The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROLL CALL

I checked the roll call. As Steve has said, all the most powerful Republicans,

Mike Johnson, Mc Carthy , Scalise, Stepanik, voted to keep Santos.

All the Republicans who  voted to overturn the election, voted to keep Santos.That  includes  Mike Johnson, Kevin Mc Carthy, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Green,Loren Boebert, Andy Biggs, Paul Gozar, Mo Brooks and Louie Gohmert.

All the Republicans who are suspected of directly aiding the Insurrection and the Insurrectionists, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gozar and Mo Brooks voted to keep Santos.

We can celebrate a crook like Santos leaving, but if we check into current Congressman who are leaving office in 2024 it is more sobering.

5 senators are leaving in 2024.  4 of them are Democrats!

One Democrat Manchin is leaving a heavily Republican state.

18 Congressman are leaving- this is split 9 Republicans and 9 Democrats.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/26/us/politics/congress-retirements-list.html

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

ROLL CALL

I checked the roll call. As Steve has said, all the most powerful Republicans,

Mike Johnson, Mc Carthy , Scalise, Stepanik, voted to keep Santos.

All the Republicans who  voted to overturn the election, voted to keep Santos.That  includes  Mike Johnson, Kevin Mc Carthy, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Green,Loren Boebert, Andy Biggs, Paul Gozar, Mo Brooks and Louie Gohmert.

All the Republicans who are suspected of directly aiding the Insurrection and the Insurrectionists, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gozar and Mo Brooks voted to keep Santos.

Kirk,

All of the Leadership said that the vote on Santos was a Vote of Conscience. They would not tell the membership how to vote.

Then at the last minute, the Leadership announced that they would all side with Santos.

The ordinary members are now looking sideways at their Leadership.

"You'd side with That Guy? Is that where your conscience lies? Maybe we'd better rethink this whole Leadership thing."

Their naked lust for power, even at the cost of their own souls, has been exposed for all to see.

Steve Thomas

Steve Bannon calls for Civil War between MAGA and the GOP (video)

By Carla Sinclair 2:51 pm Fri Dec 1, 2023

https://boingboing.net/2023/12/01/steve-bannon-calls-for-civil-war-between-maga-and-the-gop-video.html

“Steve Bannon has been itching for a civil war, but after the George Santos expulsion today, the War Room podcaster got really specific on who the enemies were — and emphasized that it's not Republicans vs. Democrats anymore.

In fact, he targeted his vitriol not on the the usual suspects on the left, but instead on the "establishment" wing of the MAGA party, calling out Fox News, Kevin McCarthy, and the 105 Republicans who voted to oust the New York fraudmaker. (See video below, posted by @Brooklynwatch.)

"This is McCarthy screwing MAGA to jam up Mike Johnson. This is 100% McCarthy and his acolytes trying to make our job even tougher and even take away our majority," the former Trump strategist said. “

There is much wailing and the gnashing of the teeth.

Steve Thomas

Donald Trump to Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Just say you are investigating Joe Biden and I'll release the military aid we promised".

Donald Trump to Jeffrey Clark, "Just say the Justce Department is investigating voter fraud 8n Georgia, and leave the rest to me and the Republicans in Congress".

Donald Trump to James Comer and Jim Jordan, "You don't have to impeach Joe Biden, just say you are launching an Inquiry".

Same old song and dance.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Earlier on Monday, attorneys for Trump requested permission to file for appeal after a lower appeals court reinstated the gag order last week.

"Without expedited review, Petitioners will continue to suffer irreparable injury daily, as they are silenced on matters implicating the appearance of bias and impropriety on the bench during a trial of immense stakes,"

Implicating the appearance...

In other words, I demand the right to smear people without any evidence whatsoever.

Steve Thomas

An interesting statement.  If Trump had been prosecuted by now regarding J-6 we might be seeing say Newsome, probably others stepping up.  To whatever maga and the other republicans could agree on . . .

Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running' (msn.com)

Kevin McCarthy announces he's leaving Congress

by Brad Reed December 6, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/kevin-mccarthy-retirement/

“Just weeks after his historically short term as speaker ended, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) announced on Wednesday that he will be leaving Congress at the end of the year.

In an editorial published by the Wall Street Journal, McCarthy said that he would be stepping down from Congress "to serve America in new ways."”

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Meet Donald Trumps new Vice President.

Steve Thomas