The Education Forum

J. D. Tippit: Was he part of the conspiracy?

John Simkin

Jersey Shore cop killed in similar way as Tippit.

http://www.nytimes.c...ion/17cops.html

....About 4 p.m. on Friday, Officer Matlosz, 27, pulled his police car alongside Mr. Crockam to talk to him on a pleasant, snowy street in Lakewood, officials said. Mr. Crockam stepped back, drew a handgun and shot Officer Matlosz once in the head before stepping forward to shoot two more times, the Ocean County prosecutor, Marlene Lynch Ford, said.

Officer Matlosz did not have time to draw his weapon or get out of his car, she said. He was pronounced dead at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune less than an hour later. His fiancée was by his side.

Why I Never Believed Oswald Killed Officer Tippit

http://www.maryferre...51&relPageId=79

FBI 105-82555 Oswald HQ File, Section 62

12/4/63

GENE ROBERTS, 1657 Nob Hill Street, Dallas, Texas, WHitehall6-4822

advised on November 22, 1963 at approximately 1:05 P.M., he was sitting in the Beckley Club

drinking coffee. He said the lady that owned the cafe had a radio on the counter and that they

were listening to reports of the assassination of the President.

A white female and male were sitting at the back of the cafe and walked to the front, whereupon

the white male asked "What's going on?" Mr. ROBERTS stated that the President had been

shot and the unknown white male stated that this was the best news he had heard. The white

female with him said he should not have said that. Mr. Roberts advised that the cafe owner also

heard this comment. Mr. Roberts advised that the white male was about 20 to 25, appeared to

be of Cuban or Puerto Rican or foreign extraction, 5'10" to 5'11," dark complexion and dark

hair. He advised the white female was about 18 to 20, 5'2" to 5'3" slender build, dark hair.

Mr. Roberts advised he finished his coffee and then drove down past the area where Officer

Tippit was shot and noticed a number of squad cars in the area. He said he asked some woman

nearby what had happened and they told him that a police officer had been shot and the body

had been removed. At this time Roberts stated he observed the same white male and female from

the cafe walk into a house directly across the street from where Officer Tippit had been shot

and enter a side door. He said this was about 405 E. 10th Street. He said the white male was

wearing a light green cloth jacket with leather patches on his elbows when he entered the

house and had the same jacket on when he came out alone about two minutes later. He said

he was straightening the jacket as if he had something hidden inside. He said the white male

kept looking back and forth over his shoulder and never inquired of any police officers what

had taken place. Roberts advised that he thought this was quite unusual and notified a police

sergeant on the scene about this individual

He advised the police sergeant told him that the man did not fit the description of the person

that had shot Officer Tippit.

On 12/3/63 at Dallas, Texas File DL 89-43

By Special Agent Robert E. Basham and James J Ward:jj Date dictated 12/4/63

Next page

Mr. Roberts advised that he had numerous friends on the police department and city council

and he got in touch with some of them and arrangements were made for him to see Detective

Joe R. Cody which he did shortly thereafter. He said he and Cody went to the area of

405A E. 10th Street, Dallas, Texas, which Detective Cody determined was occupied by a

Mr. and Mrs. PETER CIMINO. He said he made this determination through checking the

mailbox and cars parked in the area. He advised that he thought that the sergeant at the

scene should have arrested this man and found out who he was since he did act very

suspicious as far as he was concerned.

Roberts advised that since the above he had heard a few rumors and wondered whether

or not they had been checked out. He said that he learned from a Constable T. A. Vines,

offices in Oak Cliff Court House, Beckley and 12th Street that the woman was the night

manager of the Dobbs House, Beckley and Colorado, allegedly has claimed that Lee

Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby used to come into her restaurant two or three times a

week during the early morning hours.

He said he further heard that Lee Harvey Oswald had purchased his bullets for the rifle he

was using from Ray's Gun Shop on Singleton Blvd.

http://www.maryferre...51&relPageId=80

Two witnesses to the officer's murder were Mrs. Aquilla Clemons and Frank Wright, both lived on Tenth Street. Mrs. Clemons stated, "I saw two men near the policeman's car just before the shots. The man with the gun was short and chunky, kind of heavy build, wearing khaki and a white short," a description fitting Ruby, "the second man was thin and tall."

"The chunky man with the gun ran off in one direction, the second man in another."

Mr. Wright heard the shots in his front room, he said, "Stepping out my front door I caught sight of Officer Tippit in time to see him roll over then lie still. I saw a man of medium height wearing a long coat that ended just above his hands, he ran around the police car fast as he could and jumped in a little old gray coupe, he drove away very fast." Within three minutes radio cars and an ambulance arrived. Four empty casings were found on the ground ejected from an automatic pistol.

Sgt. Gerald Hill, an officer with many years of army experience and police work behind him recognized that the shells were ejected from an automatic pistol, he radioed this information immediately to headquarters. At the same time he ordered Office J.M. Poe to mark the casings with his initials to record the chain of evidence. Another patrol officer radioed in, "I have an eyeball witness to the suspect in the shooting, he's a white male armed with a dark finish automatic pistol." When arrested only minutes later in a theater Oswald carried a revolver which does not eject its shells.

The persons full name was Eugene Leslie Roberts

DMN 3/14/64 Visiting Reporters See Guilty Verdict

Gene Roberts Detroit Free Press: “I look for 25 to 35 years

There was a period when I thought Ruby might do better

but then the state had about eight witnesses that changed my mind”

Add the duality of Oswald's wallet's, recovered at the Tippit shooting scene; how many were there? possibly as many as four. The fact that the shells recovered at the scene of the Tippit shooting would never have been admissible in a court of law, due to the fact that there was not even a clear chain of evidentiary possession, that the Dallas Police could not even factually state that the shells recovered from Oswald's revolver were identical with the shells recovered from the Tippit crime scene, the time difference factually established, that proves the official time of Officer Tippit's death is a complete sham add up to one big zero in making Oswald the patsy in the Tippit murder.

PS For those [wishful] thinkers that would be pleasantly surprised to learn Gene Roberts was some sort of person of dubious character, you might want to read the following.

http://en.wikipedia....28journalist%29

For myself, persons like Gene Roberts and those like him, serve as an inspiration for researchers, for the simple reason that he did the right thing, he spoke up for the truth, when it wasn't what some people wanted to hear, and not only survived, but

made a life for himself, without compromising who he was.

robert i found this info from gene roberts posted here on the forum tucked away, fwiw...b

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12133

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey Shore cop killed in similar way as Tippit.

http://www.nytimes.c...ion/17cops.html

....About 4 p.m. on Friday, Officer Matlosz, 27, pulled his police car alongside Mr. Crockam to talk to him on a pleasant, snowy street in Lakewood, officials said. Mr. Crockam stepped back, drew a handgun and shot Officer Matlosz once in the head before stepping forward to shoot two more times, the Ocean County prosecutor, Marlene Lynch Ford, said.

Officer Matlosz did not have time to draw his weapon or get out of his car, she said. He was pronounced dead at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune less than an hour later. His fiancée was by his side.

12/4/63

advised on November 22, 1963 at approximately 1:05 P.M., he was sitting in the Beckley Club

drinking coffee. He said the lady that owned the cafe had a radio on the counter and that they

A white female and male were sitting at the back of the cafe and walked to the front, whereupon

the white male asked "What's going on?" Mr. ROBERTS stated that the President had been

shot and the unknown white male stated that this was the best news he had heard. The white

female with him said he should not have said that. Mr. Roberts advised that the cafe owner also

heard this comment. Mr. Roberts advised that the white male was about 20 to 25, appeared to

be of Cuban or Puerto Rican or foreign extraction, 5'10" to 5'11," dark complexion and dark

hair. He advised the white female was about 18 to 20, 5'2" to 5'3" slender build, dark hair.

Mr. Roberts advised he finished his coffee and then drove down past the area where Officer

Tippit was shot and noticed a number of squad cars in the area. He said he asked some woman

nearby what had happened and they told him that a police officer had been shot and the body

had been removed. At this time Roberts stated he observed the same white male and female from

the cafe walk into a house directly across the street from where Officer Tippit had been shot

and enter a side door. He said this was about 405 E. 10th Street. He said the white male was

wearing a light green cloth jacket with leather patches on his elbows when he entered the

house and had the same jacket on when he came out alone about two minutes later. He said

he was straightening the jacket as if he had something hidden inside. He said the white male

kept looking back and forth over his shoulder and never inquired of any police officers what

had taken place. Roberts advised that he thought this was quite unusual and notified a police

He advised the police sergeant told him that the man did not fit the description of the person

Next page

Mr. Roberts advised that he had numerous friends on the police department and city council

and he got in touch with some of them and arrangements were made for him to see Detective

Joe R. Cody which he did shortly thereafter. He said he and Cody went to the area of

405A E. 10th Street, Dallas, Texas, which Detective Cody determined was occupied by a

Mr. and Mrs. PETER CIMINO. He said he made this determination through checking the

mailbox and cars parked in the area. He advised that he thought that the sergeant at the

scene should have arrested this man and found out who he was since he did act very

Roberts advised that since the above he had heard a few rumors and wondered whether

or not they had been checked out. He said that he learned from a Constable T. A. Vines,

offices in Oak Cliff Court House, Beckley and 12th Street that the woman was the night

manager of the Dobbs House, Beckley and Colorado, allegedly has claimed that Lee

Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby used to come into her restaurant two or three times a

He said he further heard that Lee Harvey Oswald had purchased his bullets for the rifle he

Two witnesses to the officer's murder were Mrs. Aquilla Clemons and Frank Wright, both lived on Tenth Street. Mrs. Clemons stated, "I saw two men near the policeman's car just before the shots. The man with the gun was short and chunky, kind of heavy build, wearing khaki and a white short," a description fitting Ruby, "the second man was thin and tall."

