The Education Forum

Tucker Carlson did it again

Tonight he talked about Watergate and its relationship to the JFK case.

Its the infamous talk between Nixon and Helms which Roger Stone thinks is one thing and Morley thinks is another.

Then he goes to how Woodward was not really a journalist but a naval intel officer.

He brought down Nixon so that Ford, the Warren Commissioner, could come in and keep the lid on both Watergate and the JFK case.

Man, I do not like Tucker very much at all, but  no one else is doing this stuff.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Its the infamous talk between him and Helms which Roger Stone thinks is one thing and Morley thinks is another.

Then he goes to how Woodward was not really a journalist but a naval intel officer.

He brought down Nixon so that Ford, the Warren Commissioner, could come in and keep the lid on both Watergate and the JFK case.

Man, I do not like Tucker very much at all, but man no one else is doing this stuff.  

Much of Tucker Carlson's broadcasts are partisan bombast, and some other segments are reasonable concerns about immigration and foreign policy. That's fine, pundits are everywhere.

But Carlson stands alone in his willingness to ask tough questions, or frame tough narratives, about the national security state. Where is Rachel Maddow---when not chortling that the CIA can wreck a president? 

Start about 7:30 to sidestep some Carlson bombast. 

And, please, a moment of silence for Spiro Agnew :)

I tend to disagree with Carlson's analysis of the demise of Nixon---but he might be right. 

For me, Nixon and the Deep State is a lesson...it does not matter whether I like Nixon or not. I thought Nixon was a war criminal.

But in the context of this forum, I am curious about what the CIA did to Nixon. 

Same on JFK. I loved JFK...but I want to know what the Deep State did to JFK.

And the same with Trump, Russiagate and 1/6. 

Carlson raises interesting perspectives. I have wondered if establishment DC wants Biden out, but I think Carlson may be reaching on this point. Biden has buried the JFK papers, and played ball in every other way. Why would the establishment want Biden out? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Its the infamous talk between him and Helms which Roger Stone thinks is one thing and Morley thinks is another.

Man, I do not like Tucker very much at all, but man no one else is doing this stuff.  

Personally, I find Tucker rather refreshing because he has a strong libertarian streak, especially on foreign policy and individual rights, because he does not robotically follow the GOP line, and because he does not hesitate to disagree with neo-conservatives when he feels he must.

This is one reason that I like Reason magazine. Reason criticizes neo-conservatives almost as often as it criticizes liberals, and in a number of cases the magazine sides with neither side but takes an independent position. 

Anyway, yes, I, too, praise Tucker for discussing evidence of conspiracy in the JFK case on prime time TV. I'm sure that Ben Shapiro is not at all happy that Tucker is doing this (and I say this as someone who respects Shapiro and agrees with him about 60% of the time).

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Tucker is on a roll lately.

I almost laughed out loud recently when I heard that Tucker had publicly outed Bob Woodward's ONI background.

We have all known about it for years, but no one has ever talked about it in the mainstream media, to my knowledge.

And, not surprisingly, the M$M coverage I saw implied that Tucker Carlson had gone off the deep end by claiming that Watergate was a Deep State plot.  🤥

Tucker Carlson Has Some Weird Ideas About Watergate In Latest Fox News Rant

Tucker Carlson Has Some Weird Ideas About Watergate In Latest Fox News Rant (yahoo.com)

11 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Much of Tucker Carlson's broadcasts are partisan bombast, and some other segments are reasonable concerns about immigration and foreign policy. That's fine, pundits are everywhere.

But Carlson stands alone in his willingness to ask tough questions, or frame tough narratives, about the national security state. Where is Rachel Maddow---when not chortling that the CIA can wreck a president? 

Start about 7:30 to sidestep some Carlson bombast. 

And, please, a moment of silence for Spiro Agnew :)

I tend to disagree with Carlson's analysis of the demise of Nixon---but he might be right. 

For me, Nixon and the Deep State is a lesson...it does not matter whether I like Nixon or not. I thought Nixon was a war criminal.

But in the context of this forum, I am curious about what the CIA did to Nixon. 

Same on JFK. I loved JFK...but I want to know what the Deep State did to JFK.

And the same with Trump, Russiagate and 1/6. 

Carlson raises interesting perspectives. I have wondered if establishment DC wants Biden out, but I think Carlson may be reaching on this point. Biden has buried the JFK papers, and played ball in every other way. Why would the establishment want Biden out? 

Dem party leaders, Obama in particular, recognized after the first couple of primaries in '20 that Biden was their last chance to stop Bernie, who is anathema to them, at least on domestic policy. If Bernie gets to the White House, or perhaps even if he just gets the nomination, most them are out.  All other contenders were induced to drop out of the race and endorse Biden, except Warren who stayed in for a while to take votes from Bernie. At least Buttigieg got the Transportation job to keep his name alive for another run. The plan  worked. 

