The Education Forum

Dale Myers and his World of Illusion

Thanks for that Mike.

I must have forgotten about it.

The acoustics field is a tangled web indeed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks for that Mike.

I must have forgotten about it.

The acoustics field is a tangled web indeed.

Listening right now to Jim Di Eugenio being interviewed on FM radio station KKUP out of Cupertino, Ca.  Taped I imagined. Entertaining as always.

That is  with Dave Emory Joe, he is interviewing me because of the book and DVD JFK Revisited. Its part of a continuing series.

I think Gary Aguilar will be on with me in the next broadcast.

The film debuted 16 months ago.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Pat Speer said:

Slight correction. The SBT was created as a response to the WC staff's study of the Zapruder film, which showed Kennedy and Connally respond too close together in time to have been hit by separate shots fired from a bolt-action rifle. Although Tague was mentioned in an early FBI report, the WC was gonna ignore him until they couldn't. The SBT was developed in March, proposed in April, and tested on May 24...while the first article on Tague didn't appear until June 5. He was then interviewed, on July 23, long after the chapters on the shooting had been completed and approved. 

Harold Weisberg documented that the Tague curb shot was known and reported much earlier than June 5:

As we have seen, Tague's wounding . . . and the fresh "hole," "scar," or "mark" as it was variously referred to, was known immediately and reported immediately, first by the police and the sheriff, and during the next two days by the newspapers and TV. (Never Again, pp. 505-506; cf. pp. 454-463)

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

Harold Weisberg documented that the Tague curb shot was known and reported much earlier than June 5:

As we have seen, Tague's wounding . . . and the fresh "hole," "scar," or "mark" as it was variously referred to, was known immediately and reported immediately, first by the police and the sheriff, and during the next two days by the newspapers and TV. (Never Again, pp. 505-506; cf. pp. 454-463)

If Weisberg was suggesting Tague's wounding and the mark on the curb were widely discussed and known to the FBI prior to a 12-13-63 newspaper article in which Buddy Walthers described Tague's wounding, he was mistaken. (I just glimpsed through Tague's book, and he says he gave a statement to the DPD on the day of the shooting, but there is no record of this in the WC's files--or anywhere, from what I can tell. In any event, he also says a scar on the curb near where he'd been standing was photographed and published in the Dallas Morning News, but that it incorrectly placed the scar on Houston Street.) 

As a result, there was no acknowledgement of Tague in the FBI's 12-9-63 summary report or in the WC staff's discussion of the shooting scenario prior to their development of the SBT and writing of the WC's report. They were either ignorant of the early FBI report regarding Tague or were trying to ignore Tague entirely, and only interviewed him so they could claim they'd covered all the bases. To wit, the WC's file on Tague shows Specter first showed an interest in him on 6-11-64, 6 days after a story broke about Tague's wounding, and the WC's failure to acknowledge him. 

Tellingly, this was after Specter's chapter on the shooting, and the single-bullet theory, had been submitted. This chapter was later re-written to include references to Tague, but that was just window dressing.  

Edited by Pat Speer

I would say that "cartoon" is pretty accurate.

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

If Weisberg was suggesting Tague's wounding and the mark on the curb were widely discussed and known to the FBI prior to a 12-13-63 newspaper article in which Buddy Walthers described Tague's wounding, he was mistaken. (I just glimpsed through Tague's book, and he says he gave a statement to the DPD on the day of the shooting, but there is no record of this in the WC's files--or anywhere, from what I can tell. In any event, he also says a scar on the curb near where he'd been standing was photographed and published in the Dallas Morning News, but that it incorrectly placed the scar on Houston Street.) 

As a result, there was no acknowledgement of Tague in the FBI's 12-9-63 summary report or in the WC staff's discussion of the shooting scenario prior to their development of the SBT and writing of the WC's report. They were either ignorant of the early FBI report regarding Tague or were trying to ignore Tague entirely, and only interviewed him so they could claim they'd covered all the bases. To wit, the WC's file on Tague shows Specter first showed an interest in him on 6-11-64, 6 days after a story broke about Tague's wounding, and the WC's failure to acknowledge him. 

Tellingly, this was after Specter's chapter on the shooting, and the single-bullet theory, had been submitted. This chapter was later re-written to include references to Tague, but that was just window dressing.  

The FBI was monitoring news stories out of Dallas from 11/22/63 onward for quite some time. Memos and files don't always tell the whole story, and sometimes they tell a false story. I find it hard to believe that the FBI and others in the cover-up "missed" the Dallas newspaper and TV stories about the Tague curb shot. I suspect they tried to avoid generating any paperwork on it, and to avoid acknowledging it, for as long as possible. 

I am not disputing that the perceived timing problem of the non-fatal hits on JFK and JBC appears to have played the driving role in the formation of the SBT, but I also suspect that at least a few folks knew about Tague's wounding early on and that this may have also played a role. 

19 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

The FBI was monitoring news stories out of Dallas from 11/22/63 onward for quite some time. Memos and files don't always tell the whole story, and sometimes they tell a false story. I find it hard to believe that the FBI and others in the cover-up "missed" the Dallas newspaper and TV stories about the Tague curb shot. I suspect they tried to avoid generating any paperwork on it, and to avoid acknowledging it, for as long as possible. 

I am not disputing that the perceived timing problem of the non-fatal hits on JFK and JBC appears to have played the driving role in the formation of the SBT, but I also suspect that at least a few folks knew about Tague's wounding early on and that this may have also played a role. 

Yes, the DMN ran a story citing Buddy Walthers, in which he described an unnamed person who'd been hit by some concrete, on 12-13-63. The FBI then tracked down Tague on the 14th. This report was then written up and forwarded to the commission on 12-23, if I'm not mistaken. 

But after that it was crickets. There is no mention of Tague in any WC memos or reports prior to Specter's writing a memo saying he should be interviewed. This was written after the numerous conferences in which the SBT was proposed and developed, after the 5-24-64 re-enactment which designed to test its plausibility, and after a 6-5 article on Tague in the Dallas Morning News, questioning why Tague hadn't been interviewed. 

So Tague's wounding didn't force or even influence the creation of the SBT, unless, of course, Specter knew he needed to account for Tague, but didn't want to mention him in any reports or meetings. 

What remains curious, however, is that Tague claimed he made a statement to the DPD on the 22nd. Well, assuming this is correct, it would appear this statement never made it out of Dallas, and was deliberately disappeared. Tague claimed he made the statement to Gus Rose, and that he was sitting with Rose when Oswald was brought in. I just checked the report attributed to Rose in the DPD's records and he says sure enough he was at his desk when Oswald was brought in, but he makes no mention of Tague there or elsewhere. Instead he says he talked to Oswald. So either Tague's memory was messed up or Rose was hiding that he talked to Tague and disappeared his report on the interview. 

Edited by Pat Speer