"The chunky man with the gun ran off in one direction, the second man in another."

Mr. Wright heard the shots in his front room, he said, "Stepping out my front door I caught sight of Officer Tippit in time to see him roll over then lie still. I saw a man of medium height wearing a long coat that ended just above his hands, he ran around the police car fast as he could and jumped in a little old gray coupe, he drove away very fast." Within three minutes radio cars and an ambulance arrived. Four empty casings were found on the ground ejected from an automatic pistol.

Sgt. Gerald Hill, an officer with many years of army experience and police work behind him recognized that the shells were ejected from an automatic pistol, he radioed this information immediately to headquarters. At the same time he ordered Office J.M. Poe to mark the casings with his initials to record the chain of evidence. Another patrol officer radioed in, "I have an eyeball witness to the suspect in the shooting, he's a white male armed with a dark finish automatic pistol." When arrested only minutes later in a theater Oswald carried a revolver which does not eject its shells.

Gene Roberts Detroit Free Press: "I look for 25 to 35 years

but then the state had about eight witnesses that changed my mind"

Add the duality of Oswald's wallet's, recovered at the Tippit shooting scene; how many were there? possibly as many as four. The fact that the shells recovered at the scene of the Tippit shooting would never have been admissible in a court of law, due to the fact that there was not even a clear chain of evidentiary possession, that the Dallas Police could not even factually state that the shells recovered from Oswald's revolver were identical with the shells recovered from the Tippit crime scene, the time difference factually established, that proves the official time of Officer Tippit's death is a complete sham add up to one big zero in making Oswald the patsy in the Tippit murder.

PS For those [wishful] thinkers that would be pleasantly surprised to learn Gene Roberts was some sort of person of dubious character, you might want to read the following.

For myself, persons like Gene Roberts and those like him, serve as an inspiration for researchers, for the simple reason that he did the right thing, he spoke up for the truth, when it wasn't what some people wanted to hear, and not only survived, but

robert i found this info from gene roberts posted here on the forum tucked away, fwiw...b

http://educationforu...showtopic=12133

Thanks Bernice....

Mr Roberts, as I imagine you are well aware, a March 2, 1964 article in Newsweek Magazine claimed you had purchased a number of photographs of Oswald on behalf of the Detroit Free Press. As a negative of one of these photographs has never been located or analyzed, I was hoping you would choose to speak out at this late date regarding this incident, so that perhaps this negative denied even by the Warren Commission, can finally be found. There are many historians and researchers who consider the source of these photos and their eventual whereabouts of utmost interest. So I guess what I'm asking is really four simple questions..

1. Who sold you these photographs? If not the name then at least the occupation and the circumstances leading to this person gaining access to them.

2. What photos were included in your purchase?

3. Did the Warren Commission or the House Select Committee on Assassinations ever contact you or try to reacquire these photos?

4. Do you know what became of these photos?

Gene Roberts:

The photographs you asked about came from the files of the district attorneys office in Dallas. The DA got them from the FBI. They were the same photographs that were given to the Warren Commission.

The photographs included the well known photograph of Oswald holding a rifle in one hand and The Worker, the Communist Party newspaper from New York, in the other; photocopies of Oswald's identity cards, some with aliases and others in his own name;and some family photos, as I recall.

I don't remember the exact number, but there were possinly as many as 25 or 30. Almost all of the photographs were later made public, but at the time they were new to the reading public.

No negatives were involved, only copies of photos and documents in the FBI files. The FBI made them available to the Dallas DA to aid in the prosecution of the Jack Ruby case. I correctly guessed this might happen and made every effort to cultivate people in the DA's office in the hope files available to me from 8pm on a Saturday night to 8am on Sunday morning, a 12 hour period when the employee did not think anyone would be in the DA's office. I hired an experienced photolab person to photocopy the file during the 12 hour period. I stayed with him during the entire copying process and he provided me with two copies of every photo and document in the file.

I had planned to route each set of copies on different airlines from Dallas to my newspaper at the time, The Detroit Free Press in Detroit, Michigan but I was so sleep deprived that when I arrived at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Sunday at about 9am, I failed to make my instructions clear and both sets of photographs were routed on the same flight to Detroit. Because of weather conditions - or mechanical problems, I cant remember which - the plane was grounded in New Orleans for several hours.

Panic developed at the Free Press, which wanted the photos in time for the first edition of the Monday paper, which had a 6pm deadline on Sunday. We knew that life magazine had access to some of the photos and would start appearing at newsstands about noon on Monday. We wanted to beat them to the punch.

As the deadline approached, editors in Detroit asked me to describe the pictures and estimate the size of each photo that would be on page one. With this information, the paper set the type for the front page and made the page with holes for the pictures.

The plane arrived in Detroit about 30 minutes before deadline on Sunday at the Detroit airport, which was about 30 minutes by car from the Free Press Building. My editor, Derrick Daniels, had motorcycles waiting on the tarmac to speed the photos to the newsroom, where he had photo editors and airbrush artists waiting to expedite the photos into the paper. In 1964, engraving processes were not as sophisticated as they later became and it was commonplace to airbrush photos with white liquid chalk to heighten the definition between dark and gray areas in photographs. In the haste to get the photos in the paper, an airbrusher covered the sniper scope (on the rifle Oswald was holding along with The Worker Paper) with liquid chalk.

Our paper was indeed available several hours ahead of life. But when Life appeared on newsstands, its photo of Oswald with the Worker paper had a sniper scope. The Free Press photo did not. Armchair detectives around the world found this to be highly suspicious.

But the Life and Free Press photos were both copies of the very same photograph. Because airbrushes use liquid chalk that can be scratched away with a fingernail, you could easily determine that the photographs were the same. The apparent discrepancies of the photos have been mentioned several times over the years in books and articles, creating a mystery where none really existed. Had anyone taken the time to visit the morgues (libraries) of the two publications, they could have seen that the photos were the same.

Sincerely,

Gene Roberts

12/4/63

Next page

Gene Roberts Detroit Free Press: "I look for 25 to 35 years

but then the state had about eight witnesses that changed my mind"

http://educationforu...showtopic=12133

Thanks Bernice....

Mr Roberts, as I imagine you are well aware, a March 2, 1964 article in Newsweek Magazine claimed you had purchased a number of photographs of Oswald on behalf of the Detroit Free Press. As a negative of one of these photographs has never been located or analyzed, I was hoping you would choose to speak out at this late date regarding this incident, so that perhaps this negative denied even by the Warren Commission, can finally be found. There are many historians and researchers who consider the source of these photos and their eventual whereabouts of utmost interest. So I guess what I'm asking is really four simple questions..

1. Who sold you these photographs? If not the name then at least the occupation and the circumstances leading to this person gaining access to them.

2. What photos were included in your purchase?

3. Did the Warren Commission or the House Select Committee on Assassinations ever contact you or try to reacquire these photos?

4. Do you know what became of these photos?

Gene Roberts:

The photographs you asked about came from the files of the district attorneys office in Dallas. The DA got them from the FBI. They were the same photographs that were given to the Warren Commission.

The photographs included the well known photograph of Oswald holding a rifle in one hand and The Worker, the Communist Party newspaper from New York, in the other; photocopies of Oswald's identity cards, some with aliases and others in his own name;and some family photos, as I recall.

I don't remember the exact number, but there were possibly as many as 25 or 30. Almost all of the photographs were later made public, but at the time they were new to the reading public.

No negatives were involved, only copies of photos and documents in the FBI files. The FBI made them available to the Dallas DA to aid in the prosecution of the Jack Ruby case. I correctly guessed this might happen and made every effort to cultivate people in the DA's office in the hope files available to me from 8pm on a Saturday night to 8am on Sunday morning, a 12 hour period when the employee did not think anyone would be in the DA's office. I hired an experienced photolab person to photocopy the file during the 12 hour period. I stayed with him during the entire copying process and he provided me with two copies of every photo and document in the file.

I had planned to route each set of copies on different airlines from Dallas to my newspaper at the time, The Detroit Free Press in Detroit, Michigan but I was so sleep deprived that when I arrived at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Sunday at about 9am, I failed to make my instructions clear and both sets of photographs were routed on the same flight to Detroit. Because of weather conditions - or mechanical problems, I cant remember which - the plane was grounded in New Orleans for several hours.

Panic developed at the Free Press, which wanted the photos in time for the first edition of the Monday paper, which had a 6pm deadline on Sunday. We knew that life magazine had access to some of the photos and would start appearing at newsstands about noon on Monday. We wanted to beat them to the punch.

