The Education Forum

Anyone knows that woman and that man in Dealey Plaza?

This picture has always intrigued me.  I have no idea who the woman is and have never really noticed her.  The man, however looks to me to be the umbrella man.  He appears to have a grip on an umbrella in his left hand which extends in a downward angle to the left and also towards his back at an upward angle.

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

This picture has always intrigued me.  I have no idea who the woman is and have never really noticed her.  The man, however looks to me to be the umbrella man.  He appears to have a grip on an umbrella in his left hand which extends in a downward angle to the left and also towards his back at an upward angle.

The Umbrella Man? Interesting!

Yes, interesting photo.

The man is certainly not Roger Craig.

Craig stands out as being so thin back then he looked childhood starved emaciated, even skeletal. Clothes just hung off of his boney shoulders.

The man in question here has some meat on his bones.

Those suited men in the lower left corner look like plain clothes cops ( is that a pistol handle in the waist band area of the lowest left hand corner fellow? ) with the dark suited man to his left looking like an executive type with his perfectly folded coat pocket white kerchief.

Lots of suited men. They sure didn't come from the Billy Lovelady, Wesley Frazier, rag tag dressed TXSBD worker crowd.

Notice also how all the black men in this photo stayed among themselves?  

Reflected 1963 Dallas's racial segregation sentiment I would guess.

One small boy right in the thick of the crowd. Bottom of the pic.

What a powerful memory experience for him I would image he shared with his kids and grandkids later on in his adult life.

I always wondered why Jack Ruby reportedly didn't run the few blocks from the Dallas Morning News offices to join the action in the Plaza as soon as he heard JFK had been shot there. Instead he jumps in his car and races in tears back to his club?

Ruby was a man who wanted to be where the action was. He ran right into the Dallas PD building and got right into the Press crowd there Friday night for hours and even perched himself on top of a table and verbally interjected himself with a shout out to Dallas DA Henry Wade during the nationally covered press conference there.

Ruby "did" go to Parkland hospital right after JFK was brought there. Reputable journalist Seth Kantor saw him there and Ruby even engaged Kantor in conversation!

Yet the Warren Commission decided that Kantor was so worked up with excitement during his visit to Parkland that his sworn oath testimony regards seeing and talking to Ruby there was the result of an over-active imagination. A delusion.

Ha! Preposterous!

Instead they believed Ruby's disjointed, meandering, almost incoherent jibberish saying he didn't stop at Parkland that day.

The woman in question in the original post photo doesn't look to me to be anything more than an innocent parade route watcher.

Edited by Joe Bauer

20 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

The full picture from That Day in Dallas. Click on it to enlarge it.

https://ibb.co/KXmZv9V

It may be nothing much, but that center grouping, even the little kid, is gathered to listen to somebody - maybe the guy in the skewed hat.  Or examine something.

The man under scrutiny here has stopped at the periphery to listen. 

Edited by David Andrews

On 1/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Richard Price said:

Maybe the same guy on the right?

https://ibb.co/BG68MC9