The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Well jeez, Hamas isn't so bad after all. After killing members of your family and beating you, they might treat you kindly. Now that's my kind of terrorist!

(This is a different woman, BTW FWIW. A peace activist.)

18 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:
On 3/9/2024 at 7:00 AM, Paul Bacon said:

Exactly!!

After she was freed, Israeli hostage offered a handshake to Hamas (nbcnews.com)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/24/israel-hamas-hostage-released-testimony/?itid=lk_inline_manual_29

"In the video showing her release, Lifshitz turns to shake hands with one of her Hamas captors, also sparking questions about whether she had been coerced. In an interview with Kan News, her son Yizhar said she shook hands with her captor upon her release “because he had kept her alive and she thanked him. That is all. It has nothing to do with the savage murderers who rampaged through the kibbutz. Her rage at them also remains.”

I commend her peace activism and her noble gesture, but she was still a bargaining chip.

BREAKING.... Margot Robbie at the Oscars tonight... a bit of history.

BTW, I watched the Barbie movie with my wife on our recent cruise.

Not really my thing, but I thought it was clever, and Robbie was great.

(I think she was snubbed by the Academy.)

82291007-13180123-image-a-284_1710113316

Jimmy Kimmel brought the house down at the Oscars tonight by reading a derogatory, rambling Truth Social post by Trump, then asking Trump, "Isn't it past your jail time?"

Someone posted a copy of Trump's alleged tweet at DU, but I don't know if it's authentic.

Childhood friends say Katie Britt 'did everything right' — until she turned to Trump
By Sarah K. Burris March 11, 2024
https://www.rawstory.com/katie-britt-is-done/

Everything Donald Trump touches dies.
Steve Thomas

Former President Donald Trump said on Monday that executives and workers at American steel companies openly weep in his presence because of the tariffs he placed on Chinese steel during his presidency.

"Every person in the steel industry, when they see me, they start crying," Trump claimed. "They hugged me, they kissed me, they said, 'Sir, you saved our industry!' I put a very strong... tariff on their dumped steel, and, by the way, nothing was perfect, frankly the parents should have been higher."

The parents should have been higher?  Does he mean tariffs?
I can't wait till he starts claiming he can heal the sick and walk on water.

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Jimmy Kimmel brought the house down at the Oscars tonight by reading a derogatory, rambling Truth Social post by Trump, then asking Trump, "Isn't it past your jail time?"

Someone posted a copy of Trump's alleged tweet at DU, but I don't know if it's authentic.

Kimmel humiliated Trump in front of the MILLIONS of people watching the Oscars.

I just screencapped Trump's rant from the Truth Social website. Here ya go:

kimmel.jpg

19 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

BREAKING.... Margot Robbie at the Oscars tonight... a bit of history.

BTW, I watched the Barbie movie with my wife on our recent cruise.

Not really my thing, but I thought it was clever, and Robbie was great.

(I think she was snubbed by the Academy.)

82291007-13180123-image-a-284_1710113316

I saw Barbie and thought it a great picture. If it comes back in the wake of the Oscars, I am going to see it again on the big screen. For some reason members of the Academy of Motion Pictures did not do it justice at the Oscars. It was almost blacklisted even though it grossed over a $ 1 billion and was an international success. 

20 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I saw Barbie and thought it a great picture. If it comes back in the wake of the Oscars, I am going to see it again on the big screen. For some reason members of the Academy of Motion Pictures did not do it justice at the Oscars. It was almost blacklisted even though it grossed over a $ 1 billion and was an international success. 

It was indeed a great film. As someone that has made their living in the music business, it is my impression that the film business is not as inclusive and forward as the music biz, and it is a mystery to me why that is the case.