As the deadline approached, editors in Detroit asked me to describe the pictures and estimate the size of each photo that would be on page one. With this information, the paper set the type for the front page and made the page with holes for the pictures.

The plane arrived in Detroit about 30 minutes before deadline on Sunday at the Detroit airport, which was about 30 minutes by car from the Free Press Building. My editor, Derrick Daniels, had motorcycles waiting on the tarmac to speed the photos to the newsroom, where he had photo editors and airbrush artists waiting to expedite the photos into the paper. In 1964, engraving processes were not as sophisticated as they later became and it was commonplace to airbrush photos with white liquid chalk to heighten the definition between dark and gray areas in photographs. In the haste to get the photos in the paper, an airbrusher covered the sniper scope (on the rifle Oswald was holding along with The Worker Paper) with liquid chalk.

Our paper was indeed available several hours ahead of life. But when Life appeared on newsstands, its photo of Oswald with the Worker paper had a sniper scope. The Free Press photo did not. Armchair detectives around the world found this to be highly suspicious.

But the Life and Free Press photos were both copies of the very same photograph. Because airbrushes use liquid chalk that can be scratched away with a fingernail, you could easily determine that the photographs were the same. The apparent discrepancies of the photos have been mentioned several times over the years in books and articles, creating a mystery where none really existed. Had anyone taken the time to visit the morgues (libraries) of the two publications, they could have seen that the photos were the same.

Sincerely,

Gene Roberts

This is just getting too weird......

I had earlier mentioned my interest in the Tippit shooting and its relation to the "estate" on Tenth Street, which Harry Olsen [married Kathy Kay, Ruby Stripper]

was guarding on the day of the assassination.....

Whether, there is any connection remains to be seen, but on the latter.....

The historical record regarding the "estate on Tenth Street"

appears to be in serious need of another look.....

I would admonish those who may have heard the suggestion

that John Armstrong [Harvey and Lee] made to researchers

to check your original source documents, instead of quoting,

or referencing other books as applicable in this case. Why

Read on

Mr. Specter.

Where did you live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen.

On Ewing.

Mr. Specter.

What was your specific address?

Mrs. Olsen.

I think it was 325 North Ewing.

Mr. Specter.

Where did Mr. Olsen live at that time?

Mrs. Olsen.

In September?

Mr. Specter.

September of 1963.

Mrs. Olsen.

1963? I think he was at Theatre Lane.

Mr. Specter.

Where did Mr. Ruby live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen.

I think he lived on Ewing, too. I don't know the address; it was out further.

Mr. Specter.

Tell me as precisely as you can recollect what you did on Friday, November 22.

Mrs. Olsen.

Harry was guarding an estate on 8th Street just a ways from where I lived, and I fixed a lunch for him and stopped off at the 7-11 store to get him some milk, and that's when I heard that there had been some trouble downtown; a colored lady told me that.

Mr. Specter.

What time was that that you stopped at the 7-11 store?

Mrs. Olsen.

Oh, I guess about 12:30.

EXCERPT OF HARRY OLSEN'S WC TESTIMONY

Do you recall November 22, 1963, the day President Kennedy was assassinated?

Mr. Olsen.

Yes, sir.

Mr. Specter.

Tell me, as specifically as you can recollect, exactly what your activities were on that day.

Mr. Olsen.

I was employed by the Dallas Police Department and I was working at an extra job guarding an estate.

Mr. Specter.

Whose estate was that?

Mr. Olsen.

I don't remember the name.

Mr. Specter.

How did you happen to get that extra job?

Mr. Olsen.

A motorcycle officer was related to this elderly woman and he was doing work, but he was in the motor----

Mr. Specter.

Cade?

Mr. Olsen.

Motorcade of the President, and I was off that day and able to work it.

Mr, SPECTER. Do you recall the name of the motorcycle officer?

Mr. Olsen.

No.

Mr. Specter.

Where was that estate located?

Mr. Olsen.

On 8th Street in Dallas.

Mr. Specter.

Do you recall the specific address or the cross street on which it was located?

Mr. Olsen.

It's in the Oak Cliff area, it's approximately two blocks off of Stemmons.

Mr. Specter.

How did it happen that you were not on duty with the police department on the day President Kennedy was in town?

Mr. Olsen.

I had my leg in a cast and I was doing light duty, which was working in the office, patrol office, and I had asked them if they needed me to work that day and they said no.

Mr. Specter.

What sort of an accident did you have to injure your leg?

Mr. Olsen.

I fell and broke my kneecap.

Mr. Specter.

When did that occur?

Mr. Olsen.

Oh, several weeks before.

Mr. Specter.

At what hospital were you treated?

Mr. Olsen.

Baylor Hospital.

Mr. Specter.

Is that in Dallas?

Mr. Olsen.

Yes, sir; it's on Gaston.

Mr. Specter.

What time did you start to guard the estate on that particular Friday?

Mr. Olsen.

About 7 a.m.

Mr. Specter.

And how long did that guard duty last?

Mr. Olsen.

Until about 8.

Mr. Specter.

Eight p.m.?

Mr. Olsen.

P.m., yes, sir.

Mr. Specter.

Did you have any visitors while you were guarding the estate on that day?

Mr. Olsen.

Yes, sir.

Mr. Specter.

And who was the visitor or visitors?

Mr. Olsen.

Kay.

Mr. Specter.

What time did she visit you?

Mr. Olsen.

Right after the President was shot.

Mr. Specter.

How did you learn of the assassination of the President?

Mr. Olsen.

A woman called me on the phone who was a friend of the person who had lived there.

Mr. Specter.

Do you know who that woman was?

Mr. Olsen.

No, sir.- And she wanted to know if I had heard the news, and I said no and she said, "The President has been shot."

Mr. Specter.

What time did that telephone call occur?

Mr. Olsen.

Right after he was shot. I don't know exactly what time it was.

Mr. Specter.

Did you talk to anybody else on the telephone or in person between the telephone call and the time that Kay visited you?

Mr. Olsen.

Passers-by. I went outside.

Mr. Specter.

Whom did you see outside?

Mr. Olsen.

No one who I knew by name They just said, "Have you heard the news?" And I said, "Yes, I had."

1964 Dallas White Pages Residential Telephone Listings

Swafford, Annie Mrs. 611 W 8th Street WH 2-1541

Key to understanding why this is important, is that

the estate of the old lady whom Harry Olsen was "guarding" was a

relative of Dallas Police Officer Billy Swafford.

SWAFFORD, BILL -----

Sources: WC Vol 22, p. 915; CD 85, pp. 228-229

Mary's

Comments: Dallas Police Department officer, relative of old lady whose "estate"

Harry Olson was guarding on 11/22/63.

Thought for the day.

There were, at the same approximate time Harry Olsen recieved his anonymous

phone call after the assassination, other phone calls that are part of the historical

record; one of those phone calls was from Bertha Cheek to Earline Roberts, Oswald's

landlady. There also was a phone call

identity unknown, which was placed at 12:45 PM, this person

was insistent and used abusive language, the call was handled by an telephone

operator named Faye Massey, and the caller wanted the telephone number to Oswald

at 1026 N.Beckley*

It does not require a mind capable of thinking in the abstract to ponder whether

Mrs. Bertha Cheek or Earline Roberts placed the call to Harry Olsen.

* Source

The Peter Vea Index

A Chronological Listing of Memo's and Leads in the Garrison Probe

of the Assassination of President Kennedy

entry for September 18, 1967

The plot thickens

Edited by Robert Howard

I had earlier mentioned my interest in the Tippit shooting and its relation to the "estate" on Tenth Street, which Harry Olsen [married Kathy Kay, Ruby Stripper]

The historical record regarding the "estate on Tenth Street" appears to be in serious need of another look.....

I would admonish those who may have heard the suggestion that John Armstrong [Harvey and Lee] made to researchers to check your original source documents, instead of quoting, or referencing other books as applicable in this case. Why

Read on

Mr. Specter. Where did you live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen. On Ewing.

Mr. Specter. What was your specific address?

Mrs. Olsen. I think it was 325 North Ewing.

Mr. Specter. Where did Mr. Olsen live at that time?

Mrs. Olsen. In September?

Mr. Specter. September of 1963.

Mrs. Olsen. 1963? I think he was at Theatre Lane.

Mr. Specter. Where did Mr. Ruby live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen. I think he lived on Ewing, too. I don't know the address; it was out further.

Mr. Specter. Tell me as precisely as you can recollect what you did on Friday, November 22.

Mrs. Olsen. Harry was guarding an estate on 8th Street just a ways from where I lived, and I fixed a lunch for him and stopped off at the 7-11 store to get him some milk, and that's when I heard that there had been some trouble downtown; a colored lady told me that.

Mr. Specter. What time was that that you stopped at the 7-11 store?

Mrs. Olsen. Oh, I guess about 12:30.

Mr. Specter. In the afternoon?

Key to understanding why this is important, is that the estate of the old lady whom Harry Olsen was "guarding" was a relative of Dallas Police Officer Billy Swafford.

SWAFFORD, BILL -----

Mary's Comments: Dallas Police Department officer, relative of old lady whose "estate" Harry Olson was guarding on 11/22/63.

