The Education Forum

The Assassination Films: The Bell Film

Gil Jesus

The Bell footage is wonderful -- i have spent ages examining it.

It shows Patrolman Murphy jumping up on his 3-wheeler to get a better view of JFK after the shots -- & it then shows Murphy running over to the west side of the overpass to get another look at JFK.

It shows a guy sitting near Hoffman's Lookout -- & it shows Hoffman's falcon coming to a stop after the shots near Hoffman's Lookout.

It shows SSA Hickey holding his AR15 in both hands at about 8 seconds after Z313.

It shows SSA Roberts telling Hickey to be careful with the AR15.

This film appears to refute LN'ers who say people did not start running up the Grassy Knoll for a while after the JFKA. 

In this Bell film, within seconds people are running towards the Grassy Knoll. Right or wrong, they believed shots came from the Grassy Knoll area. 

I believe there was a smoke-and-bang show around the Grassy Knoll, and thus a conspiracy. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This film appears to refute LN'ers who say people did not start running up the Grassy Knoll for a while after the JFKA. 

In this Bell film, within seconds people are running towards the Grassy Knoll. Right or wrong, they believed shots came from the Grassy Knoll area. 

I believe there was a smoke-and-bang show around the Grassy Knoll, and thus a conspiracy. 

How many seconds exactly?

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Can't say how many seconds exactly. But it appears to be moments. 

Do you have a clue? 

No i have had little interest in the fence -- but i would be surprised if even one gawker entered the carpark inside 2 minutes -- except possibly one of the say 14 gawkers already on the triple underpass.

Anyhow there was no shooter in the carpark -- no gunsmoke at the fence.

41 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

From the immediate eyewitness account heard on the KBOX tape it sounds like the rush up the hill occurred within seconds of the last shot. 

Robert that is an overdub of the KBOX tape made for the record Four Days that shocked the world, it wasn't broadcast live. It takes around two minutes before people start running up to the rail yard. I think most of the people we see running in the video are people who were running behind the motorcade and that is when they catch up to where people are filming. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

Robert that is an overdub of the KBOX tape made for the record Four Days that shocked the world, it wasn't broadcast live. It takes around two minutes before people start running up to the rail yard. I think most of the people we see running in the video are people who were running behind the motorcade and that is when they catch up to where people are filming. 

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. 

Seems like at 1:15 (Bell film) people are headed towards the Grassy Knoll, before even the last few cars of the motorcade have passed.

Tough to tell...the camera jumps around. We do not see JFK's limo go under the Triple Overpass. 

I would say "within moments, people converged on Grassy Knoll-railroad yard area." 

We know Chief Curry, almost immediately after the JFKA, instructed his officers to go to the railroad yards. 

About 60 seconds into the Bell film the first people are seen running toward the knoll as press car 1# stopped and press car 2# went around it.  It happened 1:10 sec after the head shot. The people running towards the knoll are not in the street yet and there is no one on the stairs.
After press car 2# went around Press car 1# it was followed by 5 more cars spaced apart by 3 to 4 seconds then followed by the first bus. There was no time for anyone to cross Elm till after the cars and bus passed. Their first opportunity to cross Elm happened 1:35 seconds after the head shot.
   It looks like those people were anxious to get across the road as they were mostly running that way. I think it is safe to assume they crossed as soon as they could which was right after Bus 1# passed. They would have been climbing the steps approx 1:45 seconds after Z frame 313.

A number of Dallas County Sheriff's Deputies claimed they raced from out front the courthouse out into the plaza and up onto the knoll and train yards. That would take a minute or so. 

As far as the Bell film, Officer Bobby Hargis can be seen returning from the knoll in the film. So, yes, it can not be doubted that the initial suspicions of most everyone in and around the plaza was that one or more of the loud sounds they'd heard came from the knoll or trainyards. 

Edited by Pat Speer

35 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

A number of Dallas County Sheriff's Deputies claimed they raced from out front the courthouse out into the plaza and up onto the knoll and train yards. That would take a minute or so. 

As far as the Bell film, Officer Bobby Hargis can be seen returning from the knoll in the film. So, yes, it can not be doubted that the initial suspicions of most everyone in and around the plaza was that one or more of the mud sounds they'd heard came from the knoll or trainyards. 

Well, one thing is for sure: the Newman family is flat on the ground, and they thought the shots were coming from above and behind them, and so they hit the deck. They can be glimpsed at 0:50 on the Bell film. 

As stated, I suspect a smoke-and-bang show at the Grassy Knoll area, a diversion or ruse, and it worked. 

However, Gov. JBC's receiving a wound through the dorsal (wristwatch) side of his wrist is puzzling. If JBC was holding his hat in any sort of normal manner, that shot could have come the GK.  Although it is difficult to tell when JBC's hand is above the window sill of the limo. 

Odd side note signifying nothing: Not only are there no photos of LHO during the shooting,  I know of no photos that have surfaced of LHO at any time between the JFKA and his arrest.  Somehow he left the scene without being photographed. 

The Bell film is the one in which another poster here on the forum, who hasn't done so in a while, said you could see the train moving on the tracks on the overpass.  I argued no, these were cars on Stemmons Freeway (I-35) in the background.  It's at the top of the film at about 45 -48 seconds.  I believe it was poster Chris Davidson who blew up this section then cut it down to just the top part and put this in slow motion.  In it you can clearly see a white box/delivery van traveling up the freeway in addition to several cars.