The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha omg, Trump's sons made the VP pick, and GOP insiders are furious it was Vance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-chose-jd-vance-running-mate-vp-pick-rcna161982?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

MILWAUKEE — With the clock ticking to the Republican National Convention last week, Donald Trump met privately to discuss his running mate search with two of his closest advisers: his sons. 

The conversation quickly turned tense when the former president indicated that he was leaning toward Doug Burgum, until recently the largely unknown governor of North Dakota — but someone whose low-maintenance, no-drama personality would never threaten to outshine Trump.

That’s when Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump chimed in.

“Don Jr. and Eric went bats--- crazy: ‘Why would you do something so stupid? He offers us nothing,’” a longtime Republican operative familiar with the discussion told NBC News.

“They were basically all like ‘JD, JD, JD,’” the operative said.

RNC raffle offers same type of gun that shot Trump as prize

By Daniel Hampton By Daniel Hampton July 16, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/republican-national-convention-2668758588/

"The type of military-style rifle used in former President Donald Trump's assassination attempt over the weekend — and numerous other mass shootings — is being given away as a raffle prize at the Republican National Convention."

I... I... I...
Is this the true definition of brain dead?

Steve Thomas

I think I have it figured out.

I've been wondering what's wrong with this generation of 20 somethings. In the last 5 or 6 years, they've been shooting up schools and 4th of July parades and grocery stores..

I couldn't figure out why, and then it hit me. All these kids were born around the year 2000.

Do you remember all the dire predictions we heard about the Y2K problem? Well, it manifested itself in a way we never expected.

*grin*

Steve Thomas

- our new Vice-President, maybe, J.D. Vance -

Okay. I've been nominated to be the next Vice-President of the United States of America. What should be my first order of business?

I know. I'll insult our closest ally.

"I was talking with a friend recently...one of the big dangers in the world is nuclear proliferation and of course the Biden administration doesn't care about it and I was talking about what is the first truly Islamist country that will get a nuclear weapon and we were like 'maybe it's Iran, maybe Pakistan already kind of counts' then we sort of finally decided maybe it's actually the U.K. since Labour just took over."

Steve Thomas

Good old DNC moving to squelch any debate about Biden's fitness! Now they're going to vote 3 weeks early!

There's definitely some conflict with that in the party as the Dem Congress and Senate candidates are finding Biden sapping down their numbers.  As Doug posted Adam Schiff is sounding the alarm but in fairness, it probably only means the difference of a 12 point lead against Steve Garvey going down to 8 points in his election for California Senate, though I don't have the figures.

But I assume he's sounding the alarm for other Dem candidates, Because in the Senate, there are many more Dem seats on the line, and it's going to be tough, and they would be hoping to tip the house if they had a good front runner. .

Anyway, the smart money in Vegas now says Trump 67%, Biden caving at 25%, Harris 12%. Harris is 12 under the idea that Biden would be replaced or have to drop out before the election.

https://www.thelines.com/odds/election/

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Good old DNC moving to squelch any debate about Biden's fitness!  Now they're going to vote 3 weeks early!

That's in order to get on the ballot in Ohio, which has this phony deadline that must be met by the "official" nominee.

There's definitely some conflict with that in the party as the Dem Congress and Senate candidates are finding Biden sapping down their numbers.  As Doug posted Adam Schiff is sounding the alarm but in fairness, it probably only means the difference of a 12 point lead against Steve Garvey going down to 8 points in his election for California Senate, though I don't have the figures.

Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff trying to replace Joe with Kamala Harris -- sounds like a California thing to me.

But I assume he's sounding the alarm for other Dem candidates, Because in the Senate, there are many more Dem seats on the line, and it's going to be tough, and they would be hoping to tip the house if they had a good front runner. 

The polls I've seen show Dem Senate candidates outperforming Biden significantly.

Anyway, the smart money in Vegas now says Trump 67%, Biden caving at 25%, Harris 12%. Harris is 12 under the idea that Biden would be replaced or have to drop out before the election.

Maybe President Hillary Clinton can tell us how her 90% chance of winning worked out for her.

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/clinton-has-90-percent-chance-of-winning-reutersipsos-states-of-the-nation-idUSKBN1322J0/#:~:text=NEW YORK (Reuters) - With,States of the Nation project.

18 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Maybe President Hillary Clinton can tell us how her 90% chance of winning worked out for her.

At 1 point 538 gave here a 95% chance of winning.

I was reading Taleb's posts on Twitter about that in 2016, and he made a lot of mathematical sense that it was really only around 50% and 538 was just wrong.  

Since then, I've mostly ignored 538 except to look up favourability ratings.

1 vote here for https://www.pollyvote.com which currently has it 50/50 exactly for the 2 party popular vote share.   They are more accurate on vote share vs. EC.

Edited by Bill Fite

Yeah, I hear you Cliff, of course HC did win the popular vote. I just don't think people in 2016 were extrapolating that it was possible the Dems could lead the popular vote and lose the election again!i All the polls were predicting she had a 2-3 point lead, which was accurate!

There's 110 days left and the Vegas and the market could get it wrong.  But the markets today are starting to bank on everything Trump is saying about his future financial policies.

-Health care stocks are popping, venting a sigh of relief at the thought of less Biden regulation.

The public is stupid enough to give up the economic gains they've made as far as Health Care, whether they will, we'll find out.

-Semi conductor stocks are tanking because of offhand Trump comments, and I'm losing my shirt!

-Bitcoin and crypto currencies are going up because Trump reversed himself and is pro Bitcoin now!

-The big banks have been popping all week!

Bill,  I read your earlier post about  pollyvote and opened that first link you provided.  It looked interesting, and now it shows Trump up 275-263.  As a snapshot, I'd be happy with that right now.

P.S. Bill, Ive been trying to find your first post about pollyvote that i believe had 3 links in it. Can you give me the other 2 links?

Thanks,

Edited by Kirk Gallaway