The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ho-lee Crap that's a ton of indictments and defendants

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23909543-23sc188947-criminal-indictment

13 counts against both Trump and Giuliani, and these guys nailed Mark Meadows on 2 counts.

Not a record I really want to be close to but it's less than 100 miles away.  We've been hovering in the upper 70's late in the night, 4-5-6 in the morning.  I've learned and read 80 is kind of the breaking point where things just don't cool off over night.  Like the house.  39 days here this year over 100, 7th on the local record.  A break tomorrow, 96, low tomorrow night of 67.  I'm celebrating, grilling steaks late in the evening.  Then back to 100, 104, 105, 107.  Hopefully we don't surpass last years # 2 of 58 days, or the 2011 record of 71.

Heat record: DFW breaks record for longest duration above 80 degrees (msn.com)

This lady gets down.  Watch the video.  It seems the indictment just came down at 8:00 tonight, then the somewhat impromptu press conference was put together.  Catching me at least by surprise.

From Sound of Freedom to Ron DeSantis: how QAnon’s crazy conspiracy theories went mainstreamFrom Sound of Freedom to Ron DeSantis: how QAnon’s crazy conspiracy theories went mainstream

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/16/qanon-conspiracy-theory-sound-of-freedom-trump-desantis

"QAnon gamified these strands. The cryptic missives invited decoding and translation, and were purposefully vague enough that they could be interpreted in any number of ways. Like astrology or tarot cards, Q drops seemed freighted with meaning while lacking any specificity. One could log on, read the latest tea leaves and connect the latest dots, all the while binding oneself further to the web of paranoia. The phenomenon spread widely, roping in not just paranoid conspiracy theorists but puzzle solvers and people looking for community. And because there was so much cryptic messaging embedded in the discourse, it hardly mattered that those few things that might have been verifiable (such as Hillary Clinton being “detained” in October of 2017) were demonstrably false.

It turned out to be a remarkably successful formula;..."

Sound familiar?

Steve Thomas