The Education Forum

New JFK Files: “Nothing to See Here! Please disperse!”

Lori Spencer

It only took 2 hours for Gerald Posner to review ALL those new JFK Assassination documents today. (speed reader extraordinaire!) 

He was quick to assure the public on Dan Abrahms News Nation prime time evening show that there’s “nothing to see here.” 

Welp, I guess that seals it. No need to actually read all those thousands of files, then. Gerry just saved us all a crap ton of work! 😝 

Edited by Lori Spencer

When are the ditto heads going to arrive here? I assume Tracy and DVP will be delicate and wait a modest amount of time to agree with him - like waiting for the widow to mourn six months before presuming upon her affections. All right and proper you know. It's not surprising Posner would act the cad. Copping a feel at the service so to speak.

Edited by Bob Ness

Dan Abrams should be ashamed of himself to have Posner on his show, a guy who has been  discredited for awhile.

I don't know who is worse, having Posner or Shenon on.

Oswald speaking broken Russia says the CIA.  The FBi said it was not him.

Can any human being read that many pages in a few hours?  What about the document that said the KGB had turned Oswald while in Russia?

17 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Dan Abrams should be ashamed of himself to have Posner on his show, a guy who has been  discredited for awhile.

I don't know who is worse, having Posner or Shenon on.

Oswald speaking broken Russia says the CIA.  The FBi said it was not him.

Can any human being read that many pages in a few hours?  What about the document that said the KGB had turned Oswald while in Russia?

Oh, you underestimate hard-working journalists. 

CBS read all 24 volumes of the Warren Report, as I recall, and vouched for WC findings in day or two. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Actually 26 volumes.

I was really glad we exposed that in the film, about the producer Bernie Birnbaum admitting his cooperation with the Commission before hand.

18 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Actually 26 volumes.

I was really glad we exposed that in the film, about the producer Bernie Birnbaum admitting his cooperation with the Commission before hand.

JD--

Right, 26 volumes, not a mere 24. How could I underestimate the speed-reading skills of CBS? 

The DiEugenio-Stone film is stand-out in every way. 

17 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

When are the ditto heads going to arrive here? I assume Tracy and DVP will be delicate and wait a modest amount of time to agree with him - like waiting for the widow to mourn six months before presuming upon her affections. All right and proper you know. It's not surprising Posner would act the cad. Copping a feel at the service so to speak.

My own experience with the files has me agreeing with Posner. I have been going over David Phillips' files and while there are still many redactions, it is sometimes easy to figure out what those redactions are or what they relate to at least. I think when this is finally over and all the files are released there will be many disappointed people and others who will say, "what did they destroy?"

9 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I think when this is finally over and all the files are released there will be many disappointed people and others who will say, "what did they destroy?"

I have never expected there to be an outline of any assassination plot anywhere in the files released. These files are valuable for historical reasons, and for transparency in a democracy. They allow researchers to piece together the truth about things that, indeed, have either had any record of them destroyed, or were never committed to paper in the first place.

People like Posner that disparage these releases before it's possible to completely research them, should reflect on whether or not they truly possess a patriotic mindset.

2 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

My own experience with the files has me agreeing with Posner. I have been going over David Phillips' files and while there are still many redactions, it is sometimes easy to figure out what those redactions are or what they relate to at least. I think when this is finally over and all the files are released there will be many disappointed people and others who will say, "what did they destroy?"

Tracy, we already know that a massive amount of files are missing that should be in the JFK collection, and that countless relevant documents have been destroyed.

The continuing redactions and re-releases of documents that are already open-in-full are a big “fu$& you” from the intelligence community, but it’s just more of the same crap they’ve been doing since 2017. What I wanna know is what happened to the records that seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, like the missing Church Committee transcripts and investigative files. 

My point is that the people saying “what did they destroy” are completely justified, and I think it’s naive to jump to conclusions on any aspect of the JFKA when we know for a fact that the historical record is incomplete. 

Yes, the Church Committee stuff was somehow deep sixed and I am sayin that now not next year.

Again, where is the deposition of JIm Gochenaur?

I would have thought that would be important.  Maybe his comments in the film. show why its not there.

What did they do to Roache?  

Joan Mellen thought years ago that somehow the INS, and Customs records of the Church Committee stuff had ben disposed of.

The other side does not like the fact that the subject is getting attention.

I can just hear Myers and Russo at work already. Trying to audition for jobs next year when the final records come clean, at the sixtieeth, if Biden does release them.

And I kind of notice a new attitude in the MSM toward this, a kind of disbelief and snark. 

Well deserved; are they catching up to us?

Edited by James DiEugenio

14 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

The other side does not like the fact that the subject is getting attention.

I can just hear Myers and Russo at work already. Trying to audition for jobs next year when the final records come clean, at the sixtieeth, if Biden does release them.

And I kind of notice a new attitude in the MSM toward this, a kind of disbelief and snark. 

Well deserved; are they catching up to us?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Maybe some of the work you and others have been doing is catching.

50 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I think when this is finally over and all the files are released there will be many disappointed people and others who will say, "what did they destroy?"

Possibly but who set that ball in motion? Wasn't me. The plain and simple fact that they destroyed files en masse already will guarantee that. This of course has been pointed out to you before and doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Whether LHO shot the President or not I would think you'd find that outrageous. You're a bright guy. I'd think the outright destruction of the documentation of the event and it's subsequent proceedings would cause you to pause. 

Jim Lesar told me that a high ranking military officer told him they had a burning party at the Pentagon once the ARRB was disbanded. 

1 hour ago, Tom Gram said:

What I wanna know is what happened to the records that seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, like the missing Church Committee transcripts and investigative files. 

My point is that the people saying “what did they destroy” are completely justified, and I think it’s naive to jump to conclusions on any aspect of the JFKA when we know for a fact that the historical record is incomplete. 

Sure, that makes sense. I wanted to see Veciana's SSCIA testimony for sure. I think it would have helped my case. But I don't subscribe to the idea that we can't know what happened in Dallas unless every piece of paper is released. I've looked at the files and I see what they have been holding back and it is people's names, project names and so on. Just my view.