The Education Forum

A Major Shift in the JFK Assassination

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

An example of how any good work can be weaponized politically...sigh.  Just my opinion of course.

How so?

Hornberger's article appears balanced to me. 

Biden is president now, and Biden is responsible for keeping the records dark.

Actually, people like Carlson, Taibbi, Greenwald and Hornberger have been "blaming the CIA" and somewhat misleading the public. This is Biden's call. Of course, the CIA and NSA want to keep records secret. That is their job, and their point of view. 

But Biden is the one allowing this secrecy to go on. How is this a present-day partisan issue? 

Ben, I was looking at the whole body of work on the page including the Russia related thread and it strikes me that as a whole it represents a particular world view and agenda which just pulls in bits and pieces in support of that view...sort of like Tucker Carlson's show in that respect.  My comment is simply if  you have an agenda you can always find material to support it, regardless of the original source or nature of the material.

As to Biden and his responsibility, certainly that is true but I've found all virtually all presidents regardless of party very loath to appear weak in regard to security issues or in the protection of the power of the office itself.  Which of course is why we need a truly balanced system to cope with that sort of thing....and a politically unconstrained Justice Department and Court system.

Then again I've always been an optimist and a bit naive I suspect...

24 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Ben, I was looking at the whole body of work on the page including the Russia related thread and it strikes me that as a whole it represents a particular world view and agenda which just pulls in bits and pieces in support of that view...sort of like Tucker Carlson's show in that respect.  My comment is simply if  you have an agenda you can always find material to support it, regardless of the original source or nature of the material.

As to Biden and his responsibility, certainly that is true but I've found all virtually all presidents regardless of party very loath to appear weak in regard to security issues or in the protection of the power of the office itself.  Which of course is why we need a truly balanced system to cope with that sort of thing....and a politically unconstrained Justice Department and Court system.

Then again I've always been an optimist and a bit naive I suspect...

Well, you can't be more naive and optimistic than me.

Remember those old Charlie Brown comics, and Lucy's football? 

On the JFKA, yes it used to be the left-wing that embraced non-official story lines, and now it more often the right-wing.

(Personally, I do not see any good in Putin, who has devolved into a thug-monster. IMHO, the modern-day right-wing and independents need to call a spade and spade, and declare Putin a thug who must be stopped, for humanitarian reasons. But then, the left-wing hates Putin now as they think he is a Trump buddy based on the very dubious Russia-gate follies. So it goes...)

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

I often picture myself as trying to kick that football...with similar results.   Couldn't agree with you more on the other points!

I often picture myself recovering the fumble, which I literally caused in real life. 

In terms of 'major shifts' I would be really interested in general views from well informed posters : Jefferson Morley I believe, is now looking at JCS as the source of the assassination , and the current John Newman thread looks like supporting this. My uninformed view finds two issues to support this: Firstly this explanation would, in my view fall into the category of information that is toxic to this day(USA planned pre-emptive strike on Russia). It falls outside the 'too old to matter' category. Secondly, probative information at that level of governance is unlikely to be gleaned from anything in the JFKA files available from NRA. What the remaining files may be, are an endless dangle, to keep focus off this shocking possibility?