The plot thickens

611 West 8th Street is 1.3 miles from 325 North Ewing, a fairly considerable distance for a guy on crutches to walk twice in a day, and not really what you'd call "just a ways from where [Kay] lived." A 7-11 store, incidentally, is still in the same location as it had been 50 years ago at the corner of Marsalis and East 8th, about 1/5 mile (about 3 blocks) from Kay's apartment. See this map showing Kay's apartment at "A" and the 7-11 at "B" and 611 W 8th at "C".

Remember that Harry claimed that the officer whose "elderly female relative" owned the "estate" was a motorcycle officer who was working in or in conjunction with the motorcade. Swafford was part of the radio patrol division, which typically drove automobiles as I understand it, motors being generally assigned to Traffic. Just because Harry said it doesn't mean it's true, but if it is, it tends away from Swafford being the officer in question.

Swafford's assignment, if he was on duty, should be among the DPD reports. He was assigned to District 105, which was downtown, according to one of the references above. He is also referenced in Batchelor Exhibit 5002, "Dallas Police Personnel Assignments, November 1963" at 19/121 as being assigned to the First Platoon whose work hours were from midnight to 8:00 a.m. This would not have precluded Swafford from guarding his relative's house - if that was really the case - during the parade as he'd have been off for more than four hours by the time it started.

As I recall, Harry also said that the "estate" was located just a couple of blocks from the "Stemmons Freeway" (which, while being the same physical highway (now I-35E), it is named the R.L. Thornton Expressway along the stretch in Oak Cliff) and possibly east of it. This likewise tends away from the "estate" being located on West 8th Street.

FWIW, as you go east on 8th from the freeway, it curves south and becomes Bonnie View, which in turn leads south to Kiest. It is the most likely route that JD Tippit took from Kiest & Bonnie View to 8th & Lancaster, and takes 8-9 minutes to drive at the speed limit (40 mph most of the way), about the same amount of time as between Tippit's two radio calls stating his location.

The historical record regarding the "estate on Tenth Street" appears to be in serious need of another look.....

I would admonish those who may have heard the suggestion that John Armstrong [Harvey and Lee] made to researchers to check your original source documents, instead of quoting, or referencing other books as applicable in this case. Why

Read on

Mr. Specter. Where did you live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen. On Ewing.

Mr. Specter. What was your specific address?

Mrs. Olsen. I think it was 325 North Ewing.

Mr. Specter. Where did Mr. Olsen live at that time?

Mrs. Olsen. In September?

Mr. Specter. September of 1963.

Mrs. Olsen. 1963? I think he was at Theatre Lane.

Mr. Specter. Where did Mr. Ruby live in September of 1963?

Mrs. Olsen. I think he lived on Ewing, too. I don't know the address; it was out further.

Mr. Specter. Tell me as precisely as you can recollect what you did on Friday, November 22.

Mrs. Olsen. Harry was guarding an estate on 8th Street just a ways from where I lived, and I fixed a lunch for him and stopped off at the 7-11 store to get him some milk, and that's when I heard that there had been some trouble downtown; a colored lady told me that.

Mr. Specter. What time was that that you stopped at the 7-11 store?

Mrs. Olsen. Oh, I guess about 12:30.

Mr. Specter. In the afternoon?

Key to understanding why this is important, is that the estate of the old lady whom Harry Olsen was "guarding" was a relative of Dallas Police Officer Billy Swafford.

SWAFFORD, BILL -----

Mary's Comments: Dallas Police Department officer, relative of old lady whose "estate" Harry Olson was guarding on 11/22/63.

The plot thickens

611 West 8th Street is 1.3 miles from 325 North Ewing, a fairly considerable distance for a guy on crutches to walk twice in a day, and not really what you'd call "just a ways from where [Kay] lived." A 7-11 store, incidentally, is still in the same location as it had been 50 years ago at the corner of Marsalis and East 8th, about 1/5 mile (about 3 blocks) from Kay's apartment. See this map showing Kay's apartment at "A" and the 7-11 at "B" and 611 W 8th at "C".

Remember that Harry claimed that the officer whose "elderly female relative" owned the "estate" was a motorcycle officer who was working in or in conjunction with the motorcade. Swafford was part of the radio patrol division, which typically drove automobiles as I understand it, motors being generally assigned to Traffic. Just because Harry said it doesn't mean it's true, but if it is, it tends away from Swafford being the officer in question.

Swafford's assignment, if he was on duty, should be among the DPD reports. He was assigned to District 105, which was downtown, according to one of the references above. He is also referenced in Batchelor Exhibit 5002, "Dallas Police Personnel Assignments, November 1963" at 19/121 as being assigned to the First Platoon whose work hours were from midnight to 8:00 a.m. This would not have precluded Swafford from guarding his relative's house - if that was really the case - during the parade as he'd have been off for more than four hours by the time it started.

As I recall, Harry also said that the "estate" was located just a couple of blocks from the "Stemmons Freeway" (which, while being the same physical highway (now I-35E), it is named the R.L. Thornton Expressway along the stretch in Oak Cliff) and possibly east of it. This likewise tends away from the "estate" being located on West 8th Street.

FWIW, as you go east on 8th from the freeway, it curves south and becomes Bonnie View, which in turn leads south to Kiest. It is the most likely route that JD Tippit took from Kiest & Bonnie View to 8th & Lancaster, and takes 8-9 minutes to drive at the speed limit (40 mph most of the way), about the same amount of time as between Tippit's two radio calls stating his location.

Point well taken...this is definitely pertinent...the entire page is even more illuminating.

I know I emphasized doing one's own document sourcing, but you won't find the following

in any document.....

Prof. Pulte and Greg and Joe Lowery feel that the “estate” was almost

certainly the large old house at 425 E. 8th [street] owned by

Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley law partner George Gardere and Cruger Ragland

an insurance agent whose father Alphonsus had served on the Dallas

Crime Commission with Earle Cabell

There are only two houses on East 8th Street large enough to have been though of as

“estates:” 425 and 431 E. 8th, and the “estate” Olsen referred to must have been one of those

two houses. Lt. Jay Finley told Prof. Pulte during their drive down E. 8th Street together that

“plumbers named Johnson” used to hang out at 431 during 1960. Research showed

that the owner of 431 W.W. Davidson was related to the “plumbers named Johnson”

including Tommy Johnson and D. H. McFadin.

Davidson himself worked for Magnolia Oil for decades

The Johnson plumbers might have worked for the Beard Company, which contracted

for jobs with the Wallace plumbers. Kennedy assassination witness Howard Brennan

worked for them. Both the Wallace and Beard companies were conflated together

and reported as the “Wallace Beard Company” by the Warren Commission in

reporting Brennan’s testimony. The Beard Company was located just eight blocks

west of 431 E. 8th, on the same street......

excerpt page 341, The Radical Right and The Death of JFK - Harrison Livingstone

Can't wait to see what develops.

I should probably apologize beforehand for posting the following, as almost all, probably all information relative

to the subject is on the MKULTRA thread. But I am posting it here, because by virtue of his being a Dallas resident

he figures into the equation, at least as "one of the names," relevant to the time period.

I will also try to get back to the original thrust of my post regarding Gene Roberts and Peter Cimino.

But for now, I am going to weigh in on another person whose name loomed large at one time.

Thomas R Peasner. Unless someone produces something conclusive regarding a substantive

fact to indicate otherwise, I believe that Peasner, was thrown out as a red herring in case

the case against Oswald imploded. Reason: Abraham Bolden claimed that he was very aware

the weekend of the assassination the Secret Service was very actively seeking the whereabouts

of someone named Heard or Hurt. Evidence corroborates this claim.

If there was one scintilla of evidence that Peasner was a suspect, or, that the allegation he had worked

as a piano player for Jack Ruby and had left town after purchasing a rifle with a hot check, was a fact

and there was a reason to indicate he had the capability to commit an extreme act of violence, I do not

believe there would be such a barren information trail regarding his bona fides as a "suspect."

The excerpt of the document posted below implies that he may have been subjected to brainwash

indoctrination as a POW, but it is implied that there was a mindset within Army G-2, he was just

"playing the game," using the same word used in the document for purposes of

"expediency."

It is also worth pointing out his story recieved media attention, if there was a reason to

believe he was a real suspect, there would not be a generation of persons, who don't

even know who he was.

Addendum: The CIA had their own conspiracy theories

on the assassination, albeit all of them utilizing Lee

Oswald as a witting agent, for the most part.

They were, at least the big names The Soviet Union, Cuba and China.

If you go to NARA you can probably see some references to China

in that context, see CHICOMS.

The truth of the mater is that it was one thing to

accuse the Soviets and the Castro government of complicity,

but it was quite another to drag China into a "weak"

link incriminating them re Pres. Kennedy's assassination.

Nevertheless, there are CIA documents which touch on

them specifically, a Chinese delegation attending a meeting in Mexico

pretty close to November 22, 1963

DMN October 4, 1970

Thomas R. Peasner, Jr. Lancaster.

