The Education Forum

Spectacular Glenn Greenwald Follow-on to Tucker Carlson

Spectacular follow-on by Glenn Greenwald re Tucker Carlson. 

Greenwald sharply criticizes Senate Republicans, Pompeo, neo-cons, Liz and Dick Cheney, and Trump, and explains government secrecy. He posits the JFKA records played a role in the second Trump impeachment. 

I think Greenwald is truly independent, although he has, on rare occasion, not been critical enough of some US adversaries, or Putin. 

My usual complaint: You would think by watching this Rumble episode, it is the CIA keeping documents secret. Well, they are, but responsibility rests with Trump and Biden, and Paul Nakasone. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crawl at the end of JFK for document releases was the year 2029, not 2037.

Interesting that this is on Rumble.  People leaving You Tube.

Nice insights into Trump's second impeachment if true. Didn't know that about Rubio.

I like  that he is hammering the fact they should have been declassified back in 2017.

He nailed Pompeo pretty well.

What he says about the process of classification, that they want to classify everything including parking lot applications,  is  true. As is the whole access process: they know everything about us, while they keep everything secret.

Nice point about the dribbling out of documents being an illusion.

Like it or not, Carlson had an impact.

Mark Spitz  like.

Edited by James DiEugenio

13 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Mark Spitz  like.

Indeed ...

Ripples of hope. 

Can a couple of you guys get on Joe Rogan or Lex Fridman’s podcast? Jordan Peterson’s would be another with a massive following. I bet Patrick Bet David would do another JFK podcast too. GB News in the UK might also touch it. 

Who is GB News?

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

Who is GB News?

Its a UK network that has been around a few years, they challenge official narratives quite a bit, covering stuff that Britains conventional MSM won’t. 

Good analysis by Greenwald here.

My only criticism of the segment is that Greenwald goes out of his way to pin the blame on Mike Pompeo for Trump's decision to block the release of the JFK Records in October of 2017 and April of 2018.

But Trump was the POTUS.

Surely, Trump bears ultimate responsibility for that decision, just as Biden is, ultimately, responsible for his decision to block the release of the records this year.

Trump and Biden both failed to stand up to the CIA in the case of the JFK Records.

In an off-handed way, Greenwald is still trying to portray Trump as a passive victim of the Deep State and of Mike Pompeo's guile-- even blaming Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham for Trump's failure to pardon Snowden and Assange.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

Good analysis by Greenwald here.

My only criticism of the segment is that Greenwald goes out of his way to pin the blame on Mike Pompeo for Trump's decision to block the release of the JFK Records in October of 2017 and April of 2018.

But Trump was the POTUS.

Surely, Trump bears ultimate responsibility for that decision, just as Biden is, ultimately, responsible for his decision to block the release of the records this year.

Trump and Biden both failed to stand up to the CIA in the case of the JFK Records.

In an off-handed way, Greenwald is still trying to portray Trump as a passive victim of the Deep State and of Mike Pompeo's guile-- even blaming Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham for Trump's failure to pardon Snowden and Assange.

Finally we agree on something. Trump and Biden deserve foremost blame, loudly and upfront. 

After that, my understanding is NSA Director Paul Nakasone is the final person to make recommendations to Biden on what to keep secret.

Paul Nakasone's name is never even mentioned anywhere. Neither is CIA director William Burns. 

The public is getting the perception that "the government" has and is keeping records secret. 

Today, it is Biden and Nakasone preventing full disclosure of JFK records. 

Based on my FOIA litigation, Trump had no clue what was going on with the postponements. while he was tweeting that the records would be all released, the 13th draft of a letter from the Archivist to the POTUS recommending 3.5 year postponement was being negotiated. Both  Trump and Biden simply signed the orders. The NSC and White House Office of Counsel were the principal players in deciding what documents were to be postponed. Yes- the entrenched bureaucracy still rules.  

2 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Based on my FOIA litigation, Trump had no clue what was going on with the postponements. while he was tweeting that the records would be all released, the 13th draft of a letter from the Archivist to the POTUS recommending 3.5 year postponement was being negotiated. Both  Trump and Biden simply signed the orders. The NSC and White House Office of Counsel were the principal players in deciding what documents were to be postponed. Yes- the entrenched bureaucracy still rules.  

LS--

What you say may be true...but in the end, responsibility lays with the Chief Executive. 

LS: "Both Trump and Biden simply signed the orders."

!!!!!

Well, yes, because Trump and Biden had and have final authority. 

I would go even further, and state that, obviously, a US President can declassify any document and make it public, JFK Record or not. 

Otherwise, we face a situation in which the security-state decides what is public, and not our elected President. That is not democracy or good government. 

Surely, you must agree. 

I am missing something? I do not understand your line of reasoning. 

I don't either.

Only the president had the power to stop full disclosure back in 2017.

The law was very clear on this.

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Otherwise, we face a situation in which the security-state decides what is public, and not our elected President. That is not democracy or good government. 

That’s the way I think it works.