The Education Forum

Confused & looking for opinions on JFK's brain.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Micah Mileto said:

Mantik just always seems to have the highest quality in his slide presentations posted to his website.

Yes, I assumed he'd purchased a set from Crouch. There's a few still floating around. But when I realized I had F9, which was included in the Crouch set, but never published by Lifton, etc, I was approached by a colleague of Mantik's to see if I could send it to him. I then told him I'd assumed MantiK had a set from Crouch--which would include F9. But he told me Mantik did not have a set from Crouch and did not have F9. Maybe he's received one in the intervening years, I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

REFLECTED FORWARD...  Orient your F8 how you think it should be.. maybe keeping some of what Robinson said in mind...

Jeez. I already posted pages and pages of quotes, most prominently from O'Connor and Jenkins, indicating the scalp was reflected to the left side. Neither Ed Reed nor Tim Robinson were involved in the removal of the brain. They would not know. 

Okay, so we are agreed this is the proper orientation of the photo. On the left side, I see what appears to be a bullet hole and a crack. This leads me to believe the skull is laying on its right side. if the scalp is reflected over the forehead, however, this presumed hole and crack are on the left side of the head. That is a problem, yes? 

image.png.e5e3d22837e4a6159cf484708eb19196.png

There's also this. When I studied the photo under the assumption it showed the skull on its right side, I found a triangle of scalp on the mystery photo that matched up with a triangle of scalp in the other photos. This is shown below. 

image.png.21d074208e2196682d9278dcd9bc5c19.png

43 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Hi Micah,

You talking about the color ones from the back of his book image or the ones we've been posting?

The 2 reviewers gush over the quality of the images in his book so I have to assume you mean them...
I guess we can ask Dr. M and see...

Which book is the color side body view from?

14 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Yes, I assumed he'd purchased a set from Crouch. There's a few still floating around. But when I realized I had F9, which was included in the Crouch set, but never published by Lifton, etc, I was approached by a colleague of Mantik's to see if I could send it to him. I then told him I'd assumed MantiK had a set from Crouch--which would include F9. But he told me Mantik did not have a set from Crouch and did not have F9. Maybe he's received one in the intervening years, I don't know. 

Wasn't there one point in the 90's where you could literally buy a set of prints by mail? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But yes, it doesn't look like anybody has yet used modern technology to make the best quality scans of the prints (and negative film, if film is somehow available - BTW did James Fox ever have any film, or did he just have prints? I thought the story was, via Lifton who claimed to have actually met Fox, Kellerman handed Fox an extra set of prints and said "save a set of these for yourself, they'll be history some day" - was that a false cover story? Why are the bootleg photos apparently more cropped compared to the official photos? Both Fox and Crouch are dead).

3 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Wasn't there one point in the 90's where you could literally buy a set of prints by mail? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But yes, it doesn't look like anybody has yet used modern technology to make the best quality scans of the prints (and negative film, if film is somehow available - BTW did James Fox ever have any film, or did he just have prints? I thought the story was, via Lifton who claimed to have actually met Fox, Kellerman handed Fox an extra set of prints and said "save a set of these for yourself, they'll be history some day" - was that a false cover story? Why are the bootleg photos apparently more cropped compared to the official photos? Both Fox and Crouch are dead).

Fox gave Crouch prints. Crouch allowed Lifton and Groden to photograph his prints, so those were copies of prints. He later had negatives made from his prints, and sold prints made from those negatives. 

As stated, he sold his original prints to Walt Brown. I asked Brown and others who know Brown if there is any way he can have them scanned and make them available. But nothing has happened. 

23 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

C'mon, David. Enough with the games.

I've erased all my posts on this thread as I find it a complete waste of my time and effort.

Simple facts...

The 3 main bones in our discussion intersect behind the ear.  

The skull and brains were severely altered between Dallas and the 8pm unveiling.

The men at Bethesda lied repeatedly about the injuries and especially about the existence of 2 brain specimens and 2 brain examinations...  to deny these facts is to exhibit an amazing level of intellectual dishonesty and should be viewed on this forum as extremely suspect...

I for one have had it with the intellectual dishonesty exhibited.  I am rough and aggressive, I know that...  I get even more so when people PLAY DUMB (#9) when obvious conflicts to conclusions are made evident.

I apologize to Pat for my aggressiveness and choice of words... and promise to abide by the rules of the forum.

795492db702a9749610f58e32c2e6e4c.png

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Simple facts...

The skull and brains were severely altered between Dallas and the 8pm unveiling.

This is hardly a "simple fact," no matter how much you desperately want it to be -- and one of the many reasons David Lifton spent more than 40 years trying, in vain, to explain how such a thing could actually be accomplished.

Still seems to me that the brain was removed at the pre autopsy autopsy (still not 100% convinced)

Humes did mention the words "preliminary inspection"

We have Reed & Robinson witnessing some sawing going on but,I can't remember a time ever being mentioned.

And then there were the two rumored black Navy sailors that seen Humes & or Boswell working in a "hurried manner"

Does anybody besides me remember the rumor of the two black sailors that were present early in the autopsy?

Edited by Michael Crane

55 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This is hardly a "simple fact," no matter how much you desperately want it to be -- and one of the many reasons David Lifton spent more than 40 years trying, in vain, to explain how such a thing could actually be accomplished.

Just because you aren't convinced doesn't make Lifton's life work in vain.

1 minute ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Just because you aren't convinced doesn't make Lifton's life work in vain.

I ended up disagreeing with most of Lifton's conclusions, but still owe a debt to him, in that he helped convince me something was awry. 

The same goes for Groden. 

People run off in the woods. While the trail they blaze may not end up being your trail, you should acknowledge that their willingness to run off into the woods inspired you, and that you might otherwise still be on the outside, staring at the freakin' woods.