Survived by mother, Mrs. Lydia Peasner

son Thomas R. Peasner III, U.S. Coast Guard.

daughters: Dana Caprice Peasner, Eilena Katherine

Peasner, both of Dallas. Brothers: David Peasner,

Richardson, Duane Peasner,Louisiana. Military

graveside services 2:30 p.m. Monday, Fort Sam

Houston National Cemetery, San Antonio

BYRUM FUNERAL HOME, Lancaster

PEASNER, THOMAS REDMAN JR, 10-05-70, PFC/USA, X, 1333

http://txbexar.eppygen.org/Cemeteries/Ft_Sam_Houston/Ft_Sam_Houston_P.htm

Columbian, The (Vancouver, WA)

February 14, 2004

Copyright © 2004 The Columbian Publishing Co., P.O. Box 180, Vancouver, WA 98666.

Columbian, The (Vancouver, WA) - February 11, 2004

Deceased Name: Thomas R. Peasner III -- Vancouver

Thomas R. Peasner III died Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2004, in Vancouver. He was 53.

He was born Oct. 30, 1950, in Dallas, Texas, and had lived in Vancouver since 1991.

He worked as a network engineer in the computer industry.

He liked playing guitar and played for several churches.

A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 15, 2004, at Abundant Life Church. Davies Cremation and Burial Services is in charge of arrangements.

Survivors include two daughters, Leslie Rives of Mississippi and Kristen Peasner of Vancouver; one son, Matthew of Vancouver; two sisters, Dana Scott and

Elena Kidd, both of Austin, Texas; and one granddaughter.

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Thomas R. Peasner [THOMAS RODMAN PEASNER, JR]

Robert......most are dated circa 1953-56

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/docset/getList.do?docSetId=1269

NO TITLE, SUBJECTS: THOMAS R. PEASNER; [ RESTRICTED ]

POW ASKS WIFE TO JOIN IN CAMPAIGN FOR WORLD PEACE

This document is only partially legible, I have managed to salvage a small section

6/28/63

(Fourth Army) G-2 Comment: (Confidential)

It appears that Peasner may have been subjected to an intensive Communist indoctrination as a POW.

As his letter contains elements of the G-2 line, it is possible he may have fallen victim to the

indoctrination program. It is also possible that Peasner found it expedient to cooperate with

the Chinese authorities while not actually believing in their principles. Whatever the case,

The Chinese People’s Committee for World Peace is probably using Peasner for propaganda

purposes. Robeson, [negro] Fast and Gates are all well known CP members. The Daily Worker

is the official organ of the American CP and the Masses and Mainstream, (now The New Masses)

has been cited by the House-UnAmerican Activities as a CP front organization

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=95398

In regards to the alt.assassination.jfk postings, I will

practice the fairness doctrine, and give the other side

of the story........

The individual who mentions him, does so in context with Bertha Cheek's

apartments and as [potentially?] the killer of Officer Tippit.

Remember that game show called The Weakest Link

Well, it is time to separate the wheat from the chaff.....

BEGIN

The U.S. Army cleared Peasner of treason in 1956, but the FBI kept tabs on

him. The Army was destroying Peasner's records on 13 Aug, 1963. I can't

figure out yet, if Peasner, was an informer, double or triple agent in

relationship to the ICC (International Communist Conspiracy) or what, but

without doubt he was the number one "subversive" in Dallas on November 22,

1963. If you can find another, PLEASE let me know about him.

Both Oswald and Peasner lived in Oak Cliff, in homes owned by Mrs. Bertha

Cheek, only a few blocks apart. DP officer Olsen's (girlfriend later

wife) lived at 325 N. Ewing only a block from Peasner and worked for Ruby.

Peasner worked at least one night as a piano player in one of Ruby's

clubs. I believe the "estate" that Officer Olsen was watching was

actually Peasner's residence. That "estate" was created after the fact to

replace Peasner's home.

I'm shocked that no file dealing with Cheek's renter's mentions Peasner,

while there was a detailed look into her rentals and renters. The Cuban's

on Gaston are mentioned, but no leading "street agitator" being watched

by the FBI and US Army at this same address. (525 N. Ewing)

On 9 November 1963, using a bad check, Peasner purchased a rifle at Sears.

I believe Peasner is involved in the actions in DP and in the death of JDT

in Oak Cliff. Two "Marxist's" such as Oswald and Peasner are worth

investigating in my opinion.

That's about as brief as I can be on my interests. I'm conducting a

detailed research project at the Army War College and have three seperate

FOIA requests being prepared on Peasner. I have additional details, files

and reports in support of my concerns, but I wanted to show some of the

concerns.

Robert: I did go to the trouble of checking addresses in Dallas

circa 1963-64, I didn't find anything except what is below

The Dallas 1964 Telephone Directory Whitepages residential listings has only two

Dallas listings for the name Peasner, They were:

David Peasner 609 LaSalle Drive tel. AD 5-2705 [presently in the 75203 Zip Code area]

Eve Peasner 4909 Hall St. tel. LA 1-2001 [presently in the 75204 Zip Code area]

Final Argument Regarding Peasner as red herring; the 1953 Senate Subcommittee Hearings

that delved into this subject, included among its members.

Sen James O Eastland of Mississippi and Chief Counsel Robert Morris.....

I am aware of Peter Fokes and James Olmstead's work in this area, James Olmstead pointed out the Eastland, Morris connection in the first place,

which is definitely a clue where all this probably originated

Here is one link

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/1f6200fff825cc23/c1ace2a59a6cffaf?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Thomas+Peasner#c1ace2a59a6cffaf

You can also search alt.assassination.jfk, to get the whole rundown........

Guest Tom Scully

Political partisans never tire in their efforts to discredit John Dean, but I am posting this anyway, FWIW. Some of the other posts in the short thread containing the following post have relevant and interesting info related to Harry Olsen, too.

Dixie wrote:

The owner (s) of 425 E 8th Street were, George Gardere and Cruger Ragland.

Gardere, was a law partner of, Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley.

Re the law firm, this is from a different thread (my post):

There is another remarkable, if perhaps coincidental, connection between Watergate and the events surrounding the Kennedy assassination.

We had previously discussed the theory that the Watergate burglary was really about a high-class call girl ring being run out of the Democrat National Committee. In the book Silent Coup, Len Colodny advances the theory that John Dean orchestrated the break-in and the cover-up because his fiancé, Mo Biner (who he later married) was the room-mate of the head of the call-girl ring. (Contrary to a previous posting on this site, I am unaware of any writer that claims that Mo herself was a prostitute.)

It turns out that Mo Biner had a very interesting boyfriend before she met John Dean. His name was Bedford Wynne. Bedford Wynne was the senior partner of the Dallas law firm of Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley, and he served as the Washington troubleshooter for the Murchison oil and construction interests in Texas. A true wheeler-dealer, in January of 1963 Wynne raised $500,000 (in 1963 dollars, remember!) for the Texas Democrat Party.

Perhaps parenthetically, one member of Bedford Wynne’s firm, Morris Jaffe, was the attorney for the mysterious Baron George de Mohrenschildt.

We already know that around the time of the assassination the congressional investigation of the Bobby Baker scandal was heating up. The November 22, 1963

edition of Life magazine reported that Bedford Wynne was a member of Bobby

Baker’s Quorum Club, which had become notorious as a place of assignation between politicians and call girls. Ellen Rometsch had been one of the call girls associated with the Quorum Club. Rometsch’s lovers included President Kennedy and a member of the Soviet Embassy, the same kind of relationship that had caused the Profumo scandal in England. Robert Kennedy had to appeal to J. Edgar Hoover to intervene with the leaders of the Senate to stop the investigation into the "sex angle" of the Bobby Baker case. The exposure of Kennedy's link to Rometsch could have brought down his presidency, but for the intervention of J. Edgar Hoover.

(Hoover's participation in this matter is one reason I doubt he had any involvement in the assassination. Had he wanted to destroy the Kennedy presidency, he had far easier ways to do so than a complicated assassination scheme. Of course, it is possible that if Kennedy had been toppled by a scandal in 1963, it could have destroyed Johnson's candicacy in 1964. And, as we know, Johnson was facing his own issues.)

Wynne’s family controlled the Great Southwest Corporation in Dallas, a firm that played an important role in the events immediately after the assassination.

At 6:30 on Sunday morning, November 24, Marguerite Oswald called Peter

Gregory, a friend of Lee and Marina Oswald, who had been giving Russian lessons to Marguerite. She asked Gregory to help get her and Marina a place to stay away

from media attention. Gregory called a secret service agent who made reservations for them at the Inn of the Six Flags, in a Dallas suburb. The Inn was one of the principal real estate assets of the Great Southwest Corporation. At the Inn, Marina met its manager, James Herbert Martin, who soon became her personal manager. It was Martin who negotiated the sale of the backyard photographs to Life magazine. (A FBI record linked Martin with a semi-underworld character, but this report was not disclosed until 1972).

In February of 1964 Marina fired Martin and replaced him with William A. McKenzie, a lawyer who had been a college friend of Bedford Wynnne and, until late 1963, a member of Bedford Wynne’s firm of Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley. In late 1963 or early 1964 McKenzie entered a law partnership with Peter White. The new office number of the McKemzie-White firm was found in the notebook of Jack Ruby’s assistant Larry Crafard. White testified that he had “bumped into” Jack Ruby on November 20, 1963.