But now they are stuck with all of Joe's infirmities, mental, physical, age, and the fact he just can't stop lying. If he gets another term he will be 86 when it ends.

Reminds me of the lyrics to the Smothers Brothers song in the 60s about Vietnam that got them in so much trouble:  "Waist deep in the Big Muddy and the Big Fool says push on". 

LBJ was a broken man by then and he got out before he was pushed. Vietnam was a bigger catastrophe than Biden's foibles so far, tho the idiotic sanctions that have driven Russia and China to create a new world order and currency system are just beginning to play out.  Some European leaders are beginning to realize they, not Russia, are the real victims of US policy.

So I'm guessing the leaders are, as we speak, searching for alternatives.  How about that photogenic governor of California? The one who rejected Sirhan's parole. I wonder who Obama has been talking to.  One thing seems clear:  whether he runs in '24 is not going to be entirely Biden's decision.

30 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:

Dem party leaders, Obama in particular, recognized after the first couple of primaries in '20 that Biden was their last chance to stop Bernie, who is anathema to them, at least on domestic policy. If Bernie gets to the White House, or perhaps even if he just gets the nomination, most them are out.  All other contenders were induced to drop out of the race and endorse Biden, except Warren who stayed in for a while to take votes from Bernie. At least Buttigieg got the Transportation job to keep his name alive for another run. The plan  worked. 

But now they are stuck with all of Joe's infirmities, mental, physical, age, and the fact he just can't stop lying. If he gets another term he will be 86 when it ends.

Reminds me of the lyrics to the Smothers Brothers song in the 60s about Vietnam that got them in so much trouble:  "Waist deep in the Big Muddy and the Big Fool says push on". 

LBJ was a broken man by then and he got out before he was pushed. Vietnam was a bigger catastrophe than Biden's foibles so far, tho the idiotic sanctions that have driven Russia and China to create a new world order and currency system are just beginning to play out.  Some European leaders are beginning to realize they, not Russia, are the real victims of US policy.

So I'm guessing the leaders are, as we speak, searching for alternatives.  How about that photogenic governor of California? The one who rejected Sirhan's parole. I wonder who Obama has been talking to.  One thing seems clear:  whether he runs in '24 is not going to be entirely Biden's decision.

Amazing what an addled brain can do to your memory.  Waist Deep in the Big Muddy was actually Pete Seeger's song, written and originally sung by him. He was invited on the Smothers Brothers show to sing it but CBS censored it.  They later  relented and allowed it and it became an anti-Vietnam anthem.

Roger:

I agree with you.  Biden was their last hope against Bernie and they took it, all in, as they say in poker.

I truly did not like that at all.  Bernie was the most radical candidate since RFK.

BTW, has anyone with 3.4 million viewers ever tried to connect Watergate to the JFK case?

Or to out Woodward as being an intel agent?

You see, I think that Bernstein figured this out by the mid seventies and the Church Committee. This is why he wrote the famous Rolling Stone article on Mockingbird.

I don't think they worked together again after The FInal Days.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I don't think they worked together again after The FInal Days.

Bernstein wrote something for Woodward's book on Mark Felt.

They appear together on TV and in conferences together fairly frequently.

Tricky Dick Nixon didn't need anyone to plot his own downfall. He was more than capable of accomplishing that all by himself.

I don't agree with that matt.

They did not co write a book after the Final Days.

I know they appear together. Big difference.

And no, Nixon had some help, you might want to read the classic Secret Agenda.

And then explain why McCord was taping all those doors.  Even on different floors.

And why he retaped a door on which the tape was removed. This was a guy who was a security expert at Langley.

You might then want to read his letter about 'every tree in the forest will fall" if Helms was fired.

Helms was fired.  Every tree in the forest fell.

End result: McCord got the shortest prison term of all.

This was one of the all time rated stories we did at K and K.

We actually beat the MSM to it, and they had to follow our lead to that small PA town.

If the above is not enough for you, McCord told a colleague he was in Dallas on the day JFK was killed.  And in his CREEP office, he did not have Nixon's picture on the wall, he had Richard Helms'.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/obituaries/the-mysterious-life-and-death-of-james-w-mccord

17 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

This was one of the all time rated stories we did at K and K.

We actually beat the MSM to it, and they had to follow our lead to that small PA town.

If the above is not enough for you, McCord told a colleague he was in Dallas on the day JFK was killed.  And in his CREEP office, he did not have Nixon's picture on the wall, he had Richard Helms'.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/obituaries/the-mysterious-life-and-death-of-james-w-mccord

E. Howard Hunt, CIA'er lifer, who the Ehrlichman thought would be a Nixon ally...was sending couriered pouches under seal to Helms every week, while working in the White House. 

Secret Agenda may not be a compelling or entirely convincing book, but it sure is interesting.  

It can be argued the intel state recently deposed three presidents: JFK, Nixon and Trump. 

As I said, the fact that intel agencies are rearranging the White House is what is concerning, regardless of the politics, or personalities, of the presidents deposed.