The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

There is zero love for RFK Jr, on the Dem side, trust me.

He won't be getting many votes, but the ones he does get will be from people that more likely voted for Trump in 2020 than Biden.

Overall, this is likely a nothing burger that no one will even be thinking about a year from now. JMO

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be too sure about that Matt, and as I said we got plenty of examples of die hard RKers here. I think most of the disillusioned ex Trump supporters are looking to the other Republican candidates. Is there more of a possibility of defection from a growing concern about Biden's age or increased exposure to Trump court trials?  But I'll grant there will be defections from both sides, but I think RK Democrat defections  60-40 favors Trump IMO. 

At one point I was really looking forward  to see debates with both Biden and Trump debating the candidates in their parties. I once looked forward to RK and Williamson debating Biden, at least before RK started going after Biden from the right!

But all the other candidates in both parties have done so miserably. If I was Trump or even more so incumbent Biden, I wouldn't debate them! None of these 10 candidates have been able to get any kind of support. All of their totals together don't match Biden or Trump!

RK is such a terrible politician. He gets played by the Fox big boys, when our entitled little rich boy cries foul to the media and thinks the DNC owes him, even though he's plummeted in his polling! 

So naturally Fox gets an interview with RK and exploits this. RK is taken for a sucker here, and you can see it in his face! Hannity plays him like a fiddle telling him that if his own party doesn't want him, why doesn't RK start a third party? RK should never have shown up at Fox. He should have known he would be played like this!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-makes-an-insane-re-election-pitch-to-california-voters?ref=home?ref=home

“Former President Donald Trump made a bizarre pitch to California voters Friday, promising to fill the state’s canals with enough water to irrigate bathrooms and dampen forests to prevent wildfires. “All the currently dry canals will be brimming and used to irrigate everything including your own homes and bathrooms and everything—you’re going to be happy and I'm going to get it done fast,” Trump said. “They say that there’s so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests because if you dampen your forests you’re not going to have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody’s ever seen before.” The unhinged nature of the plan did not appear to dampen its popularity with voters at the California GOP Fall convention, who applauded the idea.”

Irrigate your bathrooms?

Dampen the forests?

Is that before or after you rake them?

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-makes-an-insane-re-election-pitch-to-california-voters?ref=home?ref=home

“Former President Donald Trump made a bizarre pitch to California voters Friday, promising to fill the state’s canals with enough water to irrigate bathrooms and dampen forests to prevent wildfires. “All the currently dry canals will be brimming and used to irrigate everything including your own homes and bathrooms and everything—you’re going to be happy and I'm going to get it done fast,” Trump said. “They say that there’s so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests because if you dampen your forests you’re not going to have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody’s ever seen before.” The unhinged nature of the plan did not appear to dampen its popularity with voters at the California GOP Fall convention, who applauded the idea.”

Irrigate your bathrooms?

Dampen the forests?

Is that before or after you rake them?

Steve Thomas

This abundant "California water" promise reminds me of Trump's 2016 blather about having a "terrific healthcare plan that will cover everyone and cost less."

He never had a healthcare plan!

He reflexively caters to people's wish fulfillment fantasies without intending to fulfill his unrealistic promises.

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Leslie, I agree with W. here. This is a danger.  He will draw more from Biden because of the general disillusionment of Democrats about Biden's age. I'll grant our example here at a JFKA conspiracy forum aren't typical voters. But most all of the hard core cult here will have no problem defecting to RK. Di Eugenio once bragged in 2016, about voting for Jill Stein saying it wouldn't matter anyway because of the electoral college and the fact that he was from California, even though at one point earlier he actually was for Hillary!

I'd like to see a breakdown of RK's polling, but he skyrocketed to just over 20%, I believe based mostly on his Kennedy  Democratic name base recognition, and a few ex Trumpists who like his outsider message with his anti vax stance thrown in. I think the  defections leading him back to his water mark 13-15 % range is probably mostly ex Trumpists who now realize he doesn't have a chance.

We're seeing another candidate with a monster sense of entitlement, who always seems to cherry pick his information. He's mentioned a number of times that he is the only candidate with a low negative rating, so he now sees the DNC as the only thing in the way of his Presidency! 