There is much more to the story of the prominence of the Great Souuthwest Corporation and the Bedford Wynne firm in the events following the assassination. It is detailed in Chapter Eighteen of Peter Dale Scott’s masterful

book “Deep Politics and the Death of JFK”.

Political partisans never tire in their efforts to discredit John Dean, but I am posting this anyway, FWIW. Some of the other posts in the short thread containing the following post have relevant and interesting info related to Harry Olsen, too.

Dixie wrote:

There is another remarkable, if perhaps coincidental, connection between Watergate and the events surrounding the Kennedy assassination.

We had previously discussed the theory that the Watergate burglary was really about a high-class call girl ring being run out of the Democrat National Committee. In the book Silent Coup, Len Colodny advances the theory that John Dean orchestrated the break-in and the cover-up because his fiancé, Mo Biner (who he later married) was the room-mate of the head of the call-girl ring. (Contrary to a previous posting on this site, I am unaware of any writer that claims that Mo herself was a prostitute.)

It turns out that Mo Biner had a very interesting boyfriend before she met John Dean. His name was Bedford Wynne. Bedford Wynne was the senior partner of the Dallas law firm of Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley, and he served as the Washington troubleshooter for the Murchison oil and construction interests in Texas. A true wheeler-dealer, in January of 1963 Wynne raised $500,000 (in 1963 dollars, remember!) for the Texas Democrat Party.

Perhaps parenthetically, one member of Bedford Wynne's firm, Morris Jaffe, was the attorney for the mysterious Baron George de Mohrenschildt.

We already know that around the time of the assassination the congressional investigation of the Bobby Baker scandal was heating up. The November 22, 1963

Baker's Quorum Club, which had become notorious as a place of assignation between politicians and call girls. Ellen Rometsch had been one of the call girls associated with the Quorum Club. Rometsch's lovers included President Kennedy and a member of the Soviet Embassy, the same kind of relationship that had caused the Profumo scandal in England. Robert Kennedy had to appeal to J. Edgar Hoover to intervene with the leaders of the Senate to stop the investigation into the "sex angle" of the Bobby Baker case. The exposure of Kennedy's link to Rometsch could have brought down his presidency, but for the intervention of J. Edgar Hoover.

(Hoover's participation in this matter is one reason I doubt he had any involvement in the assassination. Had he wanted to destroy the Kennedy presidency, he had far easier ways to do so than a complicated assassination scheme. Of course, it is possible that if Kennedy had been toppled by a scandal in 1963, it could have destroyed Johnson's candicacy in 1964. And, as we know, Johnson was facing his own issues.)

Wynne's family controlled the Great Southwest Corporation in Dallas, a firm that played an important role in the events immediately after the assassination.

Gregory, a friend of Lee and Marina Oswald, who had been giving Russian lessons to Marguerite. She asked Gregory to help get her and Marina a place to stay away

from media attention. Gregory called a secret service agent who made reservations for them at the Inn of the Six Flags, in a Dallas suburb. The Inn was one of the principal real estate assets of the Great Southwest Corporation. At the Inn, Marina met its manager, James Herbert Martin, who soon became her personal manager. It was Martin who negotiated the sale of the backyard photographs to Life magazine. (A FBI record linked Martin with a semi-underworld character, but this report was not disclosed until 1972).

In February of 1964 Marina fired Martin and replaced him with William A. McKenzie, a lawyer who had been a college friend of Bedford Wynnne and, until late 1963, a member of Bedford Wynne's firm of Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley. In late 1963 or early 1964 McKenzie entered a law partnership with Peter White. The new office number of the McKemzie-White firm was found in the notebook of Jack Ruby's assistant Larry Crafard. White testified that he had "bumped into" Jack Ruby on November 20, 1963.

There is much more to the story of the prominence of the Great Souuthwest Corporation and the Bedford Wynne firm in the events following the assassination. It is detailed in Chapter Eighteen of Peter Dale Scott's masterful

book "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK".

OWEN, GEORGE W., JR.

Sources: Dallas City Directory 1963; Deep Politics, Scott, pp. 234, 240-241;

Silent Coup, Colodny & Gettlin, pp. 131, 134

Mary's

Comments: In 1963, Owen is shown in Dallas City Directory as president of The University

Club of Dallas, 1415-1/2 Commerce, Dallas, TX. Dave Cherry was bartender at the University

Club. (The Carousel Club was located at 1312-1/2 Commerce, Dallas.) Owen was also a scout

for the Dallas Cowboys and later became associated with the New Orleans Saints. His second

wife was Maureen "Mo" Biner who later became Maureen Dean, the wife of John Dean of Watergate

fame, and who has in recent years broadened his horizons and is simultaneously an

author, columnist, and commentator on contemporary politics, especially the foibles of

the Republican Party.

DMN July 4, 1973

Mrs Dean Reported to Have Dallas Connections

Maureen Dean, who has become the "mystery woman,"

as the fashion-plate wife of ousted White House counsel

John Dean, formerly was a Dallas airline stewardess

and model and reportedly has another Dallas connection.

According to friends, Mrs. Dean was married in 1967 and 1968

to George Owen of Dallas, at the time he was employed

as director of player-relations for the New Orleans Saints

in New Orleans.

Owen, now an associate in a Dallas real-estate investments

firm, refused to answer any questions Tuesday.

"He's not granting any interviews," a secretary

in the plush Preston Towers office of Henry Kyle said.

While sports figures in New Orleans and Dallas

(Owen formerly was on the business staff of the Dallas Cowboys)

appear familiar with the marriage, Mrs. Dean did not acknowledge it

on her marriage license application to Dean.

She lists herself in the application filed at Alexandria, Va., in

October as Maureen Elizabeth Biner, a widow,

married only once before (to the late Michael Biner

a Los Angeles area stockbroker).

Biographical data on the 27 year-old, platinum-blonde

who has sat behind John Wesley Dean III throughout his five long

days of nationally televised Watergate testimony has not been easy

to come by.

American Airlines verified that Maureen Elizabeth Kane

(her family name) of Los Angeles was graduated from their

Stewardess College at Greater Southwest International Airport

April 14, 1966. She was based in Dallas until Oct. 1, 1966, when

she left the company......

Before coming to Dallas to become a stewardess, Mrs. Dean

attended Santa Monica City College, was a secretary-receptionist

for an insurance agency in California and was hostess in the Tea Room

of Bullock's, near Los Angeles.

(According to the story, Michael Biner was killed in an automobile accident)

Of all the topics that intertwine in the Kennedy saga, baseball was not one that I ever

contemplated being on the list, but it is on the list.

Looks like Bill Kelly was right, as I jumped the gun on coming to the conclusion that Peter William Cimino

the baseball pitcher, could not have been the same Pete Cimino described by Gene Roberts.....

It was, as a matter of fact definitely the same Pete Cimino

In 1963 he began the season as a pitcher at the AA level for the Charlotte Hornets,

a few months later he was a relief pitcher for the AAA Dallas-Ft. Worth Rangers managed by Jack McKeown

Brief background of the Dallas Ft. Worth Rangers

In 1960 the Dallas Eagles and their old archrival, the Fort Worth Cats, were combined into one team as the Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers and competed in the American Association. During its years in the association, the team split its home games between Burnett Field and LaGrave Field in Fort Worth. Then, when the American Association disbanded in 1962, the Rangers joined the Pacific Coast League. The Dallas-Fort Worth team competed in the Pacific Coast League in 1963. Fort Worth businessman Tommy Mercer bought the franchise and returned Fort Worth to the Texas League in 1964; Dallas remained in the Pacific Coast League.

Related Dallas Morning News Stories

Jan 23, 1960 “Yep, He Did” Cimino’s 114 point game for Bristoe High School,

on January 22, 1960,

January 31, 1963 “Rangers Sign Four Hurlers” the four rookies are Joe Balinsky, Pete Cimino, George Balinsky and John Quinn

March 25, 1963 “Out at the Plate, but a Hit at Home” - “Dallas Fort Worth tackles Columbus of the International League, a Triple A farm team of the Pittsburgh organization here Monday, and Mgr. Jack McKeown has nominated Ted Sadowski, Al Schroll and Pete Cimino to pitch.”

August 24, 1963 “Bears Claw Rangers” - “Some pitching help was reported on the way, however. Righthander Pete Cimino, who was with the Rangers in spring training and the early days of the pennant race, has been recalled from Charleston of the Sally League, where he pitched a 3-hit shutout, Thursday night.”

September 9, 1963 “89ers Split Win Division” - “Oklahoma took the Burnett Field nightcap

after the Dallas-Ft. Worth Rangers had won the afternoon game at Fort Worth 4-3, to sew up the Pacific League’s Southern

Division title Sunday.Two rookies, Jim O’Donoghue and Pete Cimino combined in the afternoon to beat [OK89ers] Jerry Nelson.”

