.  Mort Sahl hosted the Oscars, was on the cover of Time,  had two shows going in Los Angeles, making hundreds of thousands per year, and was represented by Freddie Fields, a big time agent and producer. 

Then he had Mark Lane on. He lost both shows and couldn't get a job.

For years on end.  

He always said that Watergate brought him back.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree Paul, on both counts.  

For some time I've struggled with the gap as to why would Shaw instruct Dean Andrews, the most logical explanation was to get a message to Oswald (not to talk) after part of the plan had failed but what Jim post makes much more sense in that Shaw and Ferrie were also used as pawns in a bigger plan. Shaw panicked and made mistakes, I'd say his actions reflect a man who thought he was responsible for something (which had gone wrong).  

5 hours ago, Mart Hall said:

I also agree Paul, on both counts.  

For some time I've struggled with the gap as to why would Shaw instruct Dean Andrews, the most logical explanation was to get a message to Oswald (not to talk) after part of the plan had failed but what Jim post makes much more sense in that Shaw and Ferrie were also used as pawns in a bigger plan. Shaw panicked and made mistakes, I'd say his actions reflect a man who thought he was responsible for something (which had gone wrong).  

Agree.