Agreed.

And one of the most disturbing things RFK, Jr. said in his recent Vanity Fair interview was that he views attempts to censor disinformation in the U.S. (e.g., re COVID vaccines) as a greater threat to our democracy than Trump's J6 attack on Congress!

That is simply ludicrous.  The Trump cult poses the greatest threat to American democracy and the rule of law in our nation's history-- with the exception of the Civil War.

This ludicrous claim is also consistent with RFK, Jr.'s persistent refusal to criticize Trump and his proto-fascist cult.

17 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I wonder, Leslie.

The danger of RFK, Jr.'s third party candidacy is that he could tip the Electoral balance to Trump's fascist cult in 2024-- in the same way that George W. Bush was tragically "elected" in 2000 by Ralph Nader's third party candidacy.

(Incidentally, Ralph Nader just endorsed Biden this week, acknowledging that we need to keep Trump out of office in our American "duopoly.")

I was struck by Conason's astute observation that this Kennedy (who I posit is more Skakel than K) and Trump share fundamental traits: the candidate you [Bobby] resemble most in political ideology, personal conduct, and narcissistic mentality [is Trump].

Jack and Bobby may have been mavericks within the Democratic Party (and yes, they each suffered their own narcissistic demons) but they knew how to read the room and work it. Bobby has botched his chance, imv. He now joins the fringe. The tipping point for me was that push-ups vid, evoking images of MTG with her assault rifle. Oorah!.  

Bannon, Hannity, Carlson, Hoft, et al are salivating at the prospect of his candidacy as an independent chipping away at Biden's numbers within the party, but I can't imagine tens of thousands of Republicans voting for A Kennedy nor do I think that's what the alt-right influencers are proposing.  They're in pursuit of chaos at all costs. Burn it all down. Kennedy's the match.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I can't read it without subscribing.

Ron, sorry about that. The article says, "A whistleblower lawsuit against Attorney General Ken Paxton can move forward, the Texas Supreme Court ruled on Friday, setting the stage for the Republican to again face the allegations that spurred his impeachment."

[Basically, it says Paxton's legal problems are not over until the fat lady sings.]

Edited by Douglas Caddy

“Let’s say a real white nationalist arose who had real political power," said former shampoo magnate and would-be "warlord" Charles Haywood, "and therefore [could] be of assistance against the left. I think that the answer is that you should cooperate with that person in order to destroy the power of the left.”
https://www.rawstory.com/christopher-rufo-desantis/

And on this issue of conspiracy theories, this perspective from thelastrefuge@reagan.com is choc full of "deep state" conspiracy with none other than Bobby at the center.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/09/29/robert-kennedy-jr-to-run-as-independent-in-2024-election/#more-251376

- Donald Trump -

“We will immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft. Very simply: If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store”, he said, drawing loud applause. “Shot” he added for emphasis.

Forget about arrests and trials and all that silly stuff.

You know, Donald Trump sure seems to talk about killing people a lot.

Steve Thomas

13 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that Matt, and as I said we got plenty of examples of die hard RKers here.

Yes, on a KENNEDY board lol.

And of those people on here I've seen supporting RFK? Most wouldn't support Biden- most hate Biden!

Sorry, but this just isn't a bad thing for Dems. RFK Jr. has been soundly rejected by Dems and he knows it.

The reality? The truth is that Dems can't stand RFK Jr. and his stances.

Feel free to worry about this all you want, but my mind will be on other matters.

31 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump -

“We will immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft. Very simply: If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store”, he said, drawing loud applause. “Shot” he added for emphasis.

Forget about arrests and trials and all that silly stuff.

You know, Donald Trump sure seems to talk about killing people a lot.

Steve Thomas

will that policy apply to bank fraud?

"We’re tired of f*cking around with these whack jobs." - Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.)

We're in tick tock land now for the MAGA Terrorist Movement.

Their attempts at destroying our great nation are now being foiled on a bi-partisan basis.

Tick tock.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/09/30/congress/stopgap-passes-00119280