September 10, 1963 “Twins Call up 3 as Rangers Scatter; 1964 Team Assured” - “Bonakowski and pitcher Pete Cimino will play in the Florida Instructional League at St. Petersburg beginning Oct. 1”

FBI 44-24016 Ruby HQ File, Section 36

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57022&relPageId=226

Mr. Albert Schroll, residence 711 East Colorado professional pitcher for the Minnesota Twins

Baseball Club, currently employed as a salesman at the Fink Paint Company, 2605 Elm, Dallas

advised he had first became acquainted with Jack Ruby in about the middle of September 1963

when he came to Dallas.

He was never a member of Ruby’s clubs but was allowed to enter the club because of his status

as a baseball pitcher. Ruby appeared interested in sports and suggested at their first meeting

that he might be able to employ Schroll in the capacity of bouncer in one of his clubs.

Schroll was thereafter employed one evening at Ruby’s Vegas Club and “off and on” for

approximately one month at the Carousel Club. His duties were to assist in the seating of

customers and to keep down possible rowdyism among them.

He had no association with Ruby outside of his employment.

From his observations of Ruby, it was his opinion that Ruby was a highly emotional

individual, which has led him to believe that the shooting of Oswald was in no way

premeditated.

Mr. Scholl had never heard of Lee Harvey Oswald prior to the Presidential assassination

and was aware of no connection between Oswald and Ruby.

He was not aware of any reasons why Ruby shot Oswald,

During his employment at Ruby’s club, Mr. Schroll became aware that several police officers

of the Dallas Police Department frequented the clubs and appeared friendly with Ruby

He was not aware of the names or identities of such officers.

The SA writing up this document cannot seem to make up his mind how he wants to spell

SCHROLL's name.

Cimino is not that unusual of a name, there are other Cimino's of interest....as indicated below

1965 photo of Pete Cimino second from left in back

http://yeahminnesotatwins.tumblr.com/

re the above URL re the Minnesota Twins, there is a four letter popular expletive deleted that prefaces

yeahminnesotatwins it, the four letter word is sometimes referenced as an F-Bomb

MARY FERRELL ADVANCED SEARCH RESULTS CIMINO

Books

With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit pg 383, by Myers, Dale K. (1998)

Cimino and others begin to gather at Tippit's body Benavides climbs from his truck and joins the gathering crowd Then he makes his way to Tippit's squad car to notify police Mrs Mary Wright and......

With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit pg 601, by Myers, Dale K. (1998)

Endnotes 601 IBID [Note Frank Cimino's account describes the 90 seconds that elapsed between the shooting and the

arrival of Ted Callaway and other witnesses Although Cimino himself did not see the......

Contract on America: The Mafia Murders of John and Robert Kennedy pg 365, by Scheim, David E. (1983)

Mobster became chief of police of a Chicago suburb When Rocco Salvatore was tried for a speeding violation in 1966 Melrose Park Police Sergeant Dominic Cimino attested to Salvatore's fine character and told the court that Salvatore needed his driver's license for his business Cimino was later temporarily suspended from the Melrose Park Force when it surfaced that Sam’s business was acting as a chauffeur and bodyguard for Chicago Mafioso Sam Battaglia.

But in 1967, Dominick Cimino became chief of police of Melrose Park. Shortly afterwards reports surfaced that Cimino often met with Charles [Chuck] Nicoletti, a mob enforcer and terrorist. “News accounts related that Chief Cimino was observed conferring with Nicoletti almost daily.” citation Cressey, Theft Of A Nation

Dealey Plaza Echo Volume 8 Issue 2

Helen Markham and Document 106 Part II by Alaric Rosman

testimony of Mrs Virginia Davis) Scoggins (3H 336) Frank Cimino (CD 7/411

Unindexed WC document Facsimile at Myers p 538

Documents “US v Cimino 427 F 2nd 129. Cert. denied, 400 U.S. 911

above see google scholar

NO TITLE pg 3

Found in: FBI - HSCA Subject File: Irwin Stanley Weiner

NO TITLE Dated 6-17-75

Page 2 LC# A-98319 Martin Palm prints and fingertip impressions submitted of Suspect JOSEPH ARMANDO DE VITA FBI #993 430 K8 Fingerprint card submitted of Suspect ) JOSEPH JACK CIMINO DOB 10-17-1947

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=94763

RIF#: 124-90087-10152 (06/17/75) FBI#: 87-126535-76

NO TITLE pg 33

EE COVER PAGE CC 87-40262 close to as VICKI CIMINO the daughter-in-law of DOMINIC CIMINO Chief of Police Melrose Park Police Department VICKI was married to JOSEPH CIMINO and it is possible that

RIF#: 124-90087-10146 (05/12/75) FBI#: 87-126535-73

Edited by Robert Howard

• 3 weeks later...

Dixie wrote:

Perhaps parenthetically, one member of Bedford Wynne's firm, Morris Jaffe, was the attorney for the mysterious Baron George de Mohrenschildt.

Baker's Quorum Club, which had become notorious as a place of assignation between politicians and call girls. Ellen Rometsch had been one of the call girls associated with the Quorum Club. Rometsch's lovers included President Kennedy and a member of the Soviet Embassy, the same kind of relationship that had caused the Profumo scandal in England. Robert Kennedy had to appeal to J. Edgar Hoover to intervene with the leaders of the Senate to stop the investigation into the "sex angle" of the Bobby Baker case. The exposure of Kennedy's link to Rometsch could have brought down his presidency, but for the intervention of J. Edgar Hoover.

Wynne's family controlled the Great Southwest Corporation in Dallas, a firm that played an important role in the events immediately after the assassination.

In February of 1964 Marina fired Martin and replaced him with William A. McKenzie, a lawyer who had been a college friend of Bedford Wynnne and, until late 1963, a member of Bedford Wynne's firm of Wynne, Jaffe and Tinsley. In late 1963 or early 1964 McKenzie entered a law partnership with Peter White. The new office number of the McKemzie-White firm was found in the notebook of Jack Ruby's assistant Larry Crafard. White testified that he had "bumped into" Jack Ruby on November 20, 1963.

There is much more to the story of the prominence of the Great Souuthwest Corporation and the Bedford Wynne firm in the events following the assassination. It is detailed in Chapter Eighteen of Peter Dale Scott's masterful

book "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK".

OWEN, GEORGE W., JR.

Sources: Dallas City Directory 1963; Deep Politics, Scott, pp. 234, 240-241;

Silent Coup, Colodny & Gettlin, pp. 131, 134

Mary's

Comments: In 1963, Owen is shown in Dallas City Directory as president of The University

Club of Dallas, 1415-1/2 Commerce, Dallas, TX. Dave Cherry was bartender at the University

Club. (The Carousel Club was located at 1312-1/2 Commerce, Dallas.) Owen was also a scout

for the Dallas Cowboys and later became associated with the New Orleans Saints. His second

wife was Maureen "Mo" Biner who later became Maureen Dean, the wife of John Dean of Watergate

fame, and who has in recent years broadened his horizons and is simultaneously an

author, columnist, and commentator on contemporary politics, especially the foibles of

the Republican Party.

DMN July 4, 1973

Mrs Dean Reported to Have Dallas Connections

Maureen Dean, who has become the "mystery woman,"

as the fashion-plate wife of ousted White House counsel

John Dean, formerly was a Dallas airline stewardess

and model and reportedly has another Dallas connection.

According to friends, Mrs. Dean was married in 1967 and 1968

to George Owen of Dallas, at the time he was employed

as director of player-relations for the New Orleans Saints

in New Orleans.

Owen, now an associate in a Dallas real-estate investments

firm, refused to answer any questions Tuesday.

"He's not granting any interviews," a secretary

in the plush Preston Towers office of Henry Kyle said.

While sports figures in New Orleans and Dallas

(Owen formerly was on the business staff of the Dallas Cowboys)

appear familiar with the marriage, Mrs. Dean did not acknowledge it

on her marriage license application to Dean.

She lists herself in the application filed at Alexandria, Va., in

October as Maureen Elizabeth Biner, a widow,

married only once before (to the late Michael Biner

a Los Angeles area stockbroker).

Biographical data on the 27 year-old, platinum-blonde

who has sat behind John Wesley Dean III throughout his five long

days of nationally televised Watergate testimony has not been easy

to come by.

American Airlines verified that Maureen Elizabeth Kane

(her family name) of Los Angeles was graduated from their

Stewardess College at Greater Southwest International Airport

April 14, 1966. She was based in Dallas until Oct. 1, 1966, when

she left the company......

Before coming to Dallas to become a stewardess, Mrs. Dean

attended Santa Monica City College, was a secretary-receptionist

for an insurance agency in California and was hostess in the Tea Room

of Bullock's, near Los Angeles.

(According to the story, Michael Biner was killed in an automobile accident)

Of all the topics that intertwine in the Kennedy saga, baseball was not one that I ever

contemplated being on the list, but it is on the list.

Looks like Bill Kelly was right, as I jumped the gun on coming to the conclusion that Peter William Cimino

the baseball pitcher, could not have been the same Pete Cimino described by Gene Roberts.....

It was, as a matter of fact definitely the same Pete Cimino

In 1963 he began the season as a pitcher at the AA level for the Charlotte Hornets,

a few months later he was a relief pitcher for the AAA Dallas-Ft. Worth Rangers managed by Jack McKeown

Brief background of the Dallas Ft. Worth Rangers

In 1960 the Dallas Eagles and their old archrival, the Fort Worth Cats, were combined into one team as the Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers and competed in the American Association. During its years in the association, the team split its home games between Burnett Field and LaGrave Field in Fort Worth. Then, when the American Association disbanded in 1962, the Rangers joined the Pacific Coast League. The Dallas-Fort Worth team competed in the Pacific Coast League in 1963. Fort Worth businessman Tommy Mercer bought the franchise and returned Fort Worth to the Texas League in 1964; Dallas remained in the Pacific Coast League.

Related Dallas Morning News Stories

Jan 23, 1960 “Yep, He Did” Cimino’s 114 point game for Bristoe High School,

on January 22, 1960,

January 31, 1963 “Rangers Sign Four Hurlers” the four rookies are Joe Balinsky, Pete Cimino, George Balinsky and John Quinn

March 25, 1963 “Out at the Plate, but a Hit at Home” - “Dallas Fort Worth tackles Columbus of the International League, a Triple A farm team of the Pittsburgh organization here Monday, and Mgr. Jack McKeown has nominated Ted Sadowski, Al Schroll and Pete Cimino to pitch.”

August 24, 1963 “Bears Claw Rangers” - “Some pitching help was reported on the way, however. Righthander Pete Cimino, who was with the Rangers in spring training and the early days of the pennant race, has been recalled from Charleston of the Sally League, where he pitched a 3-hit shutout, Thursday night.”

September 9, 1963 “89ers Split Win Division” - “Oklahoma took the Burnett Field nightcap

after the Dallas-Ft. Worth Rangers had won the afternoon game at Fort Worth 4-3, to sew up the Pacific League’s Southern

Division title Sunday.Two rookies, Jim O’Donoghue and Pete Cimino combined in the afternoon to beat [OK89ers] Jerry Nelson.”

September 10, 1963 “Twins Call up 3 as Rangers Scatter; 1964 Team Assured” - “Bonakowski and pitcher Pete Cimino will play in the Florida Instructional League at St. Petersburg beginning Oct. 1”

FBI 44-24016 Ruby HQ File, Section 36

http://www.maryferre...2&relPageId=226

Mr. Albert Schroll, residence 711 East Colorado professional pitcher for the Minnesota Twins

Baseball Club, currently employed as a salesman at the Fink Paint Company, 2605 Elm, Dallas

advised he had first became acquainted with Jack Ruby in about the middle of September 1963

when he came to Dallas.

He was never a member of Ruby’s clubs but was allowed to enter the club because of his status

as a baseball pitcher. Ruby appeared interested in sports and suggested at their first meeting

that he might be able to employ Schroll in the capacity of bouncer in one of his clubs.

Schroll was thereafter employed one evening at Ruby’s Vegas Club and “off and on” for

approximately one month at the Carousel Club. His duties were to assist in the seating of

customers and to keep down possible rowdyism among them.

He had no association with Ruby outside of his employment.

From his observations of Ruby, it was his opinion that Ruby was a highly emotional

individual, which has led him to believe that the shooting of Oswald was in no way

premeditated.

Mr. Scholl had never heard of Lee Harvey Oswald prior to the Presidential assassination

and was aware of no connection between Oswald and Ruby.

He was not aware of any reasons why Ruby shot Oswald,

During his employment at Ruby’s club, Mr. Schroll became aware that several police officers

of the Dallas Police Department frequented the clubs and appeared friendly with Ruby

He was not aware of the names or identities of such officers.

The SA writing up this document cannot seem to make up his mind how he wants to spell

SCHROLL's name.

Cimino is not that unusual of a name, there are other Cimino's of interest....as indicated below

1965 photo of Pete Cimino second from left in back

http://yeahminnesotatwins.tumblr.com/

re the above URL re the Minnesota Twins, there is a four letter popular expletive deleted that prefaces

yeahminnesotatwins it, the four letter word is sometimes referenced as an F-Bomb

MARY FERRELL ADVANCED SEARCH RESULTS CIMINO

Books

With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit pg 383, by Myers, Dale K. (1998)

Cimino and others begin to gather at Tippit's body Benavides climbs from his truck and joins the gathering crowd Then he makes his way to Tippit's squad car to notify police Mrs Mary Wright and......

With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit pg 601, by Myers, Dale K. (1998)

Endnotes 601 IBID [Note Frank Cimino's account describes the 90 seconds that elapsed between the shooting and the

arrival of Ted Callaway and other witnesses Although Cimino himself did not see the......

Contract on America: The Mafia Murders of John and Robert Kennedy pg 365, by Scheim, David E. (1983)

Mobster became chief of police of a Chicago suburb When Rocco Salvatore was tried for a speeding violation in 1966 Melrose Park Police Sergeant Dominic Cimino attested to Salvatore's fine character and told the court that Salvatore needed his driver's license for his business Cimino was later temporarily suspended from the Melrose Park Force when it surfaced that Sam’s business was acting as a chauffeur and bodyguard for Chicago Mafioso Sam Battaglia.

But in 1967, Dominick Cimino became chief of police of Melrose Park. Shortly afterwards reports surfaced that Cimino often met with Charles [Chuck] Nicoletti, a mob enforcer and terrorist. “News accounts related that Chief Cimino was observed conferring with Nicoletti almost daily.” citation Cressey, Theft Of A Nation

Dealey Plaza Echo Volume 8 Issue 2

Helen Markham and Document 106 Part II by Alaric Rosman

testimony of Mrs Virginia Davis) Scoggins (3H 336) Frank Cimino (CD 7/411

Unindexed WC document Facsimile at Myers p 538

Documents “US v Cimino 427 F 2nd 129. Cert. denied, 400 U.S. 911

above see google scholar

NO TITLE pg 3

NO TITLE Dated 6-17-75

Page 2 LC# A-98319 Martin Palm prints and fingertip impressions submitted of Suspect JOSEPH ARMANDO DE VITA FBI #993 430 K8 Fingerprint card submitted of Suspect ) JOSEPH JACK CIMINO DOB 10-17-1947

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=94763

RIF#: 124-90087-10152 (06/17/75) FBI#: 87-126535-76

NO TITLE pg 33

EE COVER PAGE CC 87-40262 close to as VICKI CIMINO the daughter-in-law of DOMINIC CIMINO Chief of Police Melrose Park Police Department VICKI was married to JOSEPH CIMINO and it is possible that

RIF#: 124-90087-10146 (05/12/75) FBI#: 87-126535-73

Schroll, according to various sources, never pitched in the big leagues again after 1961, It is said he was born in New Orleans, and died in

1999, strange although irrelevant,? that both Cimino and Schroll have/had ties to the Minnesota Twins.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=schroal01

Gee Robert,

It isn't often that I am right.

"....Looks like Bill Kelly was right, as I jumped the gun on coming to the conclusion that Peter William Cimino

It was, as a matter of fact definitely the same Pete Cimino..."

But its his brother who was at the scene of the Tippit murder at the time, right?

BK

Gee Robert,

"....Looks like Bill Kelly was right, as I jumped the gun on coming to the conclusion that Peter William Cimino

But its his brother who was at the scene of the Tippit murder at the time, right? Absolutely

BK

BTW, The cafe that Gene Roberts and Pete Cimino were at shortly after the assassination, was

no doubt the Dobbs House, which makes all of this take on an added significance, IMO

Robert

Gee Robert,

But its his brother who was at the scene of the Tippit murder at the time, right? Absolutely

BK

BTW, The cafe that Gene Roberts and Pete Cimino were at shortly after the assassination, was

no doubt the Dobbs House, which makes all of this take on an added significance, IMO

Robert

Yes, and wasn't Pete Cimino's wife, who he was with at the Dobbs House at the time of the assassination,

a waitress at another place of relevance?

BK

Gee Robert,

BK

Robert

Yes, and wasn't Pete Cimino's wife, who he was with at the Dobbs House at the time of the assassination,

a waitress at another place of relevance?

BK

Well there is a major correction here, see below and my comments after the text......

page 97; 1964 Greater Dallas Alphabetical Telephone Directory

Beckley Club Cafe

113 W. Jefferson WH 6-0859

FBI 44-24016 Ruby HQ File, Section 27

Mr. J.P. Smith advised he is the owner and operator of the

Beckley Club, 113 Jefferson Boulevard, Dallas, Texas.

Mr. Smith advised he carefully looked over the

photographs of Lee Harvey Oswald as well as Jack Ruby

when seeing them in the local newspaper and cannot

recall either man as being in the restaurant. He stated that

it was a natural thing for him to do as the restaurant is

located in the general area where both had lived.

Mr. Smith stated that to his knowledge neither man had

ever come into the cafe. He had discussed this with other

employees right after the shooting incident and none of

the employees can recall ever seeing either individual.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57013&relPageId=97

12/4/63

Next page

END

As far as explaining how I missed noticing the Beckley Club;

I noticed the reference the first time I posted the document,

but thinking I had heard of every cafe, restaurant and eatery....

Dobbs House, Phil's Delicatessen, Lucas B&B, et cetera

I had never heard of it, so I assumed it [the reference] was a mistake

Well, you know what they say about assuming...lol

So I am trying to get back on the right track.....